Production numbers and expected residuals

Skinwarrior

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve heard varying estimates for production numbers for the Emira- I’ve heard 5000 units worldwide as a goal for the first 12 months.

Does anyone have any further information about expected yearly production?

Is the FE only going to be offered for 2022? If so, is it foreseeable that the V6 will be phased out in later years?

I love the car and have placed a deposit (V6 manual). I plan on enjoying the car but not using it as a daily driver. I’m trying to get a sense of how well the residual value will hold up in comparison to a Cayman GTS.

fatjase

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I’ve heard varying estimates for production numbers for the Emira- I’ve heard 5000 units worldwide as a goal for the first 12 months.

Does anyone have any further information about expected yearly production?

Is the FE only going to be offered for 2022? If so, is it foreseeable that the V6 will be phased out in later years?

I love the car and have placed a deposit (V6 manual). I plan on enjoying the car but not using it as a daily driver. I’m trying to get a sense of how well the residual value will hold up in comparison to a Cayman GTS.
Very hard to ascertain I would guess, however given how strong residual values are for the Cayman GTS from the off I can't imagine the Lotus will compete with them until the V6 engine demise has been confirmed. It will be interesting to see how competitive the finance deals are from Lotus as the residual values of the Porsche 718 GTS models make their deals very competitive assuming you don't want to hang on to the car at the end of the deal.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
5000 a year is correct, assuming they continue with one shift. There was talk of a possible second shift if demand was high, which will depend on how people react to the recent news on pricing and timings and conversion of orders to deposits. That is total worldwide.

For 2022 it was going to be about 3000 cars and of those about 500 for UK. That was at Goodwood and they were going away to review it all after the high levels of interest!

I was told FE would continue into 2023 but I'm assuming it will end before the own-spec deliveries start.

Residuals are hard to predict but previous Lotus cars have so far been strong performers. Some of that is down to limited numbers, which clearly will be higher for Emira. But demand looks like it will be higher too.

Bradw

Emira Fan
Reaction score
5000 a year is correct, assuming they continue with one shift. There was talk of a possible second shift if demand was high, which will depend on how people react to the recent news on pricing and timings and conversion of orders to deposits. That is total worldwide.

For 2022 it was going to be about 3000 cars and of those about 500 for UK. That was at Goodwood and they were going away to review it all after the high levels of interest!

I was told FE would continue into 2023 but I'm assuming it will end before the own-spec deliveries start.

Residuals are hard to predict but previous Lotus cars have so far been strong performers. Some of that is down to limited numbers, which clearly will be higher for Emira. But demand looks like it will be higher too.
I know they have had around 3000 deposits in the UK.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, that was about a month ago. It’s nearly 2 years worth in total worldwide.