Recall letter in the post today (seatbelt jamming)

James DG

Reaction score
Hi All

I imagine a few others have also received a non-safety recall notice to fix the seatbelt issue. Mine came in the post today with instructions to book in with my dealer when convenient.

Mine needs to go in anyway for a persistent, but it appears erroneous, warning light.

Aside from that, no problems in the first month or so of ownership. Loving it!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I understand the recall is for early cars built in 2022 where the belt mechanism will lock on a decline. Most (if not all) 2023 built cars are unaffected.

Hell4Leather

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I understand the recall is for early cars built in 2022 where the belt mechanism will lock on a decline. Most (if not all) 2023 built cars are unaffected.
So is this the infamous “seatbelt” issue we saw in the early posts? I thought that was about them being backwards or twisted.

duff

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All

I imagine a few others have also received a non-safety recall notice to fix the seatbelt issue. Mine came in the post today with instructions to book in with my dealer when convenient.

Mine needs to go in anyway for a persistent, but it appears erroneous, warning light.

Aside from that, no problems in the first month or so of ownership. Loving it!
I have received the same, although my Emira, which has already had 3 sets of belts due to this issue, is now long gone.

All cars built 31/05/22 - 06/12/22 are recalled according to my letter

So is this the infamous “seatbelt” issue we saw in the early posts? I thought that was about them being backwards or twisted.
This is the issue raised in early posts which has nothing to do with belts being twisted (or not).

The locking mechanism kicks in and the belt will not extend. Thus at best it locks around you and you can't move in your seat or lean forward at junctions to see, and at worst means you cannot extend the belt to apply it - which I'd suggest does not meet the 'operates as it should' statement in the recall letter.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have received the same, although my Emira, which has already had 3 sets of belts due to this issue, is now long gone.

All cars built 31/05/22 - 06/12/22 are recalled according to my letter

This is the issue raised in early posts which has nothing to do with belts being twisted (or not).

The locking mechanism kicks in and the belt will not extend. Thus at best it locks around you and you can't move in your seat or lean forward at junctions to see, and at worst means you cannot extend the belt to apply it - which I'd suggest does not meet the 'operates as it should' statement in the recall letter.
.....or try to make the wipers work

Peeltone

Reaction score
I haven’t got a letter -2023 car and my belts seem normal like any other car I’ve had.

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have not noticed any twisting on my 2022 car however, I do have an issue when on a slight downhill slope. Every time when I pull up at a particular slight downhill on the school run, I can't lean forward to see out the junction. I am able to manually pull the belt by hand though to be able to lean forward!

I got the letter too - it will get done next week when it's in for a new front bumper and bonnet repairs after one of my neighbours reversed into my parked car with their 4x4.....

Mh59

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Update on the above. I stopped on a slightly steeper hill, facing downhill today. I was stuck in my seat as the belt would not give! My passenger was unable to put their seatbelt on until we got to level ground!

Glad it’s getting fixed. A minor issue but a frustrating one when you are pinned in your seat!

I guess the pendulum is way too sensitive and locks the belt when it’s not necessary. Better that than the other way around though I suppose.