Please post a photo of the manual linkage if you have one

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I have been searching everywhere on this forum and the internet for a photo of the visible linkage with the manual. Please post a photo if you have one I would love to see how it looks.

emira-update-inline-statham2.jpg

shame they didn't use clear acrylic instead of mesh to see the linkage better

I talked to them about this at Goodwood and it was still to be decided if it would have the mesh. There was a concern it might be seen as a finger trap and hence count as a safety issue in some countries. There was talk of having it either mandatory on all cars, only fitted to cars destined for certain countries or being an option to delete at time of specification. It'll probably be removeable anyway!

They're going through certification at the moment, so hopefully there will be a definitive answer before Christmas.

The recent Elise/Exige exposed shifter somehow got approval, though wasn't sold in the US, and doesn't have the leather gaiter either - wish we could have this:

exposed shifter.jpg

shame they didn't use clear acrylic instead of mesh to see the linkage better

Agreed. Will have to see this in person to determine if this is just cool or really cool.

I talked to them about this at Goodwood and it was still to be decided if it would have the mesh. There was a concern it might be seen as a finger trap and hence count as a safety issue in some countries. There was talk of having it either mandatory on all cars, only fitted to cars destined for certain countries or being an option to delete at time of specification. It'll probably be removeable anyway!

They're going through certification at the moment, so hopefully there will be a definitive answer before Christmas.

The recent Elise/Exige exposed shifter somehow got approval, though wasn't sold in the US, and doesn't have the leather gaiter either - wish we could have this:

View attachment 742

Now this is really cool! I hate that I haven't really paid attention to these models but they have my attention now. Would love to have a used one.

Sadly the Elise/Exige hasn't sold in the US for a while, after it stopped meeting crash regulations, so your choice used is limited to the older cars. But they're brilliant too :)

I forgot where I read it but the mesh is supposed to be removable.

Can someone talk about the manual shifter knob? It appears to be the same ones used in Evora (which I have never experienced). It looks bigger than other shifter knobs so it should fit great in the hand. It doesn't seem like this can really be improved with an aftermarket knob. Is anyone using an aftermarket knob in an Evora?

Can someone talk about the manual shifter knob? It appears to be the same ones used in Evora (which I have never experienced). It looks bigger than other shifter knobs so it should fit great in the hand. It doesn't seem like this can really be improved with an aftermarket knob. Is anyone using an aftermarket knob in an Evora?
As a Miami resident that deals with blazing hot weather most of the year the first 2 things I plan for my Emira:
1. Ceramic tint 30% all around (I am ordering privacy glass delete since that is just tint with no heat blocking properties)
2. Change the metal manual shift knob to something that will not get super hot to touch.

It's going to have to be non-metal. Any metal part sitting in the sun is going to be very hot. Maybe someone can make a little hat for the shifter knob to wear when parked?

Amazon product
Exactly. Aftermarket Alcantara or carbon is my first choice. I could ask the wifey to make a hat for the metal knob as she is a highly accomplished quilter... However she is pushing me to keep my 911 since it is "cuter" than the Emira and may not want any part of assisting me leaving Pcar

It's going to have to be non-metal. Any metal part sitting in the sun is going to be very hot. Maybe someone can make a little hat for the shifter knob to wear when parked?

Amazon product

I like the idea of metal, but it gets hot in Georgia too. This little shifter hat may just be perfect.

I absolutely love the Evora knob. Yes, it looks identical. This has to be something a bit personal or subjective though. I really like it though. The reverse collar is smooth as well. I wouldn’t change a thing.

Apologize if this is here somewhere.

Will the exposed linkage just be on the FE?

If it’s not just on the FE will it be a standard option or a cost option post FE?

Thanks so much!

Exactly. Aftermarket Alcantara or carbon is my first choice. I could ask the wifey to make a hat for the metal knob as she is a highly accomplished quilter... However she is pushing me to keep my 911 since it is "cuter" than the Emira and may not want any part of assisting me leaving Pcar
I’d be worried if my good lady thought a 911 was cuter than the Emira…… I‘d worry about her mental state and suggest a trip to the opticians would be needed (if it isn’t already) 🤷‍♂️