Seen 2 cars on the road Saturday alone

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One of the press cars, in Stourbridge. Anyone recognise the driver?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No?

But that’s a really good shot of the privacy glass if anyone hasn’t t see it.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I agree, I don't think that's got privacy glass. From behind you can see through the rear screen and windscreen to the sky.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I don't think that's got privacy glass. From behind you can see through the rear screen and windscreen to the sky.
I have to say I didnt even realise the privacy glass covered the back window and hence the engine, otherwise I would probably not have gone for it, but well, Im at the point now that I would almost accept the car if it didnt even have glass in the windows, never mind privacy glass. And in any case, it looks a bit more stealthy and less shouty or more shouty, with the rapper glass added....

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
From what I have seen in the factory to this video it looks like a 20% tint to me.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The configurator is pretty accurate on the level of tint. See my comparison here:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
From this screenshot you can see through the rear screen and side window to the grey car coming the other way:

Stourbridge screenshot re privacy glass 1.JPG

And in this shot you can see a small part of the driver's white shirt through the rear three quarter window:

Stourbridge screenshot re privacy glass 2.JPG

They both look untinted to me.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
You can still see through the tint, even on the configurator, anyway I guess we will never know just adds to the mystery.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You can still see through the tint, even on the configurator, anyway I guess we will never know just adds to the mystery.
There is a large amount of black in the quarter light behind the glass from the B pillar, that makes privacy glass tricky to spot (this is not a privacy equipped car). It will be more noticeable on the engine lid. Worth having IMO as the engine isn't exactly a jewel to behold and would still be visible with PG.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
There is a large amount of black in the quarter light behind the glass from the B pillar, that makes privacy glass tricky to spot (this is not a privacy equipped car). It will be more noticeable on the engine lid. Worth having IMO as the engine isn't exactly a jewel to behold and would still be visible with PG.
I have privacy glass for that reason. The engine is just a box so nothing to get excited about. If it was a beautiful Ferrari or Alfa engine I’d care more about seeing it 🙂

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I wonder if they will do a carbon slats version in lieu of glass at some point..

I think seeing the engine through the glass will be AMAZING! Again, confirming its supercar looks.
The silver LOTUS lettering will pop out against the black and you can see that valve bit on the V6.

i4... yeah, less impressive viewing.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
….which is why they’re putting an engine cover over it, to hide all the heatshield foil and the turbo snail.