Steering Wheel Stripe Question

adsnems

Reaction score
I was hoping if a member could point me in the right direction. I’ve seen the photos of the coloured stripe at the 12 o’clock position on the steering wheel and members mentioning they have specced it on their order.

Where exactly can you select that option as I would like to get it on mine but haven’t seen where you can select it on the configurator? I’ve already put down my second deposit so not sure if I have to now change it directly with Lotus customer service or I can still do it online.

Thanks
Adam

Attachments

• 695BBBD4-2C46-496D-BBB7-BFA4351B5975.jpeg
    695BBBD4-2C46-496D-BBB7-BFA4351B5975.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 134

mr_joshua

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was hoping if a member could point me in the right direction. I’ve seen the photos of the coloured stripe at the 12 o’clock position on the steering wheel and members mentioning they have specced it on their order.

Where exactly can you select that option as I would like to get it on mine but haven’t seen where you can select it on the configurator? I’ve already put down my second deposit so not sure if I have to now change it directly with Lotus customer service or I can still do it online.

Thanks
Adam
This has been a contention on this forum for a while now.. but in short, the stripe is ONLY available on the automatic. If you select manual, you're stuck with either leather or alcantara steering wheels - both all black. A bummer for sure.

OP
adsnems

adsnems

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying! Annoying it’s only offered on the automatics, any logic why that is ?

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
When only 25-35% are automatic, and some may not even want the stripe, I bet we will see a change here.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus had to commit to the supplier on initial quantities before the customer order book opened. They mis-judged level of interest (overall and for the marker), so had to limit it to autos only.

They’d said in October they’d review it with the supplier, but the position hadn’t changed by the time of second deposits. I’ve asked for clarification just before Christmas. I’m guessing it may change for later cars or for the i4 FE.

Fortunately it’s a fairly easy thing to get done by a trimmer after delivery. My dealer has done it for other cars and has quoted £170 for contrast stitching and centre marker.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus had to commit to the supplier on initial quantities before the customer order book opened. They mis-judged level of interest (overall and for the marker), so had to limit it to autos only.

They’d said in October they’d review it with the supplier, but the position hadn’t changed by the time of second deposits. I’ve asked for clarification just before Christmas. I’m guessing it may change for later cars or for the i4 FE.

Fortunately it’s a fairly easy thing to get done by a trimmer after delivery. My dealer has done it for other cars and has quoted £170 for contrast stitching and centre marker.
Nothing to add to that, other than crossed fingers that they are able to expand this offering. Perhaps for the I4 FEs? Certainly for a bespoke configuration.