• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Picked up my stunning Magma Red Lotus Emira

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I was terrifically excited and then a year went passed and there was a further delay, then I bought a supercar, then there was another delay, then another. Time took a toll and the supercar made me think I don't even need the Emira anymore.

I turned up for pick-up not in the mood I expected to be in due to all this wait, and several stories of car issues.
One look at the car in the flesh again cheered me right up!
Driving it again got the excitement back!

It is a fabulous car if you understand what it tried to achieve and that hits your spot. Though, on looks alone, it is a sure buy for me.
Cool 👍

I think they've nailed it to be honest.

It's not trying to be the fastest - in fact I have an Audi S5 Cab in the garage (never goes anywhere unless it's sunny) that's quicker.

Just sold my 2018 Audi S6 (wish I hadn't now - 4L V8 Supercharged - will be sorely missed, apart from the 8mpg 😂) - which was a 0-60 sub 4.

I'm kind of expecting the Emira to feel run-of-the-mill, so going in with low expectations is probably the right approach 🤔 - maybe...

Friend of mine is a Porsche fan and says I should go for the Cayman - but they're ten-a-penny to me.

But it seems to hit the spot to me - the other Lotuses have been too 'hardcore' for me to take seriously - the softer approach of the Emira hits the spot as far as I'm concerned.

Tomorrow - I will know more - but my cheque-book is poised... which is always a bad idea 🤦‍♂️😂

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Thankfully, for me, all the little issues and doubts evaporated once I got it and the last 2 days have been great.
Going out shortly for a nice drive.
I noticed on the video that your brake discs weren't rusty, unlike a number of cars. Did B&C clean them or perhaps your car wasn't parked outside for a month? Disappointing that Lotus deliver cars in that state but they will replace discs and pads if they don't clean up.

I was following a 488 yesterday, not in the Emira, and, whilst the Emira looks spectacular from every angle, the 488 was quite ugly from the rear. Unusual for Ferrari because they always looked good up to the 458.

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yeah, seem fine. I have just washed the car and they have gone a little funny but one decent bit of braking and that will scrub off.
It is down to usage. I will use mine a lot so should be fine.

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'd be interested to see some photos of the Emira and Ferrari side-by-side! :)

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see some photos of the Emira and Ferrari side-by-side! :)
Sure, here they are.

Even better. I went out today with my friend and took both out swapping them over. Should be a great video. Probably out next week.

The Emira did not look foolish...

I keep saying it but I think - in red - the Emira is one of the prettiest cars EVER made.

20230217_161709.jpg

20230217_091845.jpg

20230217_091829.jpg

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Sure, here they are.

Even better. I went out today with my friend and took both out swapping them over. Should be a great video. Probably out next week.

I keep saying it but I think - in red - the Emira is one of the prettiest cars EVER made.

View attachment 22786

View attachment 22787

View attachment 22788
I Totally agree.

I genuinely can’t think of many cars (If any) at ANY price point that beat the Emira on looks.

Think aesthetically it’s almost perfect from every angle!

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sure, here they are.

View attachment 22786

View attachment 22787

View attachment 22788
Sorry to keep harping on this but if you drove the car today, your passenger side front disk is looking like the pad is missing chunks. Those rings don't look normal since the rest of the disk is nice and shiny.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Sorry to keep harping on this but if you drove the car today, your passenger side front disk is looking like the pad is missing chunks. Those rings don't look normal since the rest of the disk is nice and shiny.
@Nova are you sure this is directed at Ade’s car, it was donski’s car that had the dodgy looking disk

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's not my car...

I'm so confused... am I living in a parallel universe? Is this not the red car in your video? The plates are the same. Are there two of these running around UK with the same plate?

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ah, yeah. So what's up with it? I'll look at it in the light.
Does it actually matter? Brakes were fine.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ah, yeah. So what's up with it? I'll look at it in the light.
Does it actually matter? Brakes were fine.
That particular rotor is not wearing evenly, and in fact based on the image, is going to wear prematurely. I'd say have the dealer look at it ASAP and have them fix it. It's hard to tell based on the picture, but if the rotor isn't already scored, a pad replacement and proper bedding in would fix the issue. If not, you'd be justified in asking for a new rotor and pads on that wheel at least. That's something the dealer should have caught and rectified before delivering the car.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Gorgeous. My exact specs. Been waiting to see a Magma with yellow calipers, and the alcantera on the interior. Love it, can't wait but will be Fall delivery here in the US so 6ish months. Can't wait to see updates