Shadow Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. Think it looks great in these pics and definitely less blue and more grey
Funny though, that the first picture you sent is the same picture as the below, but look quite different either due to lighting or filters. Personally I much prefer your picture

Attachments

• B8A30B6F-17A0-4061-BFEB-1169D70E3EFD.png
    B8A30B6F-17A0-4061-BFEB-1169D70E3EFD.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 167
G

Guest142

This video is very accurate from what I've seen in person:

Just a stunning car design. It's really amazing when you study it and think about it. Few cars have been able to be designed this well. It's really mind bending. The old, the new, the past, the future, simplicity, the complexity....its pretty crazy what the Emira is.

G

Guest142

I've seen the Shadow Grey demo car in person. That video is quite accurate. It's basically a dark metallic grey with a hint of blue. It's not a purely neutral grey. Outside under the sky it gets bluer.
Thank you for this description. I ordered Shadow Grey and I'm really excited about the hues of blur and the metallic color.

emiralust

Reaction score
Problem with shadow grey is they launched it with those hideous spec temporary alloys. First time I saw it was at goodwood after seeing the full spec blue launch model and it put me off the colour ever since. In all other scenarios it’s a colour i would have chosen. Never understood why they took it round the world and didn’t put decent alloys on it. I’m sure this is one of the main reasons it was ordered in such low quantities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Problem with shadow grey is they launched it with those hideous poverty spec temporary alloys. First time I saw it was at goodwood after seeing the full spec blue launch model and it put me off the colour ever since. In all other scenarios it’s a colour i would have chosen. Never understood why they took it round the world and didn’t put decent alloys on it. I’m sure this is one of the main reasons it was ordered in such low quantities.
I think that's an unkind way to try to make your point, on top of being materially incorrect. I personally prefer the standard wheel they showed on that car to the one that is shipping on the FE.

I have seen that particular demo car in person and I think the reason the color didn't look as great on that car as it does on the production vehicles is that it was hand sprayed, not applied using the fancy new factory paint process. It was probably a different type of paint as well, the metallic and the color travel didn't pop as much on the car the way it does on the production vehicles.

Very much a dynamic prototype level of finish, not a show car. The blue one appeared to be the show car build, and the difference in finish quality really showed that.

Last edited:

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I haven't seen many colors side by side until recently when I visited my dealer and my car. They had my Nimbus Grey, a Seneca Blue, a Hethel Yellow and two Shadow Grey ones. All three of the metallic colors really surprised me and especially Shadow grey looked really great even in a quite dark environment with artificial light. From photos I always thought it to be a very dark and boring color, probably because of the show car as well, but in reality it looked really striking. Everybody that chose it made a very good choice to be honest.

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Problem with shadow grey is they launched it with those hideous poverty spec temporary alloys. First time I saw it was at goodwood after seeing the full spec blue launch model and it put me off the colour ever since. In all other scenarios it’s a colour i would have chosen. Never understood why they took it round the world and didn’t put decent alloys on it. I’m sure this is one of the main reasons it was ordered in such low quantities.
Think it was a fair comment. Not sure what the aggression was for. Think Shadow will be rare and desirable and glad the show car didn’t shine.