• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Second deposit paid.....

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
After many hours on the configurator and lots of changing of my mind I have now paid my second deposit and placed my order......

V6 Manual
Touring
Magma Red
Black Pack
Diamond Cut Wheels
Yellow Brake Calipers
Black Alcantara with Yellow Stitching
Leather steering wheel

And intend to change the lotus logo on the wheels to a black alternative

Super excited.........

Last edited:

Exige2000

Reaction score
After many hours on the configurator and lots of changing of my mind I have now paid my second deposit and placed my order......

V6 Manual
Touring
Magma Red
Black Pack
Diamond Cut Wheels
Yellow Brake Calipers
Black Alcantara with Yellow Stitching
Leather steering wheel

And intend to change the lotus logo on the wheels to a black alternative

Super excited.........
I have just paid second deposit , thanks to everyone who has posted information on this site .

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I've also been spending time considering options and combinations, looking at numerous pictures of Elise, Exige and Evora in similar specifications. I've been thinking about my use as a weekend car rather than a daily driver, spirited A- and B-road driving and driving-based road trips. Maybe 1-2 track days per year to explore the car's handling rather than to race. Plus considering this is probably a "keeper" as a last petrol Lotus, alongside my much more raw S1 Exige. I want to highlight the shape and the design elements. And I ignored my wife's comments about yellow being a mid-life crisis colour :)

So I've submitted my configuration and paid the second deposit:
V6 manual
Touring suspension
Hethel Yellow
Black Pack
Diamond cut wheels
Black calipers
Black leather interior and steering wheel

I'll be replacing the nose and wheel badges with the black/silver ones and probably painting the calipers Hethel Yellow but will see what it looks like in the metal first.

Excited to take delivery of this in May next year and (hopefully) see it being built at Hethel before then.

TE spec 2021-10-30 front three quarter.JPG

Now I can stop messing about with the configurator ... at least until time for third deposit!

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes £3k this time in the UK then we're expecting the third/final deposit (= order commitment) to be taking the total deposit to 10% of order value, payable probably Dec or Jan.

DrNio13

Reaction score
Yes £3k this time in the UK then we're expecting the third/final deposit (= order commitment) to be taking the total deposit to 10% of order value, payable probably Dec or Jan.
How does it work with the deposits if the interest is on the AMG i4?

SteveB

Reaction score
After viewing at Hethel yesterday have now paid my second deposit on an Emira! Stayed with my original choice of V6 manual, Verdant Green, full black pack, yellow calipers, black wheels, black alcantara upholstery with yellow stiching. However decided to go with touring suspension and Goodyears as will mostly use on the road. Sports steering geometry very likely to increase tyre wear and Cup tyres not good in the wet. Still concerned verdant green may be too dark but was assured colour choice can be changed at the time of next deposit/commitment to build. As I made the first deposit in September I was told it is unlikely my car will be built until 2023 by which time new colours may be available.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
How does it work with the deposits if the interest is on the AMG i4?
If you’re not going for V6 FE then you’re rolled in to the next round of decisions (i4 FE versus own spec) and just keep your £2k deposit in play, no second deposit required. Next round likely to be Jan 2022. This is for UK deposits.

torstin

Reaction score
I’m grateful to this forum otherwise I wouldn’t have known a second deposit was due until the phone call.
No mention of a third there either.
But look forward to that and finalising the build (so I can stop changing my mind).

Exige2000

Reaction score
This forum has been my main source of information thanks to all for there comments , what are the chances do we think of a factory visit next year ?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I asked about that before the dealer roadshows started and was told it was being considered.

Early deposit holders for the Evora Launch Edition were invited to Hethel to meet some of the project team and see production preparations.

Lotus are also suggesting you'll be able to pick up your car from the factory rather than a dealer.

Daz

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I asked about that before the dealer roadshows started and was told it was being considered.

Early deposit holders for the Evora Launch Edition were invited to Hethel to meet some of the project team and see production preparations.

Lotus are also suggesting you'll be able to pick up your car from the factory rather than a dealer.
I live several hours from Hethel but I would like to collect from the factory as the drive home would be fun