Stumbled across this Chinese video ....... TAKE IT WITH A GRAIN OF SALT !

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They’ve only delivered V6 MT Emira to Chinese customers up to this point. There were very limited options on these V6 cars and that car has those options (DC wheels, yellow callipers, full BP, privacy glass and Seneca was 1 of the 4 colour options offered).

It’s a V6 not I4 I’d say.

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm still surprised that no genuine videos of the i4 have found their way to the internet. There must be a leak somewhere?

I'm test driving both the i4 and v6 in July/August so will be able to feedback but I'm itching to hear the i4 exhaust note.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I concur. Having seen/ heard just about every v6 video, attended 2 Emira dealer reveals with rev snarls and test driving the car....
The video is a badly recorded v6 sound.
Still, the i4 is a well kept secret.
A forum member mentioned encountering one on the Hethel test track. It was not throaty doing its paces.
The wait continues.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
how can you tell what it is with that bloody din playing over the top :sick:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

I know this belongs to someone on here and maybe they can comment on its origin/veracity

This is my account, though I forget who shared that with me originally. I'll typically tag the creator/owner unless specifically asked to keep it anonymous. I've heard the i4 in the Emira in a couple other videos as well. One was a rainy evening coming off a truck and the other had a ton of background noise, so neither were really great quality.

I personally like some turbo 4 sounds. Specifically the rumble of a flat 4 with unequal length manifolds like that in my Subaru STIs. I have an AWE Track catback exhaust on my GTI and I think it sounds nice. It's not too obnoxious and has a nice deep growl. Not something I'd expect out of a $100k car though. The v6 supercharged 2gr-fe sounds awesome though! Especially from the outside!! Throw a proper exhaust on the Emira and I'd argue it'd be one of the greatest sounding v6s ever.

Tokion

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
«Grain of salt» taken❣️

There was another video of a Seneca Blue Emira in China, that supposedly also was an I4, and the sound there was «far more plausible» 🤣🤣🤣

During this summer, genuine I4 (supposedly 150 of them) will land In China, and I assume some I4 will presumably be presented to the UK and worldwide automobile press. Let’s find out what the I4 «genuinly» sounds like.

I have betted on the I4 from the start, and had my order In from the beginning, because I believe this will become the genuine, latest Colin Chapman inspired Lotus that it is meant to be.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm still surprised that no genuine videos of the i4 have found their way to the internet. There must be a leak somewhere?

I'm test driving both the i4 and v6 in July/August so will be able to feedback but I'm itching to hear the i4 exhaust note.
Is that at Bell and Colville? I did a V6 drive earlier this year but I've not heard anything from them regards availability of the I4 yet.

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Redline looks to be greater than 6800 so it could be the I4.
The A45s redlines at 7krpm which matches the video but hardly conclusive.

Is that at Bell and Colville? I did a V6 drive earlier this year but I've not heard anything from them regards availability of the I4 yet.
It is. I was there last month and they said they would have both the v6 and i4 in for test drives this summer

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The A45s redlines at 7krpm which matches the video but hardly conclusive.

It is. I was there last month and they said they would have both the v6 and i4 in for test drives this summer
Ah, OK, thanks. That was the same story I got when I went. Given previous timescales, I'm a bit skeptical on the I4 timing but let's see. With all the issues still being reported on the V6 I'm in no hurry to be an early adopter!

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
internally the i4 has synthetic sound - externally it sounds like a turbo. Won't reveal my source but he's as reliable as it gets

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
internally the i4 has synthetic sound - externally it sounds like a turbo. Won't reveal my source but he's as reliable as it gets
I was leaning towards the i4 but If that turns out to be true I'll be getting the v6. A mid-engine sports car shouldn't have synthetic sounds piped into the cabin. Especially a Lotus! Everything else about the car is genuine the vents, styling etc.

I really hope this isn't true. That's a big turn off otherwise.