Ride height

dgrace

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Back to ride height: the British GT safety car looks perfect. Please Lotus just make the production cars like this.

1653775934537.png

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Must admit, my concern is that I’ll attract far too much attention in the car. I’m buying it for the art and engineering, not to pose. But in tiny Tassie it’s going to turn a lot of heads.

@Eagle7, I’ve seen you cop a bit of flak on the forums in the past weeks. Just want to voice my appreciation for your participation, and all the help you gave with your 3D renders early on. You’re a fantastic asset to the group.

Last edited:

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Must admit, my concern is that I’ll attract far too much attention in the car. I’m buying it for the art and engineering, not to pose. But in tiny Tassie it’s going to turn a lot of heads.

@Eagle7, I’ve seen you cop a bit of flak on the forums in the past weeks. Just want to voice my appreciation for your participation, and all the help you gave with your 3D renders early on. You’re a fantastic asset to the group.
I’ve wondered about a yellow exotic looking sports car in the Bay Area. We do have a lot of wealth here so it’s nothing too crazy. As long as we don’t drive like an ass, attention from cops will be low. Attention from others, however, well…we can’t control it.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I think there's only two Emiras going to Tassie?

switchlanez

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Since the Elise started selling stateside around 2005 I remember seeing only 4 Lotuses on the road in the last 17 years: a silver Exige around my high school in San Diego, a black Elise (driven by an Asian lady who reminded me of the Black Widow Jeanette Lee from billiards) parked where I worked (Cisco) in San Jose, a gray Elise in our local Kansas City car community, and an orange Evora back in San Diego. Most of those years were in SoCal where current median home prices are at or near $1M and supercars/exotics aren't super special.

Mainstream people think it's just another typical supercar, not realizing it's different and rarer. Then a big subset of them are "normie" car enthusiasts aka magazine racers who know it's rare but think it's unworthy of the big leagues yet too overhyped/overpriced for a sports car. Then there's the more nuanced subset who understand the brilliance behind Lotus. What the AE86, Miata, MR2, RX-7, S2000, BRZ/GR86, and 1st gen NSX all set out to achieve (which receive high praise as balanced sports cars) is epitomized by Lotus probably at the highest level. Ironically, those Japanese sports cars were directly or indirectly inspired by Lotuses and British roadsters of past decades.

I gravitate toward things people underestimate or place less value in than they deserve. That stark contrast in treatment just amplifies the value in my eyes like a treasure map where nobody sees the big red circle and "X" marking the spot except me (bitcoin is another example). I fixate on diamonds in the rough. You could say I'm a contrarian but not for the sake of being one. There's a thrill in holding unpopular conviction in a car that lacks but deserves widespread recognition. Admittedly, ego is at play--not to seek validation from others--but to live out your personal conviction while riding through all the spite from others.

This goes back to the slogan which lost many people reading into it too literally rather than figuratively: "Not just another sports car. The other." Should instantly make sense for those sigma personality types.

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

We're all adults here, so it's not surprising that there might be a bit of verbal rough and tumble every now and then, but honestly this is one of the better forums out there. It's going to be great to see the conversation once people start getting their cars.