❔ QUESTION Privacy Glass

PhilCP

Reaction score
Last bit of config that i'm agonising over - privacy glass or not.

Has anyone seen both types of glass to see how much of a tint there is?
How much will privacy obscure the view of the engine?

My thinking was the privacy glass would go well with the black pack, but as i'm have a dark (alcantara) interior I'm wondering if I should have deleted it.

Might be too late to change anyway as i'm a June delivery.

Any thoughts?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's about 20% tint and the configurator is reasonably accurate - no then yes in the below:

Privacy no 1.JPG

Privacy yes 1.JPG

Privacy no 2.JPG

Privacy yes 2.JPG

I've selected no privacy glass with black pack. The glass has a black border in either case and it's nice to show the engine bay. Also means the quarter windows behind the door glass are clear, so slightly more light into the cabin. Don't have to worry too much about solar gain in the UK!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

My thinking was the privacy glass would go well with the black pack, but as i'm have a dark (alcantara) interior I'm wondering if I should have deleted it.

Any thoughts?
Not your exact question but $0.02.
I’m opting for it. For the privacy glass option just because I live in Texas and I don’t want to deal with aftermarket tint there. Bad enough needing it on the front 3 windows.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
I did opt for it but after speaking to the great Scott Walker at a reveal,he rightly pointed out that it would mostly hide the engine which is on view-so I immediately amended my order to delete private glass.

I want that V6 on display

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I did opt for it but after speaking to the great Scott Walker at a reveal,he rightly pointed out that it would mostly hide the engine which is on view-so I immediately amended my order to delete private glass.

I want that V6 on display
Dang it. The configurator makes changes seem like you’ll still be able to see it just fine in sunlight. Also using DV with black pack. It’s still visible. :/

OP
P

PhilCP

Reaction score
Not got the texan or Aussie sun to worry about :)
Hard to tell from the configurator how much the tint is. The engine still seems somewhat visible.
Probably not worth the possible delay to my order by fiddling now.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve ordered it as I think it flows with the black pack plus I’m not sure of the blue fluid top on display. I’m sure it’s still visible to some extent under sunlight.
That's my thinking too - it will help with the fighter jet canopy look of the black pack. If it was an option I would really like a louvered carbon tailgate like the Evora 410 Sport.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It's about 20% tint and the configurator is reasonably accurate - no then yes in the below:

View attachment 2672
View attachment 2674

View attachment 2673
View attachment 2675

I've selected no privacy glass with black pack. The glass has a black border in either case and it's nice to show the engine bay. Also means the quarter windows behind the door glass are clear, so slightly more light into the cabin. Don't have to worry too much about solar gain in the UK!
Guessing the small quarter window behind the driver’s seat isn’t changing in this view but it’s also ~20%?

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I was looking at this yesterday as well. Here are my thoughts:
- you can see engine more clearly without privacy glass. I like the idea of having the quarter rear glasses clear to bring in more light to a small car. The main con is that it will let a lot of UV in. The best fix is to tint everything lightly to allow 70% of light in which is the legal limit for front windows in California. I can probably have the door windows, rear quarters, and engine cover glasses tinted for $300 and they will all have same percentage of tint. This provides UV protection and shows the engine more vs tinted.
- you can somewhat see the engine with privacy glass but it’s not as apparent. It likely does flow better and provides some sun protection straight from the factory. You also don’t have to spend extra to tint the quarter rears and engine cover. The main con is if one was to tint the front door windows at a legal limit, there will be a contrast between that and rear quarter glasses.