Ride Height..... hence wheel gap....official answer

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Mine, touring looks nothing like those gaps šŸ˜„ that photography is very mis leading (unintentionally I know)

This is my touring as sat on the drive right View attachment 25328now after 900mls. Not porsche GT ride height but Perfectly acceptable looking ride height imo, doesn't look odd to me šŸ¤·šŸ»
Yes, yes it does

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Mine, touring looks nothing like those gaps šŸ˜„ that photography is very mis leading (unintentionally I know)

This is my touring as sat on the drive right View attachment 25328now after 900mls. Not porsche GT ride height but Perfectly acceptable looking ride height imo, doesn't look odd to me šŸ¤·šŸ»
She looks great!

This is what the Emiras look like to me irl, representative angle etc. You can zoom into the gap and distort it to accent the gap in any photo, but it's just not what it looks like in person. Proportions and stance look just right.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Like this?

View attachment 25030
From my Evora when I fitted the BOE lowering cups.

My sport option Emira has the front on the middle groove.
Rear is hard to tell as the spring obscures the cup but I think itā€™s on the top groove.

View attachment 25031View attachment 25032
How do you move the spring perch cup from one ring position to the other. If the Emira has the same Bilstein, would be awesome to lower just 5mmā€¦.

editedā€¦ā€¦just realize they are snap ringsā€¦ā€¦so it is obviousšŸ™„ ā€¦ā€¦ I had the Emira shocks apart I did not notice those 3 groovesā€¦..did I miss it? I seem to recall it being just one lipā€¦ā€¦

Last edited:

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
How do you move the spring perch cup from one ring position to the other. If the Emira has the same Bilstein, would be awesome to lower just 5mmā€¦.

editedā€¦ā€¦just realize they are snap ringsā€¦ā€¦so it is obviousšŸ™„ ā€¦ā€¦she I had the Emira shocks apart I did not notice those 3 groovesā€¦..did I miss it? I seem to recall it being just one lipā€¦ā€¦
Well, every Lotus Bilstein Iā€™ve seen has grooves, but that doesnā€™t mean they havenā€™t suddenly changedā€¦

When I eventually took my front damper off I found it was already on the lowest groove (sport setup) so no free lowering. šŸ˜¢

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Honestly y'all, these seem more useful for rudimentary corner balancing than for ride height adjustment. I would put it on scales first.

Last edited:

Lotus64

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The sports chassis sits lower than the touring chassis. It's visible when they're parked side by side. I observed this at the dealer with brand new Emiras.

Loosely paraphrasing the dealer, they confirmed the tour / sport springs are seated differently after they lowered a tour suspension for a customer.