❔ QUESTION Sourcing power for a dash cam

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So here's a thing that I didn't pay enough attention to when I viewed the car in person... did anyone spot a USB port up near the rear vision mirror / roof light pod, that could be used to power a discreet dash cam?

If there isn't one, I'm not thrilled about the idea of snaking a cable up around the edge of the windscreen myself (it looks ghetto in the wife's family lugger, never mind a swanky sports car) ... but what other option is there? Tap into the power for the overhead lights perhaps? :/

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I haven't seen a port there, but there is an overhead panel in the roof near the top of the windscreen, with lights and associated switches. So there is a power wire in there you could splice into even if there isn't a socket.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So here's a thing that I didn't pay enough attention to when I viewed the car in person... did anyone spot a USB port up near the rear vision mirror / roof light pod, that could be used to power a discreet dash cam?

If there isn't one, I'm not thrilled about the idea of snaking a cable up around the edge of the windscreen myself (it looks ghetto in the wife's family lugger, never mind a swanky sports car) ... but what other option is there? Tap into the power for the overhead lights perhaps? :/
You generally pull the trim and run the wire under. Will need to do that to connect to rear cam anyway.