Prices increase update from Lotus - and stopping of reservations for V6 FE

Featured
Please be advised that, as a result of significantly increasing costs, the Lotus Emira will later this year be subject to new pricing.

Whilst a significant level of cost increase has been absorbed, with effect from 1 June 2023, the retail price will increase to £81,995 (incl VAT) for the Emira V6 First Edition, and £77,795 (incl VAT) for the Emira First Edition 4-cylinder turbocharged variant. Full pricing details can be found on our website. However, your Emira reservation will not be affected by this increase, we can confirm your reservation has been price protected.

We are fully committed to our production schedule and in the next two weeks, we will be in touch via email to update you further on the progression of your Lotus Emira.

Due to overwhelming demand, we will be closing reservations for Lotus Emira V6 First Edition. We will be sharing the exact timings soon.

1676459390320.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
i4 FE deposit 8th July 2021 at 9pm.

I get the new increased price despite being amongst the first i4 cars..... sigh

Still in, I cannot afford the cost uncertainty of a McLaren, want a sports car so not an Aston, R8 looks like a TT. A 911 GTS is possibly the only alternative but they are everywhere.

Hopefully only 7 more months to wait

Vanman1936

Reaction score
My price is protected (July 21 deposit / May 23 build) but it doesn’t surprise me…..however, I can see that this might be the last straw for some that are affected.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

Still in, I cannot afford the cost uncertainty of a McLaren, want a sports car so not an Aston, R8 looks like a TT. A 911 GTS is possibly the only alternative but they are everywhere.

That's kind of the worst thing, is't it? Zero reward for the support and patience shown, but you still begrudgingly like it more than the alternatives...

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My price is protected (July 21 deposit / May 23 build) but it doesn’t surprise me…..however, I can see that this might be the last straw for some that are affected.
If your build date slips then Lotus could be in a world of pain regarding price increases where they emailed customers that their reservation is price protected. So they'd better be sure that the delivery dates are now rock solid!

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Few changes to the site apart from pricing

Handbook link has vanished

I4 is now target performance sub 4.5 secs to 60

Kibbbs

Reaction score
Also a July 21 deposit for an i4 and no mention of any price protection. I get it, but Lotus are the ones who are behind schedule on delivery and the ones who published a price for a car you couldn’t actually transact on for the i4. I’ll keep my deposit there for the time being, but I likely won’t go through with it.

Twin Cam

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Pre reveal i4 base deposited here, I’ve just got off the phone and I am not price protected. i mentioned Mr Windle and his price promise video, and the long and short of it, in my case, is that it”s not being honoured.
i accept a lot has changed in the last two years, but feel very let down by this.
I will leave my deposit on and reassess my position when the i4 base price is announced in the autumn.

Very glad that I have the Elise in the Garage, just need to go on a diet and resume the yoga classes so that I can get in/out of it

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

You won't be disappointed once it arrives....

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Few changes to the site apart from pricing

Handbook link has vanished

I4 is now target performance sub 4.5 secs to 60
That would be the cherry on top if they have somehow further detuned the i4... 😑

fellman3

Reaction score
14th July 2021 deposit for the i4. Original build date Apr 23 now Oct 23. Despite nearly two years loyalty and repeated delays now have to pay thousands more. Seriously considering pulling out now. Should have increased prices on cars ordered from say April this year. Very poor from Lotus.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Also a July 21 deposit for an i4 and no mention of any price protection. I get it, but Lotus are the ones who are behind schedule on delivery and the ones who published a price for a car you couldn’t actually transact on for the i4. I’ll keep my deposit there for the time being, but I likely won’t go through with it.
Ditto for me. I'm not going to make a snap decision and pull out deposit, but with used prices of alternatives softening and likely to keep on doing so it seems less likely I'll see it through and more likely I'll find something else.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For reference, what were the RRP prices prior to this price rise? And also the UK on-the-road prices.

Del Lardo

Reaction score

I bought a 991.1 GTS as an interim car whilst I waited for my Emira. It's an annoying good car and I was already struggling to justify the move to an Emira before the price increase.

I think it's a relatively rare car but to most people it's just another 911 and certainly doesn't have the visual wow! factor of an Emira.

ADC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For reference, what were the RRP prices prior to this price rise? And also the UK on-the-road prices.
My hazy memory is of the i4 FE being £72,995... I think

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts