Rear Wings

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Having some past involvement in the carbon fiber industry, my view is:

Dry/Wet carbon are not technical terms and are often used loosely to mean different things. It often refers to pre-preg carbon vs laying of resin over fiber through a "wet" process. The former can strictly control the resin % and tend to be lighter. It also costs more because you have to store it in requisite conditions and it expires in a few months. Sometimes, people use these terms loosely to refer to glossy/matt finish. They are totally different things. Carbon out of the modes generally looks like crap. The finish (whether glossy or matt) requires additional steps of polishing and painting.

Attachments

• IMG_20240306_105732(1).jpg
    IMG_20240306_105732(1).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 59

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Can the aerie logo from the front carbon splitter be removed? (Is it a sticker like the others?)

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hmmmm...Remember Colin's motto? Simplify and add lightness. Unless parts made of heavier materials are replaced, all of this double sided tape sticky-on-bits only lightens the buyers wallet and increases the car's drag coefficient. Maybe we should leave the 3m tape "bling" to the honda tuner crowd? But that's just my humble opinion as an aero major. Other milage and tastes might vary.

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can the aerie logo from the front carbon splitter be removed? (Is it a sticker like the others?)

Hopefully it's a sticker. I'll proudly tell everyone where I got parts, but I don't like branding all over.

@Aerie, can you confirm?

marc1adrien

Reaction score
Not a fan of wings myself. I really like the design language of the Emira and to me it looks like a modern Dino...and I've never even heard of someone putting a wing on the Dino.

That said my personal taste tends to the lower-key. Ordered Nimbus in part for this reason. I get the flashier look (HY looks great) but it's just not me. I wonder if there's a correlation to people liking wings and the brighter colours?

Golden Parrot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
it's a sticker and can be easily removed.

tempImageE04nKn.jpg

Just finished installing the JUBU wing. Will take some daytime pics ASAP. Quality is outstanding. Mirror finish and all brackets and hardware in titanium. I may be biased, but I think it makes the car look even better, especially together with the carbon diffuser, side skirts and splitter.

tempImageRV0l6a.jpg

Last edited:

Blackthought_

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 38321

Just finished installing the JUBU wing. Will take some daytime pics ASAP. Quality is outstanding. Mirror finish and all brackets and hardware in titanium. I may be biased, but I think it makes the car look even better, especially together with the carbon diffuser, side skirts and splitter.

View attachment 38326
Sweet!! That wing is super expensive. How was install? Is it worths its price?

Car crazy

Reaction score

View attachment 38321

View attachment 38326
Golden Parrot this is by far the best looking Lotus Emira even better than gt4 !!
Can you email me contacts / prices for wheels and spoilers and maybe close up photos of weave … it’s gloss carbon correct ?

Golden Parrot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Golden Parrot this is by far the best looking Lotus Emira even better than gt4 !!
Can you email me contacts / prices for wheels and spoilers and maybe close up photos of weave … it’s gloss carbon correct ?
Thanks!

The rear wing is the Jubu Performance carbon swan neck wing.
Wheels and aerokit are by AERIE.
All infos and pricing are on their websites.

I have more photos on this instagram account:

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 38321

View attachment 38326
It would be nice to see some more pics of your body kit and wing if you get the chance as I don’t have Instagram.
Are you happy with all your parts?

Golden Parrot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It would be nice to see some more pics of your body kit and wing if you get the chance as I don’t have Instagram.
Are you happy with all your parts?
No complaints, everything fits well. I've got some pics scattered in various threads, I'll post them here again (the diffuser extension fins are missing because I installed them after these pictures - aside from the last pic).

PSY00020 copy-01.jpg
PSY00028 copy-01.jpg

PSY00009.jpg
PSY09997.jpg
PSY00169 copy-01.jpg
1711348438814.jpg
LR (26)-Enhanced-NR.jpg

LR-Enhanced-NR-3.jpg