Southern California?

Ro_Ja Boy

Reaction score
Posted in the US delivery thread, but posting here in case it helps someone.

Have a line on a Seneca non-black pack FE 1.0 car at $5k over 1.0 msrp. If anyone is interested I would connect with the orderer/owner.

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
They told me at the time of deposit (Dec 2022) that they had about 300 for the 6 cylinder and 60 for the 4 cylinder. I said this another thread, but given how late I deposited, I am assuming that the I4 list has been absolutely destroyed by the price hikes.
@2BIG2FAIL I saw in your recent post that Galpin has now taken your formal order for the i4 with a projected May 2024 delivery date. I'm a little surprised they have gotten to you already if there were roughly 60 i4 deposits ahead of you. Do you have any idea how many of those dropped out?

2BIG2FAIL

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@2BIG2FAIL I saw in your recent post that Galpin has now taken your formal order for the i4 with a projected May 2024 delivery date. I'm a little surprised they have gotten to you already if there were roughly 60 i4 deposits ahead of you. Do you have any idea how many of those dropped out?

I have not asked. To be clear, the projection is May through September, so I am assuming September through December in actuality. My thesis is two-fold:

1. Some people have dropped out due to wait time.

2. Given that the i4 is the entry level, a higher percentage of the orders will opt for the base version vs. paying extra for the FE.

Your guess is as good as mine, though.

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just received notice from Boardwalk that they may have an i4 FE allocation available for me. I assume this is dependent on how many people ahead of me in their i4 waitlist choose to cancel, since I was #43 on the list. Any other Boardwalk deposits receive similar word recently, either for the i4 or the V6?

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm in Woodland Hills. Placed deposit for a base Emira V6 on Feb 2022 for MSRP at Boardwalk Lotus. Then got bumped to FE 2.0 for msrp. My order is currently 'locked' and finally submitted Nov 2023. Told by Tom/Kyle should be in production this month or April with expected delivery of May-Aug.

iVTECdailyy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm in Woodland Hills. Placed deposit for a base Emira V6 on Feb 2022 for MSRP at Boardwalk Lotus. Then got bumped to FE 2.0 for msrp. My order is currently 'locked' and finally submitted Nov 2023. Told by Tom/Kyle should be in production this month or April with expected delivery of May-Aug.

Looks like we are in the same time frame. Any reason you didn’t go with Galpin?

I managed to get a reservation for V6 FE 2.0 6MT. I was able to secure a "pre-ordered" car by the dealer. I am not sure what exactly this means. I am assuming it was an allocation for the dealer to eventually have on the floor and sell from the showroom.

I was promised an April 2024 build date with a June / July delivery. I submitted a deposit and I have a submission / order ID number. Is there any other information that can be provided to me? What are the current build timelines? Is there an order tracking website? I do not have a VIN yet.

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks like we are in the same time frame. Any reason you didn’t go with Galpin?

I managed to get a reservation for V6 FE 2.0 6MT. I was able to secure a "pre-ordered" car by the dealer. I am not sure what exactly this means. I am assuming it was an allocation for the dealer to eventually have on the floor and sell from the showroom.

I was promised an April 2024 build date with a June / July delivery. I submitted a deposit and I have a submission / order ID number. Is there any other information that can be provided to me? What are the current build timelines? Is there an order tracking website? I do not have a VIN yet.
Would love to place deposit with Galpin since they are 15minutes away from me but they just weren't trust worthy during my plethora of phone calls with them and many different answers. At first I was told if I give them deposit it would be MSRP and no markups. Then later they told me they want 20k over to get fe 1.0/2.0. I wasnt worried about it since at least they were giving me the truth ahead of time. Then when asked about it again, I was told that the higher markup I'm willing to pay (basically wanted a bidding war) the higher chance I will get an FE build. That right there did not sit with me well. Even if I settled on a base with no markups with them I just had a feeling that they will most likely put on dealer adjustment during the delivery. Then I would have felt forced to pay it since I waited for so long.

Last week, Tom and Kyle from boardwalk told me Emiras already built inbound to Cali order are still in UK and have yet to be shipped to Baltimore. They should start receiving them mid next month if no further delays. I asked for a Vin# and told my order status is 'locked'. I was told this means my car is being built or close to. They receive an Excel sheet of vin# every week. So they told me to just keep checking and could get a vin# anytime now. Once I get a vin, expect to have it in their dealer in 2-5 months. But hinted me not to be too optimistic and expect it by July or August if I get a vin by this month.

