Sun shade options?

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hey all, just figured I'd ask as I live in Texas -- any thoughts on a good sunshade/sunscreen? I don't often need it but when I do it's a nice thing to have.

I bought a shift knob cover as well for things like this as it may get too hot or too cold, so just adding a few odds and ends as I need them.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I emailed McNeil (makers of weathertech) in the hopes they’ll make some good stuff for us. Fingers crossed!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Just get quality ceramic window and windshield tint. You don't have to go dark and it'll still do a fantastic job rejecting 99% of UV rays and a lot of infrared heat.

OP
Shyatic

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just get quality ceramic window and windshield tint. You don't have to go dark and it'll still do a fantastic job rejecting 99% of UV rays and a lot of infrared heat.
I opted not to get the windshield tint since I have a camera there and no matter what I’ve had in the past if the sun is beating down there is not a lot a film will do not to heat up certain car elements.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I opted not to get the windshield tint since I have a camera there and no matter what I’ve had in the past if the sun is beating down there is not a lot a film will do not to heat up certain car elements.

I don't understand. I run a dashcam too. No issues.. 🤔

20240310_153441.jpg

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I always put the sun shield up in cars. I'm really a fan of the twist and fold up type having had the fitted roll up and accordian style. Easy to put behind the pass seat. I took one out of one of the other cars for the Emira and it fits perfectly everywhere. Benefit of the type since it has some flex.
The tag wore off but heres some pics. Its about 32"x 60" deployed. Believe it was a L or XL. I get them at Costco...but Amazon will have.
sun_visor1.jpg
sun_visor2.jpg

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I always put the sun shield up in cars. I'm really a fan of the twist and fold up type having had the fitted roll up and accordian style. Easy to put behind the pass seat. I took one out of one of the other cars for the Emira and it fits perfectly everywhere. Benefit of the type since it has some flex.
The tag wore off but heres some pics. Its about 32"x 60" deployed. Believe it was a L or XL. I get them at Costco...but Amazon will have.
View attachment 41324View attachment 41325

+1 for this style… this is what I have in all my cars, and I’d recommend using them anytime you’re parking outdoors, no matter the season or cloud cover. People have asked me why I have mine up on a cloudy winter day (Utah). UV will destroy suppleness in leather and leave you with a hard candy shell to sit on, not the buttery smooth softness from new.

All the other styles of sun shades are a pain. The custom ones are too stiff and take up too much space imo.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've kept this cheap accordion-style one from my Evora - pretty confident that it will fit the Emira too but I'm in the UK and it's only April....

IMG_E6030.JPG

cdn_alien

Reaction score
I've always used Heatshieldstore.com on all my cars, including the Evora and Elise. They're custom made for each car, and they fit perfectly. Prices are reasonable too.

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I used this one from GRP for my Evora and thinking I can use it on the Emira

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I used this one from GRP for my Evora and thinking I can use it on the Emira

@GRP , is this one enough of a good fit on the Emira to be listed as an Emira item on your site? Or do you think it's ok, but not 100%?

Reactions: GRP

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@GRP , is this one enough of a good fit on the Emira to be listed as an Emira item on your site? Or do you think it's ok, but not 100%?
I will test one in the shop car today and see how the fitment is. If its good we will list them in the Emira section, if its too far off we will get a template going and get them specially made by covercraft asap.

GRP

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tested and it fits the Emira well!
I dont think there is need to make a new template so we have listed them in our Emira parts section now.
We have a handfull in stock currently for quick shipping.

UVS Sunshade

25b6b841-1d2b-4b6c-a6da-a736769d298c-Photoroom (36).png