Paint

dave355

Reaction score
cleaning and waxing the emira today and unfortunately i have joined the paint bubbles club! It’s on the tailgate do lotus replace the tailgate? Mine is a terrible fit anyway ,not sure I would be happy with it painted as surely won’t address the causes.How have other owners had this resolved?

Wonza

Emira Fan
Reaction score
cleaning and waxing the emira today and unfortunately i have joined the paint bubbles club! It’s on the tailgate do lotus replace the tailgate? Mine is a terrible fit anyway ,not sure I would be happy with it painted as surely won’t address the causes.How have other owners had this resolved?
You don’t seem to be having any luck. First time, I heard bubbles on the tail gate. Whether is tail gate or door they don’t come preprinted from factory. They have to be painted and blended in on a new door.

I know a few including myself rejected the car in the end. Luck wasn’t on my side too, however, I still love the look of the Emira.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Yikes! Most items I have been disregarding but I think the paint problems are going to push me over the edge to cancel. I just cannot see buying a 100k car that might have paint bubbles. Good luck with getting it repaired and thank you for sharing. I still absolutely love the look of the car but my gut is starting to over rule my heart.

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry to hear about the paint issue. Would appreciate it if you could post a picture as a reference so we know what this paint bubbling looks like. Many of us in NA are getting ready to pickup our cars… soon.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yikes! Most items I have been disregarding but I think the paint problems are going to push me over the edge to cancel. I just cannot see buying a 100k car that might have paint bubbles. Good luck with getting it repaired and thank you for sharing. I still absolutely love the look of the car but my gut is starting to over rule my heart.
There is a potential of having an issue but all issues would be fixed to and should be invisible. I had chips on my front valance from the previous owner that got professionally repaired and they are invisible now.
Don’t be too quick to cancel or you may regret it.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I wouldn't rush your decision. Out of the thousands of Emiras now built, there have only been paint bubble issues on a handful and they were almost all very early production cars.

OP
dave355

dave355

Reaction score
Here are the pictures.I have to say I love the car but the various issues are definitely starting to make me think. F26F178C-BCEC-43E5-98F3-6EE30249BC2D.jpeg21B147DE-B152-4348-AA05-EBCF27F0C078.jpeg

OP
dave355

dave355

Reaction score
no ppf has been fine (march23 collection)but normaly stored inside but a couple of colder days at the dealer for a brakedown and guess it was outside and bingo

OP
dave355

dave355

Reaction score
Tailgate just below the black strip that continues from the roof onto it

OP
dave355

dave355

Reaction score
seams it’s double skinned there as can’t see it from the underside

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
seams it’s double skinned there as can’t see it from the underside
Do you mind sharing what your production date was? Curios if it was a early model and maybe the issue is resolved. It seems like a strange place for the paint to bubble unless like you said there is water between the two skins. Feel bad for you. Kind of takes some of the luster off of ownership I would imagine.

Last edited:
OP
dave355

dave355

Reaction score
Hi a late Feb build and collection direct from factory. No issues elsewhere paint wise .as previously said has only just bubbled up .perhaps it’s just teenage spots comming out lol

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi a late Feb build and collection direct from factory. No issues elsewhere paint wise .as previously said has only just bubbled up .perhaps it’s just teenage spots comming out lol
There has been at least one other car that had the tailgate replaced due to water penetration inside the body of the hatch structure. Worth checking with the dealer, it might not be just a paint thing.