Sun shade options?

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey all, just figured I'd ask as I live in Texas -- any thoughts on a good sunshade/sunscreen? I don't often need it but when I do it's a nice thing to have.

I bought a shift knob cover as well for things like this as it may get too hot or too cold, so just adding a few odds and ends as I need them.

I emailed McNeil (makers of weathertech) in the hopes they’ll make some good stuff for us. Fingers crossed!

Just get quality ceramic window and windshield tint. You don't have to go dark and it'll still do a fantastic job rejecting 99% of UV rays and a lot of infrared heat.

Just get quality ceramic window and windshield tint. You don't have to go dark and it'll still do a fantastic job rejecting 99% of UV rays and a lot of infrared heat.
I opted not to get the windshield tint since I have a camera there and no matter what I’ve had in the past if the sun is beating down there is not a lot a film will do not to heat up certain car elements.

I opted not to get the windshield tint since I have a camera there and no matter what I’ve had in the past if the sun is beating down there is not a lot a film will do not to heat up certain car elements.

I don't understand. I run a dashcam too. No issues.. 🤔

20240310_153441.jpg

I always put the sun shield up in cars. I'm really a fan of the twist and fold up type having had the fitted roll up and accordian style. Easy to put behind the pass seat. I took one out of one of the other cars for the Emira and it fits perfectly everywhere. Benefit of the type since it has some flex.
The tag wore off but heres some pics. Its about 32"x 60" deployed. Believe it was a L or XL. I get them at Costco...but Amazon will have.
sun_visor1.jpg
sun_visor2.jpg

I always put the sun shield up in cars. I'm really a fan of the twist and fold up type having had the fitted roll up and accordian style. Easy to put behind the pass seat. I took one out of one of the other cars for the Emira and it fits perfectly everywhere. Benefit of the type since it has some flex.
The tag wore off but heres some pics. Its about 32"x 60" deployed. Believe it was a L or XL. I get them at Costco...but Amazon will have.
View attachment 41324View attachment 41325

+1 for this style… this is what I have in all my cars, and I’d recommend using them anytime you’re parking outdoors, no matter the season or cloud cover. People have asked me why I have mine up on a cloudy winter day (Utah). UV will destroy suppleness in leather and leave you with a hard candy shell to sit on, not the buttery smooth softness from new.

All the other styles of sun shades are a pain. The custom ones are too stiff and take up too much space imo.

I've kept this cheap accordion-style one from my Evora - pretty confident that it will fit the Emira too but I'm in the UK and it's only April....

IMG_E6030.JPG

I've always used Heatshieldstore.com on all my cars, including the Evora and Elise. They're custom made for each car, and they fit perfectly. Prices are reasonable too.

I used this one from GRP for my Evora and thinking I can use it on the Emira

I used this one from GRP for my Evora and thinking I can use it on the Emira

@GRP , is this one enough of a good fit on the Emira to be listed as an Emira item on your site? Or do you think it's ok, but not 100%?

Reactions: GRP
@GRP , is this one enough of a good fit on the Emira to be listed as an Emira item on your site? Or do you think it's ok, but not 100%?
I will test one in the shop car today and see how the fitment is. If its good we will list them in the Emira section, if its too far off we will get a template going and get them specially made by covercraft asap.

I just tested a Covercraft UVS-100 sunshade for Evora, it DOES NOT fit the Emira windscreen. The fitment isnt even close you can't even open one of the corner tabs.

Yeah, I tried my Heatshield from the Evora, and it didn't fit the Emira either.

So, I bought a new Heatshield specifically for the Emira, and it wasn't a great fit either. The height of the shield needs to be at least two inches taller, otherwise, it leaves part of the dash exposed. In other words, if I push the shield up against where the dash meets the windshield, the top doesn't even come close enough to catch under the sun visor.

I'm very surprised by that, because every Heatshield I've owned has always been perfect, and I've had them on five different cars.

Yeah, I tried my Heatshield from the Evora, and it didn't fit the Emira either.

So, I bought a new Heatshield specifically for the Emira, and it wasn't a great fit either. The height of the shield needs to be at least two inches taller, otherwise, it leaves part of the dash exposed. In other words, if I push the shield up against where the dash meets the windshield, the top doesn't even come close enough to catch under the sun visor.

I'm very surprised by that, because every Heatshield I've owned has always been perfect, and I've had them on five different cars.
Ditto on the Emira spec from Heatshield. more of a one-size-fits-all look, not edge to edge at all.