Stumbled across this Chinese video ....... TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT !

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The A45s redlines at 7krpm which matches the video but hardly conclusive.

It is. I was there last month and they said they would have both the v6 and i4 in for test drives this summer
The V6 redlines at 6800 so what else could it be?

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was leaning towards the i4 but If that turns out to be true I'll be getting the v6. A mid-engine sports car shouldn't have synthetic sounds piped into the cabin. Especially a Lotus! Everything else about the car is genuine the vents, styling etc.

I really hope this isn't true. That's a big turn off otherwise
I'd just missed the i4 drive by at Hethel so didn't hear it - I was told it sounds great as a driver, when asking how so? this is the info I got.

CraigO

Reaction score
I'd just missed the i4 drive by at Hethel so didn't hear it - I was told it sounds great as a driver, when asking how so? this is the info I got.
Some of the newer sound augmentation systems are really good these days and not as false as early ones. My Alfa Giulia has a microphone in the induction system and in dynamic mode amplifies that into the car. So its the "real" sound, just lifted. It does sound pretty good I have to say.

AndySXV

Reaction score
I'm still surprised that no genuine videos of the i4 have found their way to the internet. There must be a leak somewhere?

I'm test driving both the i4 and v6 in July/August so will be able to feedback but I'm itching to hear the i4 exhaust note.
I was at Millbrook Proving ground last week for a couple of days. There was a couple of i4's there, they sounded pretty decent to be honest, i heard them being pushed but not flat out. I had an RS3 and in my opinion, the Emira sounded nicer. HOWEVER!, flat out in 3rd and 4th and doing 150mph round the outer circuit my V6 sounded amazing!!!

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was at Millbrook Proving ground last week for a couple of days. There was a couple of i4's there, they sounded pretty decent to be honest, i heard them being pushed but not flat out. I had an RS3 and in my opinion, the Emira sounded nicer. HOWEVER!, flat out in 3rd and 4th and doing 150mph round the outer circuit my V6 sounded amazing!!!
Saying it sounded nicer than an RS3 is solid praise, assuming you mean the 5 cylinder ❤️

brightoncorgi

Reaction score
Has 4 cylinder ever left Hethel? Last I read it was still in exhaust development. Once they get that finalized, they'll have to build tooling or their supplier will have to and that takes time. I imagine heat is going to be an issue with 4 cylinder.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has 4 cylinder ever left Hethel? Last I read it was still in exhaust development. Once they get that finalized, they'll have to build tooling or their supplier will have to and that takes time. I imagine heat is going to be an issue with 4 cylinder.

150 apparently were shipped to China — they’ve gotta figure out cooling on the v6 first :)