Shadow Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Recently decided to take a closer look at Shadow Grey and instantly fell in love with it. Have changed my color choice to it from previously Magma Red. Always wanted the tan interior, but didn't care for it with Magma, so now I have the color combo that best suits my eye. I read all of the posts on this thread to get an idea of what others had to say, and I feel pretty satisfied with my new choice.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Recently decided to take a closer look at Shadow Grey and instantly fell in love with it. Have changed my color choice to it from previously Magma Red. Always wanted the tan interior, but didn't care for it with Magma, so now I have the color combo that best suits my eye. I read all of the posts on this thread to get an idea of what others had to say, and I feel pretty satisfied with my new choice.
Good on you - I love it too. Even after seeing all the newly released colours, the only colour that I would consider other than Shadow Grey is Osmium Silver. Harry's recent video was spot on - most of the skittles colours just won't date well. Shadow will remain a long time classic, just like a good silver will.

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good on you - I love it too. Even after seeing all the newly released colours, the only colour that I would consider other than Shadow Grey is Osmium Silver. Harry's recent video was spot on - most of the skittles colours just won't date well. Shadow will remain a long time classic, just like a good silver will.
I agree with you. Although I liked Magma, I was always a little concerned it might be a bit too much of a in-your-face color. Shadow comes across as a more classic, elegant look. Of course, most any color is attractive when draped seductively on an Emiraā€™s body šŸ˜ (weā€™re still talking cars here, right?).

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Winner!! I hope you will share photos once you get the caršŸ˜
With a wait of a couple years anticipated, this photo with my cheeky ā€œFerrari wannabeā€ plate will have to do for now.
1682927730229.jpeg

Last edited:

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I'm curious as to who ended up choosing Shadow Grey and what is your reasoning?

Even though it appears to be the least loved colour based on all the comments and polls I've seen to date, I suspect it may age quite well. Dpending upon wheel and interior choice it may actually end up looking quite nice for those who like dark cars.
I have gone for shadow grey. I like the new colours a lot but as I am locked for production it will delay my car even more if I change now. I did a track day at Hethel and got to see virtually all colour combinations. Something striking about the dark grey is how different it looks depending on which wheels you have. Silver wheels (mine) make it look darker than black or diamond cut wheels which I think bring out the blue a bit more. It was raining and we had to look really hard to tell the difference between the shadow grey and dark verdant cars.

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
I agree with you. Although I liked Magma, I was always a little concerned it might be a bit too much of a in-your-face color. Shadow comes across as a more classic, elegant look. Of course, most any color is attractive when draped seductively on an Emiraā€™s body šŸ˜ (weā€™re still talking cars here, right?).
I was going to have red because that was the colour of the esprit on my bedroom wall as a kid. But its just not right. The red the Electra comes in is awesome (saw it at Hethel) and I suspect the new vivid red will be perfect.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here is your Shadow compared to your Magma on overcast.

Forget about my Nimbus šŸ¤£

IMG_5554.jpeg

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here is your Shadow compared to your Magma on overcast.

Forget about my Nimbus šŸ¤£

View attachment 25997
Thanks for sharing. Personally Iā€™m not a fan of the black wheels on the Magma or Shadow. BTW, Iā€™m trying to remember if you got the the tan interior on your Nimbus. If so, how is the leather holding up so far?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for sharing. Personally Iā€™m not a fan of the black wheels on the Magma or Shadow. BTW, Iā€™m trying to remember if you got the the tan interior on your Nimbus. If so, how is the leather holding up so far?
Nope, I got alcantara, very happy with it. 2.800 kms, like the first day.

I agree, Shadow looks great with silver wheels and tan interior, or even red interior

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Shadow with silver and red calipers
One more of Shadow and Magma
IMG_4807.jpeg
IMG_4806.jpeg
IMG_4854.jpeg

Drlonline

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To quote the Mandolorian, ā€œShadow Grey is the wayā€. šŸ‘

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Bilbao-Emira do you work at that dealer? The Magma is up for sale on AutoScout24, is it not?
Definitely not, IĀ“m a long time customer from their Land Rover dealership.
I just checked in Autoscout as you said, and that car for sale is the Dealer Demo, the first one that came to Spain in November last year.
The price is around 3.000 Euros less than the original FE 1.0, which makes totally sense to me given it's the demo with 3.000 kms +
They have a second Dealer car in Shadow Grey, Auto transmission, which came last month. I am guessing this later will become Demo once they sell the Magma.

J_J

Reaction score
Definitely not, IĀ“m a long time customer from their Land Rover dealership.
I just checked in Autoscout as you said, and that car for sale is the Dealer Demo, the first one that came to Spain in November last year.
The price is around 3.000 Euros less than the original FE 1.0, which makes totally sense to me given it's the demo with 3.000 kms +
They have a second Dealer car in Shadow Grey, Auto transmission, which came last month. I am guessing this later will become Demo once they sell the Magma.
Thanks. I'm not pulling any triggers right now but it is an interesting proposition.

Long story short(ish), I was one of the first reservations in my country, but I'm self-employed and out of my top 5 customers (90% of my business) 3 ultimately fell over and 1 downsized for (delayed) pandemic reasons. So I couldn't commit when my call came early last year and fell off the list (still haven't seen my refund, though). I requested to be moved the last batch of V6 FE's and see if I could commit then, but the dealer never got back to me on that and this point has been passed some months ago.

So realistically, if I still want my V6 manual FE, I have to pick it up from the market. Barring Michelins instead of Goodyears that car's spec is one of the specs I was considering (next to Shadow Grey). What makes it extra interesting is because it has crossed the 6-month age mark, I'd be saving another 10K EUR on the local CO2 tax (which is around 55K on this car), and that savings number goes up every month that goes by 1-2K.

However, I'm still not convinced it's actually a good idea:

- Con: It's one of the earlier cars so it'll have more issues

- Con: Demo KMs are probably harder on the car than normal KMs

- Con: If they haven't done a full PPF+ceramic, hasn't the paint already been damaged to the point it no longer makes sense? Can the car even be pristine at this point?

- Con: Will my local dealer be happy to maintain it and provide the same service and warranty as for a car I bought there? Bilbao is several countries over so going there for service is not realistic

- Con: Importing a car is not trivial, but I guess there's people for that

- Pro+Con: Total savings of about 15K, but it still comes down to about 145K (excluding new tires and PPF+ceramic)

- Pro: It's been in the dealer's hands all this time so maybe a lot of the early issues have already been fixed by the dealer

- Pro: Available virtually immediately, I could be enjoying it breaking down every corner by next month!

I'm just rambling at this point. Any thoughts are welcome though, I personally have no experience with any of this.