Shadow Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks. I'm not pulling any triggers right now but it is an interesting proposition.

Long story short(ish), I was one of the first reservations in my country, but I'm self-employed and out of my top 5 customers (90% of my business) 3 ultimately fell over and 1 downsized for (delayed) pandemic reasons. So I couldn't commit when my call came early last year and fell off the list (still haven't seen my refund, though). I requested to be moved the last batch of V6 FE's and see if I could commit then, but the dealer never got back to me on that and this point has been passed some months ago.

So realistically, if I still want my V6 manual FE, I have to pick it up from the market. Barring Michelins instead of Goodyears that car's spec is one of the specs I was considering (next to Shadow Grey). What makes it extra interesting is because it has crossed the 6-month age mark, I'd be saving another 10K EUR on the local CO2 tax (which is around 55K on this car), and that savings number goes up every month that goes by 1-2K.

However, I'm still not convinced it's actually a good idea:

- Con: It's one of the earlier cars so it'll have more issues

- Con: Demo KMs are probably harder on the car than normal KMs

- Con: If they haven't done a full PPF+ceramic, hasn't the paint already been damaged to the point it no longer makes sense? Can the car even be pristine at this point?

- Con: Will my local dealer be happy to maintain it and provide the same service and warranty as for a car I bought there? Bilbao is several countries over so going there for service is not realistic

- Con: Importing a car is not trivial, but I guess there's people for that

- Pro+Con: Total savings of about 15K, but it still comes down to about 145K (excluding new tires and PPF+ceramic)

- Pro: It's been in the dealer's hands all this time so maybe a lot of the early issues have already been fixed by the dealer

- Pro: Available virtually immediately, I could be enjoying it breaking down every corner by next month!

I'm just rambling at this point. Any thoughts are welcome though, I personally have no experience with any of this.
Unfortunately, I won't be in Bilbao until mid June, otherwise I would test it again.
I drove that car in December and January for a few hundred kms, and it was flawless.
The car is in Sports Suspension.
I know the car has been perfectly taken care of, and if you are planning on ppf, paint condition should not be a problem. As far as I remember, it was ok.
If you were interested, PM me and I will call them tomorrow to ask about the conditions.

J_J

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I won't be in Bilbao until mid June, otherwise I would test it again.
I drove that car in December and January for a few hundred kms, and it was flawless.
The car is in Sports Suspension.
I know the car has been perfectly taken care of, and if you are planning on ppf, paint condition should not be a problem. As far as I remember, it was ok.
If you were interested, PM me and I will call them tomorrow to ask about the conditions.

I truly appreciate that, but for the moment I can't commit so it's just thinking out loud. If that changes, I'll definitely PM you.

(apologies for the thread hijack all)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A nice picture of Roland's car "in the wild" from Lotus in the Peak (pic by Barista on MLOC):

Lotus_In_Peak-00899.thumb.jpg.3f7f7c839664f7f6359a26b622e8cc33.jpg

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A nice picture of Roland's car "in the wild" from Lotus in the Peak (pic by Barista on MLOC):

Lotus_In_Peak-00899.thumb.jpg.3f7f7c839664f7f6359a26b622e8cc33.jpg
Thank you, what fantastic weekend, thanks everybody. Certainly able to put the car throughputs paces, certainly not a leisurely drive. Got the heart pumping. So impressed with the car. also great to seee some great like minded people and great set Lotus's. Roland

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is making me rethink my color choices!
In good sunshine, the blue and Silver fleck really lifts the colour further, I'll get some close up when the rain stops and we get a some sun. I love the Shadow grey, hence I am not disappointed at all. My other one the I4 due in the next few months is exactly the same. You might say boring, but it's the least ordered colour even more unique, I have seen the I4 at Goodwood with the Silver LOTUS and grey exhaust tails. in my onion not as good, it also keep people guessing to the make of car

Roland

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After a wash this morning, unfortunately sun no out long enough to show the silver and blue fleece in the Shadow Grey. Taken only with my iPhone.

Roland

Attachments

• IMG_5956.jpeg
    IMG_5956.jpeg
    599.4 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_5967.jpeg
    IMG_5967.jpeg
    512.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_5961.jpeg
    IMG_5961.jpeg
    475.9 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5963.jpeg
    IMG_5963.jpeg
    648.1 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5964.jpeg
    IMG_5964.jpeg
    604.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5965.jpeg
    IMG_5965.jpeg
    592.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5966.jpeg
    IMG_5966.jpeg
    580.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_5960.jpeg
    IMG_5960.jpeg
    596.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5959.jpeg
    IMG_5959.jpeg
    583.8 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5958.jpeg
    IMG_5958.jpeg
    600.3 KB · Views: 163

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
After a wash this morning, unfortunately sun no out long enough to show the silver and blue fleece in the Shadow Grey. Taken only with my iPhone.

Roland
The exact same spec as me.. I too love the metallic blue fleck in the SG. An elegant choice sir!

incrediblybad

Reaction score

Roland
Thanks for this! - mine is arriving in the next 6-8 weeks, and I think we have exactly matching specs. These are very reassuring re: colour choice.

I guess we'll see how Australian sun works out on the metallic 🤣

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for this! - mine is arriving in the next 6-8 weeks, and I think we have exactly matching specs. These are very reassuring re: colour choice.

I guess we'll see how Australian sun works out on the metallic 🤣
I am hoping your in the Sunny parts, you will be so pleased with your choice

Roland

Simon

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A few photos of my Shadow Grey Emira from Hethel collection day a few weeks ago. The colour was a gamble as I'd not seen one in this colour before ordering, but I'm so happy with the choice. In fact, on the factory tour, I only saw a handful of Shadow Grey models in production and I love that it is going to be a rare choice. I think it suits the car really well, especially with full black pack. In the sun, the blue / silver flecks in the paint really shine and give it a n extra depth of colour. It has since had a front PPF and the rest ceramic coated (Max Protect in Kings Langley - 100% recommended, superb job) and it looks somehow even better! If you are making your colour choice and unsure on selecting Shadow Grey, don't worry, it looks great (in my humble opinion!)

Lot2.jpg
Lot1.jpg
Lot3.jpg
Lot4.jpg
Lot5.jpg

Roland

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A few photos of my Shadow Grey Emira from Hethel collection day a few weeks ago. The colour was a gamble as I'd not seen one in this colour before ordering, but I'm so happy with the choice. In fact, on the factory tour, I only saw a handful of Shadow Grey models in production and I love that it is going to be a rare choice. I think it suits the car really well, especially with full black pack. In the sun, the blue / silver flecks in the paint really shine and give it a n extra depth of colour. It has since had a front PPF and the rest ceramic coated (Max Protect in Kings Langley - 100% recommended, superb job) and it looks somehow even better! If you are making your colour choice and unsure on selecting Shadow Grey, don't worry, it looks great (in my humble opinion!)

View attachment 31914View attachment 31913View attachment 31915View attachment 31916View attachment 31917
Looks amazing, you have now joined a club of a select few, The Shadow Grey select.

My only external difference is I went with the Red Callipers

Roland

ino

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just got mine, and back home now.
The colour looks amazing even not under the sun.
I was looking to wrap her in white or something, but SG is So Good!

Attachments

• IMG_3714.jpeg
    IMG_3714.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited: