Small modifications

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A couple of small modifications this week. The steering wheel and gear lever boot are now how I think they should have come from the factory if going for alcantara interior with yellow stitch.

Big thanks to Brad from Hide and Seam (www.hideandseam.com) for his excellent work which I am delighted with. The yellow belts add a great dash of colour to the interior.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 1,072
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 554
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 546
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    247.9 KB · Views: 598
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 586

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent!! Everything looks amazing and I agree this is how it should be from the factory. Nice work. 😎

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A couple of small modifications this week. The steering wheel and gear lever boot are now how I think they should have come from the factory if going for alcantara interior with yellow stitch.

Big thanks to Brad from Hide and Seam (www.hideandseam.com) for his excellent work which I am delighted with. The yellow belts add a great dash of colour to the interior.
Oh hell yes! Especially love the yellow seatbelts! 😍💛

OP
Gizmo750

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry, just realised I posted this in exterior rather than interior! D'oh!

Callabrator

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Looks amazing. I'm assuming Brad pulled all the old thread out and restitched it all?

OP
Gizmo750

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks amazing. I'm assuming Brad pulled all the old thread out and restitched it all?
Nope, the wheel was standard leather when delivered as I didn't want to pay Lotus £400 for alcantara only. So this is a re-cover from leather and add yellow stitching.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nope, the wheel was standard leather when delivered as I didn't want to pay Lotus £400 for alcantara only. So this is a re-cover from leather and add yellow stitching.
Very cool. Too bad you couldn't do a yellow Alcantara TDC marker at the same time! :)

OP
Gizmo750

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very cool. Too bad you couldn't do a yellow Alcantara TDC marker at the same time! :)
It was a conscious decision not to do it. If it didn't line up propoerly with TDC or with teh dash behind then my OCD would have gone into overdrive every time I sat in the car - don't need that jeopardy in my life.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I want to do the belts on mine! Did you manage to get a good colour match from the belts to the stitch?

OP
Gizmo750

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I want to do the belts on mine! Did you manage to get a good colour match from the belts to the stitch?
Yes, it's very close and apparently a Porsche Select colour.

The trimmer refitted them as they were, so can't blame him for that

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yes, it's very close and apparently a Porsche Select colour.

The trimmer refitted them as they were, so can't blame him for that
Awesome, roughly 2 hours drive from me, may have to pay a visit 👀

I think you're absolutely spot on with the interior retrim items. Though I did opt for the alcantara wheel already, did want the contrast yellow option that's auto only though 😔

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
did want the contrast yellow option that's auto only though

I think we all did! It was on the launch demo Emira and all the promo pics after all! You'd think that after a year + of delays they'd be able to rectify the "supplier issue" making contrast stitching impossible on manual transmission steering wheels.

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Amazing work! Thanks for the contact details.. exactly how I want mine too

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

This is so good I wish I could pick up my car there to get stuff done before it's shipped stateside.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Did it cost less than the £400 factory option or about the same?

OP
Gizmo750

Gizmo750

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
About the same I think. Would need to unpick the cost to be sure as the total included the seatbelts and gear stick gaitor too.

Reaction score

i asked the factory last year if there were gonna offer yellow belts, 100% needed imo, they look great mate :)