Regarding finance/lease they don't have a good base number yet and to check back when they get their first delivery next month.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Would love to place deposit with Galpin since they are 15minutes away from me but they just weren't trust worthy during my plethora of phone calls with them and many different answers. At first I was told if I give them deposit it would be MSRP and no markups. Then later they told me they want 20k over to get fe 1.0/2.0. I wasnt worried about it since at least they were giving me the truth ahead of time. Then when asked about it again, I was told that the higher markup I'm willing to pay (basically wanted a bidding war) the higher chance I will get an FE build. That right there did not sit with me well. Even if I settled on a base with no markups with them I just had a feeling that they will most likely put on dealer adjustment during the delivery. Then I would have felt forced to pay it since I waited for so long.

Last week, Tom and Kyle from boardwalk told me Emiras already built inbound to Cali order are still in UK and have yet to be shipped to Baltimore. They should start receiving them mid next month if no further delays. I asked for a Vin# and told my order status is 'locked'. I was told this means my car is being built or close to. They receive an Excel sheet of vin# every week. So they told me to just keep checking and could get a vin# anytime now. Once I get a vin, expect to have it in their dealer in 2-5 months. But hinted me not to be too optimistic and expect it by July or August if I get a vin by this month.

Regarding finance/lease they don't have a good base number yet and to check back when they get their first delivery next month.
I also had similar experiences and trepidations with Galpin, which is why I deposited and ordered through Eurocar in OC. Just a few days ago I asked and was also told my order status is "locked", but unfortunately with a 3 month build time, not sure if I'm at the start, middle, or end of the build (have asked). I've also been told that VINs are not expected until close to the end of the build. For now, I'm expecting a delivery between June-August, but wishing for and trying to get better granularity on this.

But for those on this forum, I'd specifically like to ask if anyone has experience with PPF installers/paint correction in So Cal (OC preferred) and could share any recommendations.

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had the conversation and said I had no more interest in paying ADM. Reasons, car was suppose to be at time of deposit 1 of 700 not 1 of 1300, was suppose to have vehicle almost a year before others, 2.0's coming at the same time have more color choices though at a higher MSRP, and was also told only 1.0's had ADM not 2.0's or base. The response:

"To my knowledge, and I confirmed this with Lotus, there are NO 2.0's that will be delivered before the manual transmission Launch Editions. Those cars are scheduled to start deliveries several months after yours. We will continue monitoring the vehicles in transit and provide exact ETA's as soon as we are able.

If my information is not accurate and any 2.0's slated for California are delivered before you receive your Emira, we will remove the market adjustment."

We will see what happens as we all know 2.0's are in the US.

Last edited:

Raskits

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I had to conversation and said I had no more interest in paying ADM. Reasons, car was suppose to be at time of deposit 1 of 700 not 1 of 1300, was suppose to have vehicle almost a year before others, 2.0's coming at the same time have more color choices though at a higher MSRP, and was also told only 1.0's had ADM not 2.0's or base. The response:

"To my knowledge, and I confirmed this with Lotus, there are NO 2.0's that will be delivered before the manual transmission Launch Editions. Those cars are scheduled to start deliveries several months after yours. We will continue monitoring the vehicles in transit and provide exact ETA's as soon as we are able.

If my information is not accurate and any 2.0's slated for California are delivered before you receive your Emira, we will remove the market adjustment."

Hmm my dealer said their is really no order when they come in. Which I think makes sense since some people outside Cali are receiving 2.0 with 1.0 delivery. Can't see it differently for Carb states. I think you'll win on this one

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had the conversation and said I had no more interest in paying ADM. Reasons, car was suppose to be at time of deposit 1 of 700 not 1 of 1300, was suppose to have vehicle almost a year before others, 2.0's coming at the same time have more color choices though at a higher MSRP, and was also told only 1.0's had ADM not 2.0's or base. The response:

I'm going to hazard a guess they are referring to the I4 2.0 AMG engine...

Based on the "manual transmission" in this: "there are NO 2.0's that will be delivered before the manual transmission Launch Editions"

OP
B

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Which dealer? Did he say how much the market adjustment was?

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Which dealer? Did he say how much the market adjustment was?
Galpin, $20k which I was OK with back in 2021 for FE 1.0 pricing, but now hearing people getting cars with little wait time, more options, and more FE's than originally announced, has left me lack luster.

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Galpin, $20k which I was OK with back in 2021 for FE 1.0 pricing, but now hearing people getting cars with little wait time, more options, and more FE's than originally announced, has left me lack luster.
Back in Sept 2022 when I was considering which dealer to put my deposit with, Galpin let me know I was too late to the party for an FE and I would be on the list for the base edition. (This was before FE 2.0 was announced). When I didn't place my deposit right away, they contacted me back about a week later and let me know that an FE slot had opened up (magically, I guess), and I could have it for $25k ADM. Left a bad taste in my mouth so I bolted.

iVTECdailyy

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
hearing all of this, I’m hoping I don’t get screwed when my car comes in. Expecting June / July.

OP
B

Balboa

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
How are there not more SoCal people on this board? This baffles me - I would have thought this is biggest market in US??