Rear Wings

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I thought I’d see what other owners views on for fitting rear wings and in particular the following questions:

1. The obvious question, will adding a rear wing ruin the look of a road car? I would only consider if I had already fitted an Aerie body kit (minus the frunk lid).
2. Will it make it handle worse because the suspension wasn’t designed to have it like the GT4?
3. What are the best wings?
4. Will it lower the value of my car?

I’m sure someone other than a wing manufacturer has done this previously so it would be good to hear from someone who has or considering it.

Thanks for any replies.

Nick Sticks

Reaction score
Fitting a rear wing on a car (like the Emira) that will only be driven on the road can really only be for the looks.
If you like the look then do it - it's your car.
I'm not a fan of them personally.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm also not a fan of them, I think they ruin the looks of the car, same with any other body add-ons. But that's just my personal opinion, if you think a wing would enhance your car, go for it.

As to the car's value, I guess it all depends on what the buyer is looking for and what other cars on the market at the time are. If I was looking to buy one on the second hand market and spotted one that was the spec I wanted but had an aftermarket wing etc I'd just pass it by, but then again there may be other buyers for whom it would be a more attractive purchase.

One thing to consider if adding a wing is how is it attached, if you can remove the wing without leaving a trace then it gives options to sell with or without depending on the market at the time.

Golden Parrot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Considering I plan to use my car heavily during track days, I am scheduling various engine, suspension and brake upgrades.

As for the bodywork, I am currently installing the Aerie Carbon bodykit (minus the lip spoiler) and hopefully will soon receive the JUBU swan neck rear wing (JUBU's production times are biblical). I think the main advantage of the JUBU wing is that it doesn't leave any visible marks on the body.

Once that is done I'll post some pics for reference, but obviously it will change the sleek lines of the car to something more aggressive, and I'm fine with that. The adjustable rear wing will give me a further parameter to play with the car's balance so I'm not worried about ruining the original setup.

Last edited:

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The design of the car is so balanced, it’s quick for most body addons to clash and de-modernize the look.

It’s going to be a challenge finding wing options that complement the proportions and lines while being functional.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
im not much of a big wang fan on any car and especially not the Emira.

im usually a huge lip spoiler fan however but even on that im hesitant. the Emira already looks so damn gorgeous and has that slight tilt on the backend already. im still keeping my eyes out on my options. the current lip spoiler options are all too big for me still

Last edited:

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I love the lines of the Emira sans wing... But, I do believe, with the 'right' wing, it could look more aggressive. Just not sure I have seen the 'right' one yet. Would love to see a few options actually fitted and being driven about before making up my own mind!

OP
Speedy Emira

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great replies everyone and this is exactly why I started the thread.

I’m really interested to find out if handling is trashed by adding wings. I have no could the suspension could be altered to get the best from a rear wing but I’d have no idea of where to start with that.

Joshbr32

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Bilbao-Emira @Time2Fly I was considering buying some of Aerie's CF like the side skirts and rear diffuser but it looks like they etch their logo in to CF? When y'all get your ducktails can you lmk if its there as well or if its just on their show model? Not the biggest fan of any logo other than L O T U S

Golden Parrot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@Bilbao-Emira @Time2Fly I was considering buying some of Aerie's CF like the side skirts and rear diffuser but it looks like they etch their logo in to CF? When y'all get your ducktails can you lmk if its there as well or if its just on their show model? Not the biggest fan of any logo other than L O T U S
It's a sticker that can be easily removed. I had mine removed while it was being installed.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-02-11 at 17.50.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-11 at 17.50.34.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 141
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-02-08 at 18.05.41.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-08 at 18.05.41.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 141

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I thought I’d see what other owners views on for fitting rear wings and in particular the following questions:

1. The obvious question, will adding a rear wing ruin the look of a road car? I would only consider if I had already fitted an Aerie body kit (minus the frunk lid).
2. Will it make it handle worse because the suspension wasn’t designed to have it like the GT4?
3. What are the best wings?
4. Will it lower the value of my car?

I’m sure someone other than a wing manufacturer has done this previously so it would be good to hear from someone who has or considering it.

Thanks for any replies.
1. Yes
2. On the street you won't be able to go fast enough for a wing to matter
3. The ones left off street driven cars
4. Yes...exponentially

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
the video clip show our aero package with pre-preg autoclaved carbon (dry carbon ), and all the parts with double sided carbon composite provided aero dynamics not just a outlook.

Aerie

Emira Fan
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
this looks pretty neat if you ask me... dry carbon is the way to go! and the quality and cut looks really good!

Those are only in single side carbon fiber on the front spitter and side skirts etc .

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
As I understand, dry carbon is not pre impregnated with resin. (Not pre-preg), but is instead laid up like fiberglass and layered with resin and the vacuum sealing in the mold pulls the resin through.

I've seen a lot of people call matte carbon "dry carbon" as opposed to gloss. Just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same thing.
As far as I'm aware it is the opposite way round, pre-preg is dry as no additional resin needs to be added. On the other hand laying up layers of carbon fibre with resin in between (like with fibreglass) is a wet process.

Equally I think it is the case that the pre-preg dry process is more naturally going to give a matt finish whereas the wet process is going to give a gloss finish (though the finish of both can be changed after).

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As far as I'm aware it is the opposite way round, pre-preg is dry as no additional resin needs to be added. On the other hand laying up layers of carbon fibre with resin in between (like with fibreglass) is a wet process.

Equally I think it is the case that the pre-preg dry process is more naturally going to give a matt finish whereas the wet process is going to give a gloss finish (though the finish of both can be changed after).
I stand corrected.