Sunday drive = first proper breakdown

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ah the joys of Emira ownership, the sun is shining the roads are clear and the Emira......

......well that is sat here not wanting to start about 3 miles from home.

Not sure what's happened, went out twice today on small hops. Parked up to go into a store and 10 mins later came out and car would not start.

Frustratingly I am supposed to be going to dealer tomorrow as I have been having more issues with AC not working again.

Almost a year of ownership and multiple weeks off the road with one fault or another!!

Think it might be time for that Porsche I have been promising myself as I am starting to lose my patience with this car.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Are you on the latest software update? Supposedly it fixes a non start issue

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Are you on the latest software update? Supposedly it fixes a non start issue
I think I am as car was in for an AC repair at the start of December.

Its back up and running now, AA man disconnected my battery for 5 minutes, reconnected and the car fired up with no warnings, at Lotus Silverstone tomorrow for a check on my recurring AC problem so its on the scanner hopefully that might show any stored faults.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I think I am as car was in for an AC repair at the start of December.

Its back up and running now, AA man disconnected my battery for 5 minutes, reconnected and the car fired up with no warnings, at Lotus Silverstone tomorrow for a check on my recurring AC problem so its on the scanner hopefully that might show any stored faults.
I believe from other Forum members in the UK, Lotus issued a new update in mid-january to sort the starting / ac issues. Apparently they are related. From what we have heard the latest update has sorted both issues. Hopefully it works out for you as well.

Andrew P

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe from other Forum members in the UK, Lotus issued a new update in mid-january to sort the starting / ac issues. Apparently they are related. From what we have heard the latest update has sorted both issues. Hopefully it works out for you as well.
This is correct - software update to fix this was mid January so you are not on the latest version. Hopefully this update will sort it

OP
Nellie

Nellie

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is correct - software update to fix this was mid January so you are not on the latest version. Hopefully this update will sort it
The software fix has been applied for the non start issue, so hopefully I wont have that again.

Oh and my SOS fault came back following the battery disconnect, hopefully that has been reset again as well.

Unfortunately the software fix/update does not resolve the AC issue I have but I will update on what I have bee told about this on the AC thread as it will be more relevant there.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
The software fix has been applied for the non start issue, so hopefully I wont have that again.

Oh and my SOS fault came back following the battery disconnect, hopefully that has been reset again as well.

Unfortunately the software fix/update does not resolve the AC issue I have but I will update on what I have bee told about this on the AC thread as it will be more relevant there.
Thank you for being a trooper and working through these issues. Whether you realize it or not, you and the others like you are doing a service to all Emira owners by getting these bugs identified and fixed. I salute you.

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a bit of a scare at the weekend. Went to take the Emira for a spin as battery getting low after 5 weeks of no usage and it wouldn't unlock. I tried it 4 or 5 times and then it unlocked. I presumed the car battery was too low but the car started first time and then advised it couldn't find the key after a few minutes. New key in the fob and all sorted.

Trickytimes

Reaction score
I had a bit of a scare at the weekend. Went to take the Emira for a spin as battery getting low after 5 weeks of no usage and it wouldn't unlock. I tried it 4 or 5 times and then it unlocked. I presumed the car battery was too low but the car started first time and then advised it couldn't find the key after a few minutes. New key in the fob and all sorted.
I know this might sound obvious but if you park somewhere where you can fit a CTEK battery conditioner then I would do. It will preserve the life of your battery and avoid any issues with starting.

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Unfortunately I don't have any external power where I park right now. It would take the stress out if I did, to be fair I have left the car for 6 weeks in summer and it was fine.

SteveB

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have any external power where I park right now. It would take the stress out if I did, to be fair I have left the car for 6 weeks in summer and it was fine.
Have you considered a solar powered charger? I fitted one of these to the car port I built for my Emira and it works really well:

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great call but unfortunately I'm in an underground car park. The new house will have power in the garage if I decide to keep the Lotus. Appreciate the tip.

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm really impressed to hear the Emira was ok after that length of time without use and without trickle. I've always trickled my Lotus machinery (Esprits previously) but have been extra vigilant with the Emira after cautions from L Silverstone when I collected about needing to keep charged due to risk of causing electrical gremlins. The only one I've had so far is the intermittent parking brake service SNAFU, which was caused by last year's software update of course.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts