Seatbelt recall

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Recently had the seatbelt recall and airbag tether recall. Wipers motors still on order after Lotus sent the wrong batch so waiting again.

Since getting the seatbelt and airbag tethers done, there are a few creaks when driving on bumpy roads (none previously). Creaks coming from the passenger side dash and passenger seats. I found a seatbelt cover plastic trim fallen off and an interior plastic piece in my cup holder when I picked it up.

So if dealers are watching. These cars are our pride and joy. It comes in for some warranty work and we expect some sort of professionalism that the car comes back perfect. Yes perfect.

Today, I looked underneath both seats and the wire clips wasn’t pushed back and loose. The seat plastic trim panel towards the back of the seats was loose on both sides. I had to clip them back in myself and re clipped the wiring back in. It’s never ending going back and forth to the dealers. Lotus need to train the technicians properly for warranty work including quality checks before giving it back to the customer. #getitrightfirsttime

Some thing to watch out for. Not the end of the world but so annoying.

Peeltone

Reaction score
Recently had the seatbelt recall and airbag tether recall. Wipers motors still on order after Lotus sent the wrong batch so waiting again.

Since getting the seatbelt and airbag tethers done, there are a few creaks when driving on bumpy roads (none previously). Creaks coming from the passenger side dash and passenger seats. I found a seatbelt cover plastic trim fallen off and an interior plastic piece in my cup holder when I picked it up.

So if dealers are watching. These cars are our pride and joy. It comes in for some warranty work and we expect some sort of professionalism that the car comes back perfect. Yes perfect.

Today, I looked underneath both seats and the wire clips wasn’t pushed back and loose. The seat plastic trim panel towards the back of the seats was loose on both sides. I had to clip them back in myself and re clipped the wiring back in. It’s never ending going back and forth to the dealers. Lotus need to train the technicians properly for warranty work including quality checks before giving it back to the customer. #getitrightfirsttime

Ridiculous what dealer was it?

GAVLA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Appreciate the heads up! My recall is booked for August 9th at Caffyn's MG & Lotus in Ashford, Kent. I will make sure to check it over properly before heading back!

RO62GER

Reaction score
My Emira is at Oakmear Motors in Northwich for a new power steering pump and the recalls, should I be worried?

OP
W

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Emira is at Oakmear Motors in Northwich for a new power steering pump and the recalls, should I be worried?
No because I’ve fed it back to them so hopefully it should be OK for future customers.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Things like this shows a lack of pride in the job.

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There is nothing I fear more (car-wise) than taking one of my cars and having to let a dealer touch it.
Only time I felt good after about it was warranty work on Porsche once...but still nervous.

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There is nothing I fear more (car-wise) than taking one of my cars and having to let a dealer touch it.
Only time I felt good after about it was warranty work on Porsche once...but still nervous.
The Emira isn’t for you then