• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Please post a photo of the manual linkage if you have one

Nonoyeah

Reaction score
I’d be worried if my good lady thought a 911 was cuter than the Emira…… I‘d worry about her mental state and suggest a trip to the opticians would be needed (if it isn’t already) 🤷‍♂️
The 911 is a distant cousin of the VW Bug is where my wifey is coming from. She does like the fact that the Emira costs half as much as a 458 (what I really want).

4THEDRV

Reaction score
From Austin visit

Attachments

• 1827D34E-333F-450B-8D87-F5049FC84036.jpeg
    1827D34E-333F-450B-8D87-F5049FC84036.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 111
  • 60A6B1BA-CAE9-44AF-A49E-CBFA41C091AE.jpeg
    60A6B1BA-CAE9-44AF-A49E-CBFA41C091AE.jpeg
    306.5 KB · Views: 110

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That mesh will be coming off my car on day one. The mechanism is a thing of beauty and needs to be seen clearly :)

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Nothing like a video. That is one of my favorite features of the car.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does it have a metal gate under the leather surround? Or is that clicking the mechanism itself?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does it have a metal gate under the leather surround? Or is that clicking the mechanism itself?

Based on what I've seen in other videos and photos, it's a non-gated shifter. The noise is from the stops built into the shifter linkages themselves.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No gate. If you take the gaiter and mesh off it'll look similar to the Exige V6 exposed setup - this is my plan.
exposed shifter.jpg

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No gate. If you take the gaiter and mesh off it'll look similar to the Exige V6 exposed setup - this is my plan.

Huh. Does that mean it’s got a bit of play in it? Or is the linkage quite stiff?

I had an MX-5 (Miata) for a few years… best gearshift I’ve experienced. It had a little metal gate that would click with each shift.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It doesn't rely on a gate to align the changes. It's got inherent stiffness in how it's set up. The downside is you've got no visual indication of which gear you're in, but as it's sprung to self-centre on the 3rd/4th gear plane it's not an issue - move it to the left for 1st/2nd and right for 5th/6th. My experience is it needs a positive action but is rewarding because of that. It gets great reviews.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
It doesn't rely on a gate to align the changes. It's got inherent stiffness in how it's set up. The downside is you've got no visual indication of which gear you're in, but as it's sprung to self-centre on the 3rd/4th gear plane it's not an issue - move it to the left for 1st/2nd and right for 5th/6th. My experience is it needs a positive action but is rewarding because of that. It gets great reviews.
Still getting used to the “0 visual” factor in the Evora. Not that I’m out of 3rd too often anyway…

Also, unless I’m missing something on the dash indicating my gear…