Phone call from lotus

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just wondering how many have had the phone call from lotus and what dates they put there deposits down …

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's a 2-3 week exercise and there's no particular order, so don't get too paranoid if you had an early deposit and haven't been called yet. FOMO is real right? :)

It seems to be roughly in order of deposit date but I put my deposit down in April and was called on Wed afternoon - lots of July people had been called before me. Lotus are issuing the calling team a list each day of customers to call, so the callers have no info on how the lists are being decided.

The key deadline for anyone wanting to get a V6 First Edition is 5 Nov, as you need to pay the second deposit by then to stay in the queue.

This approach is just for the V6 FE at this stage and only for UK. Other countries will be handled differently.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Unfortunately I looked at his pic and it is not something you can unsee.

These phone calls, is it a live person or a recorded message from Lotus?
😅 Not sure why I uploaded the 'owl man' just first thing that came up on my new tablet lol
It is an actual person that calls you. Not the most informative so dont expect all your technical questions answered, but they will talk you through the order process.
I asked if placing the order before the 5th Nov deadline was beneficial to your delivery date, but they said no, you can also change your spec after the 5th as long as you aren't changing the engine/transmission. If you do then your order will of course be delayed. Basically they are trying to lock in specs for the FE V6 at this stage so they can streamline their production over the next year. You are a priority customer as as long as you want the FE V6

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
😅 Not sure why I uploaded the 'owl man' just first thing that came up on my new tablet lol
It is an actual person that calls you. Not the most informative so dont expect all your technical questions answered, but they will talk you through the order process.
I asked if placing the order before the 5th Nov deadline was beneficial to your delivery date, but they said no, you can also change your spec after the 5th as long as you aren't changing the engine/transmission. If you do then your order will of course be delayed. Basically they are trying to lock in specs for the FE V6 at this stage so they can streamline their production over the next year. You are a priority customer as as long as you want the FE V6
That picture was on a new tablet? Yikes!

Agreed, they weren't able to answer much. I'll be trying to squeeze a few answers from the Lotus reps at the road show.
Would like to know how many FE's they are making.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That picture was on a new tablet? Yikes!

Agreed, they weren't able to answer much. I'll be trying to squeeze a few answers from the Lotus reps at the road show.
Would like to know how many FE's they are making.
Lol picture will be from some weird conversation I had with a mate I'm sure.
I get feeling they will make as many FE as people want in this first batch, before moving on to the std car batches after. Why they are working their way through calling all the interested parties

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So I have a question, but being a US buyer, perhaps there is not an answer yet. When I put down my deposit I indicated to my preference for the I4/DCT. At the time there was no info about the timing or availability, and my impression was that the various options were all going to be available at the start of production. We now know that not to be true. So given this, will I be able to change my mind and opt for the V6/automatic?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It was known from the launch that the i4 would be later than that the V6 and that initial builds would be a fully loaded version. Perhaps not as explicit as dates for each, but certainly a sequence.

The recently confirmed timing of V6 FE deliveries first in Spring 2022 then i4 FE then own spec is I suspect going to mean some shuffling of the deck in the US.

Dealers were asked to give an initial indication for 2022, which is why they asked customers for indicative specs. But with the US dealer roadshows coming up in November and the US deliveries likely to start 1-2 months after first UK ones then I suspect US deposit holders are going to have November to firm up on V6 FE orders. I would hope anyone who originally indicated i4 will probably be able to switch to V6 during that window - it still gives Lotus time to create the V6 FE order book.

I think it wold be hard for dealers/Lotus to hold people to their original indication when there was limited info on timeframes, no specifications and no pricing.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
So I have a question, but being a US buyer, perhaps there is not an answer yet. When I put down my deposit I indicated to my preference for the I4/DCT. At the time there was no info about the timing or availability, and my impression was that the various options were all going to be available at the start of production. We now know that not to be true. So given this, will I be able to change my mind and opt for the V6/automatic?
If you have paid a deposit and are a priority customer you should get first choice on which drivetrain you would like. So ok to choose the V6 and the earlier allocation

Pav

Emira Fan
Reaction score
From what I understood at the event last night the date of deposit payment relates to build slot priority not the order of calls being made. They have 4 of 5 people doing calls in alphabetical order (not 100% on this but think it’s what I heard). There are a little over 2000 calls to be made..

OP
T

Tommyboy1986

Emira Fan
Reaction score
From what I understood at the event last night the date of deposit payment relates to build slot priority not the order of calls being made. They have 4 of 5 people doing calls in alphabetical order (not 100% on this but think it’s what I heard). There are a little over 2000 calls to be made..
Interesting , sounds like there will be quite a few first editions .. there is hope for me

Emira

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Finally got the call, deposit paid on 8th July at about 8pm. They said a Spring delivery, so it appears I'm in that first batch still, which I guess I didn't expect as there must be a fair few ahead of me.

boozyjay

Reaction score
Finally got the call, deposit paid on 8th July at about 8pm. They said a Spring delivery, so it appears I'm in that first batch still, which I guess I didn't expect as there must be a fair few ahead of me.
Nice one. I paid deposit same day as you but in the morning. Haven't had a call yet, but I'm not bothered, I'm sure they will call soon.