• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Steering Wheel Options - Color center line for only Automatics?

Crafte

Reaction score
Recently put in an order and I'm sure like most of you guys, spent/spending hours in the configurator. I noticed that if you choose an automatic ( getting a manual), there are more steering wheel options. I wanted a manual with a colored centered line. Any reason that is not an option on the manual?

I saw another post from @falconexe ("Steering wheel option update") stating that the manual is only going to have black leather or alcantara. I was just curious on any thoughts on the logic behind that.

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The steering wheels come from different suppliers. Even though the manual is significantly outselling the automatic, this trend will reverse once the I4 comes online. The manual is the "limited edition" here so they have decided on just two plain black leather or Alcantara designs, perhaps for more streamlined production to eliminate delays.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The V6 Auto and i4 DCT steering wheels have paddles for the shifters, which is the main reason why they are from a different supplier than the wheel for the V6 Manual without paddles.

Lotus locked in to a contract for the manual wheels before knowing the full extent of demand for the manual and weren't able to change the contract once deposits started coming in. I guess we might see more options offered when the Base V6 options are launched.

My local Lotus dealer has said their trimmer can add the TDC marker and contrast stitching for about £300, which is less than the cost option on the Auto/DCT wheels.