• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Test Drive Scheduled in Ontario!

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's awesome! How long ago did you place your deposit / did you spec your F/E already? Yes, a review would be great.

OP
L

lotusnewb

Reaction score
That's awesome! How long ago did you place your deposit / did you spec your F/E already? Yes, a review would be great.

Hey, my initial deposit was late in the game, I think early Jan, 2022. Haven't spec'd it or anything yet. I think I recall you posting that you are also a deposit holder at Oakville. I believe they are calling all deposit holders to schedule a drive, so if you haven't got a call yet, you will.

old dusty

Reaction score
Hello all,
Good news to all fellow Canadians. Looks like test drives are starting to be booked here.
Just booked a test drive through Lotus Oakville in Ontario.
Booked for Nov 5. Happy to share feedback if there's any interest in that.
Thanks for update. I contacted Gentry to see what they know and was told November 2 and 3rd are likely dates there but no other details. It may be the worst area of town to try a test drive but after all this waiting I'm super pumped just to see it in person.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Thanks for update. I contacted Gentry to see what they know and was told November 2 and 3rd are likely dates there but no other details. It may be the worst area of town to try a test drive but after all this waiting I'm super pumped just to see it in person.
After all this waiting it’ll probably be our first snow storm of the season that week. Na, it’ll be a great day, take your sunglasses with you. Enjoy the ride!

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hello all,
Good news to all fellow Canadians. Looks like test drives are starting to be booked here.
Just booked a test drive through Lotus Oakville in Ontario.
Booked for Nov 5. Happy to share feedback if there's any interest in that.

Just a suggestion. You have some time before your test drive on Nov 5. One of the first things people comment on when they take a test drive is what type of road they were able to drive on, or more importantly, NOT drive on. Maybe contact the dealer to see if there is a defined route? If there is you could always check it our prior if the dealer is close. If no defined route and only "time" you could still scout the area and find the best roads, curves to hit. Sorry if this sounds obsessive! You know, learn the race track before the race. Lol

Can't wait to hear back.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If I beat @TomE and @Scruff111S and the rest of the UK guys to a test drive, I will be shocked. Just under two weeks and counting. Although they will most definitely receive their Emira's before me... So I guess they will have the last laugh. :ROFLMAO:

Pretty excited to see it in the flesh, anyone know the spec or colour coming?

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If I beat @TomE and @Scruff111S and the rest of the UK guys to a test drive, I will be shocked. Just under two weeks and counting. Although they will most definitely receive their Emira's before me... So I guess they will have the last laugh. :ROFLMAO:

Pretty excited to see it in the flesh, anyone know the spec or colour coming?
@TomE I have been told that Rybrook Lotus Birmingham have been notified that their demo car will be delivered this week. Test drive coming up, hopefully 🙏 🤞

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I believe it when we see photos of it at the dealership.

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I believe it when we see photos of it at the dealership.
Yes, me too. I have been told many things by Lotus that have not happened. I even said that to them. I did say I will not believe even a delivery date until I am sat in it driving away from the dealer. Lotus have only themselves to blame for the way I feel. Also @TomE, do you think this business model of direct selling is working? I certainly don't. Do you think there will be a review of this method of selling, and possibly revert back to dealer selling?

p.rob

Emira Fan
Reaction score
reached out to the Montreal dealership on monday as well. Was not confirmed an exact date, but he did confirm the car is expected early november.

They said they'll contact me as soon as the date is confirmed.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hey, my initial deposit was late in the game, I think early Jan, 2022. Haven't spec'd it or anything yet... I believe they are calling all deposit holders to schedule a drive, so if you haven't got a call yet, you will.
So you put a deposit this year and got a call about a test drive and others that put in a deposit much earlier haven't been called? Lotus hard at work ticking people off again.

OP
L

lotusnewb

Reaction score
So you put a deposit this year and got a call about a test drive and others that put in a deposit much earlier haven't been called? Lotus hard at work ticking people off again.
It sounds like the Oakville dealer must calling people in an order other than by deposit date, but they said they are calling everyone on the list, so I think everyone will get a turn.

OP
L

lotusnewb

Reaction score
That's awesome, did they contact you to book, or did you reach out? My deposit with Oakville was made in February.

Anthony from the dealership is making the calls, I haven't reached out to them since placing the deposit. You should be getting a call anytime now

OP
L

lotusnewb

Reaction score
Just a suggestion. You have some time before your test drive on Nov 5. One of the first things people comment on when they take a test drive is what type of road they were able to drive on, or more importantly, NOT drive on. Maybe contact the dealer to see if there is a defined route? If there is you could always check it our prior if the dealer is close. If no defined route and only "time" you could still scout the area and find the best roads, curves to hit. Sorry if this sounds obsessive! You know, learn the race track before the race. Lol

Can't wait to hear back.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know the area pretty well, and there are some good options for routes.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Alphabetical order perhaps?? haha

Honestly dealers in Canada / US do not care about deposit date orders at all. They give out cars or make phone calls based on 1. Profits 2. Personal relationship 3. Possible future sales - The order of deposit date is irrelevant to most dealers. Sad I know.

Fyuen1

Reaction score
Just touch base with Paul at Gentry, he advises that they will have the Emira on Nov 2 and 3. 15 min test drive slots will be available for deposit holders. They are discussing the details with Lotus and should have all the final information by today.

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Honestly dealers in Canada / US do not care about deposit date orders at all. They give out cars or make phone calls based on 1. Profits 2. Personal relationship 3. Possible future sales - The order of deposit date is irrelevant to most dealers. Sad I know.
My concern is that it is not unusual to have snow anytime soon. Might have made more sense to start the test drives north and work their way down to warmer climates.