Seneca Blue FE in natural outside conditions

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
Evening All
Been meaning to post these shots since visiting Goodwood in Sept. These pictures give you a very good indication of what the car looks like in natural sunlight.
For those that have only seen the car in the showroom, its a totally different experience when you see it in open air. Its absolutely stunning, i cant tell you how pleased i was in ordering one within an hr of the official launch. This coming from someone who doesnt care much for Lotus cars, Espirt aside and never owned one previously

IMG_9798.jpg
IMG_9799.jpg
IMG_9802.jpg
IMG_9804.jpg
IMG_9807.jpg

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Evening All
Been meaning to post these shots since visiting Goodwood in Sept. These pictures give you a very good indication of what the car looks like in natural sunlight.
For those that have only seen the car in the showroom, its a totally different experience when you see it in open air. Its absolutely stunning, i cant tell you how pleased i was in ordering one within an hr of the official launch. This coming from someone who doesnt care much for Lotus cars, Espirt aside and never owned one previously

View attachment 2433View attachment 2434View attachment 2435View attachment 2436View attachment 2437
Thanks for posting these pics.
The car does look much different outside compared to the pics in the showroom with strong lighting.
Zooming in I was able to locate the backup camera.
Now I have the very long wait.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
That picture looks pretty flat / non-metallic. I was hoping the blue would not have much metallic flake - would you agree having seen it? I know the camera doesn't always capture all the details.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Here are some inside showroom shots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211231-113720_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211231-113720_YouTube.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_20211231-113624_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211231-113624_YouTube.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_20211231-113218_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211231-113218_YouTube.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Screenshot_20211231-114029_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211231-114029_YouTube.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 208

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Evening All

View attachment 2433View attachment 2434View attachment 2435View attachment 2436View attachment 2437
If this is an HDR photo, the colors look over-saturated and the shadows are too dark. Also, I don't appreciate your avatar of Donald Trump with the pig's nose. That sort of thing doesn't belong in this forum in my opinion.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
If this is an HDR photo, the colors look over-saturated and the shadows are too dark. Also, I don't appreciate your avatar of Donald Trump with the pig's nose. That sort of thing doesn't belong in this forum in my opinion.
To be honest with you I never even noticed the pig nose, but I really have to agree with you that's uncalled for.
You know if I chose to, I could really do a number on that wretched queen of England.
Probably best to leave politics out of this forum, including HDR pics.

• Sad
Reactions: DJS

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Agree with you- don’t appreciate the photo. This is a car forum, keep your political opinion OUT. We have a lot in common- our love of cars, driving, and the lovely memories that those things evoke. Don’t make this like every other forum.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not that I want to get involved but you posted this before.
The reality of what's going on in the world right now is frustrating for a good many people, of all nations, not just in the U.S. There seems to be a global insanity taking hold everywhere, not just in the political class but in almost any position of power in any institution. The disconnect from any kind of sensible reality is all very bizarre, and would be inexplicable if it were not for the fact that we've had about a 2,000 year advance notice of all this, including a one-world government, one-world monetary system, and even global "warming". There's no way anyone that far back could guess at our world and be as accurate as he is, so he wasn't hallucinating; he simply wrote down what he saw, as incredible as it seems. The Book of Revelation was a very strange read not all that long ago. I've known about it for over 50 years, but I never thought I'd see it, or anything even close to it in my lifetime. Yet unbelievably, it's all forming up right before our eyes. I have such mixed feelings about it all. I know how it winds up, and yet it all just seems terribly sad to me that even with that much advance notice, we're going to do it anyways. I was hoping it wouldn't happen in my lifetime, but now I'm not so sure. I just pray a lot and vote for the best choices we're presented with, even if they're not what I would like to have.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Not that I want to get involved but you posted this before.
The reality of what's going on in the world right now is frustrating for a good many people, of all nations, not just in the U.S. There seems to be a global insanity taking hold everywhere, not just in the political class but in almost any position of power in any institution. The disconnect from any kind of sensible reality is all very bizarre, and would be inexplicable if it were not for the fact that we've had about a 2,000 year advance notice of all this, including a one-world government, one-world monetary system, and even global "warming". There's no way anyone that far back could guess at our world and be as accurate as he is, so he wasn't hallucinating; he simply wrote down what he saw, as incredible as it seems. The Book of Revelation was a very strange read not all that long ago. I've known about it for over 50 years, but I never thought I'd see it, or anything even close to it in my lifetime. Yet unbelievably, it's all forming up right before our eyes. I have such mixed feelings about it all. I know how it winds up, and yet it all just seems terribly sad to me that even with that much advance notice, we're going to do it anyways. I was hoping it wouldn't happen in my lifetime, but now I'm not so sure. I just pray a lot and vote for the best choices we're presented with, even if they're not what I would like to have.
There was nothing in my post that showed a picture of someone defaced and degraded, and that was a one-time comment, not an ongoing avatar image.

OP
S

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
To be honest with you I never even noticed the pig nose, but I really have to agree with you that's uncalled for.
You know if I chose to, I could really do a number on that wretched queen of England.
Probably best to leave politics out of this forum, including HDR pics.
Im sorry if this has offended some of you, particularly our American friends, that really was not the intention. Its not a political statement, its sattire, supposed to be a bit of fun. I think the problem in the world today is people cant say or do anything, however benign without everyone jumping all over them with a completely wrong interpretation or critique.

OP
S

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
That picture looks pretty flat / non-metallic. I was hoping the blue would not have much metallic flake - would you agree having seen it? I know the camera doesn't always capture all the details.
Yes you can really see the metallic flakes in the sunlight, very prevalent. I do have some more outside photos from the day, happy to post them at some point if you wish

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Im sorry if this has offended some of you, particularly our American friends, that really was not the intention. Its not a political statement, its sattire, supposed to be a bit of fun. I think the problem in the world today is people cant say or do anything, however benign without everyone jumping all over them with a completely wrong interpretation or critique.
I agree with you. Though I am a conservative and voted for Trump both times (didn't necessarily agree with everything he did), I feel like being offended by someone's picture of a guy we don't even know (President or not) from a person we don't know, is a bit hypocritical just like the left's reaction to "Let's Go Brandon."

Let's show everyone we can take a joke or even an insult without being deeply offended by absolute strangers. I usually stay out of politics, but this world has just become unbelievable.

Reactions: DJW

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I don’t want ANY politics - my goodness I can’t go ANYWHERE today without fighting and arguing and politicians (and “celebrities” or GAG “influencers”) thinking that I should give a rat’s ass what they say. I want to come here and think about CARS and not have the same absurd conflict that has seeped into every bit of life.

I don’t care about your politics, but “don’t ask, don’t tell” seems appropriate.

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Let’s all agree to disagree and let this thread go back to being about that BLUE FE!

Reactions: Daz

Pete

Reaction score
Yes you can really see the metallic flakes in the sunlight, very prevalent. I do have some more outside photos from the day, happy to post them at some point if you wish
For sure, let’s see them please. The blue looks far better in these sunny outdoor shots than it did when I saw it in person under lights. The natural lights show off the curves far better and give a ‘liquid’ quality to the paint if that makes any sense. Also looks a little darker too which is a good thing. This may just be the camera but could also be the difference between white artificial light and yellow sunlight.

OP
S

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
I agree with you. Though I am a conservative and voted for Trump both times (didn't necessarily agree with everything he did), I feel like being offended by someone's picture of a guy we don't even know (President or not) from a person we don't know, is a bit hypocritical just like the left's reaction to "Let's Go Brandon."

Let's show everyone we can take a joke or even an insult without being deeply offended by absolute strangers. I usually stay out of politics, but this world has just become unbelievable.
thank you, my goodness some sanity and normality at last.....

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

It's not about being "deeply offended". I'm not. I just found it tasteless and classless; not an image I would associate with a Lotus, especially one as beautiful as the Emira. To say he didn't intend to offend anyone is very disingenuous; it was clearly intended to offend Donald Trump. I just saw it as unnecessary, especially in a forum such as this, and it has nothing to do with Seneca Blue.