Votes: 112 34.9%
  • PPF Full Wrap

Votes: 148 46.1%
  • Coloured Full Wrap

Votes: 15 4.7%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 46 14.3%

• Total voters
I've seen two cars that had been ceramic coated by BCA and they weren't at all good. It looked like the paint surface hadn't been corrected before applying the coating and on one there were even visible fingerprints in the coating.

Both were re-done by the dealer before handover.

Lotus and BCA may sort it out, as the dealers are feeding back about this, but I'd pay a bit extra and use either my local detailer or one recommended by the dealer.

If you go for factory collection I think they are likely in the next few months to switch ceramic coating application over from BCA and the factory will do it instead, which should be to a higher standard.

I've seen two cars that had been ceramic coated by BCA and they weren't at all good. It looked like the paint surface hadn't been corrected before applying the coating and on one there were even visible fingerprints in the coating.

Both were re-done by the dealer before handover.

Lotus and BCA may sort it out, as the dealers are feeding back about this, but I'd pay a bit extra and use either my local detailer or one recommended by the dealer.

If you go for factory collection I think they are likely in the next few months to switch ceramic coating application over from BCA and the factory will do it instead, which should be to a higher standard.
I thought that was the original plan and that they were lining up a local firm for PPF applied at the factory too…. Fingers crossed for August (in many respects - perhaps they’ll even be doing PDI there by then too for factory collections)….

Any reason not to go for Lotus GardX CX2 Ceramic Paint Protection RRP £399 including VAT?
I’d forgotten that it was even an option… I’ll ask the dealer if they recommend anyone after mentioning the Lotus cost and see what they say :)

I thought that was the original plan and that they were lining up a local firm for PPF applied at the factory too…. Fingers crossed for August (in many respects - perhaps they’ll even be doing PDI there by then too for factory collections)….
I assume they gave a contract to BCA to do it all, so taking the work back in-house is likely to mean renegotiating terms.

I think factory collection was a late addition to the delivery options, so they may not have factored that possibility into the original BCA contract.

They are still pursuing doing PPF at factory but seems to be taking a long time.

Just for those keeping tabs on the new XPEL PPF patterns. My car has now been scanned by XPEL UK - I can't say exactly when but sometime between Weds 8th and Tues 14th of March. So the new patterns should now be available to anyone getting their car PPF'd with XPEL film from now onwards. I don't anticipate this will make any difference to those doing just the front or side sills, as I believe those patterns were fine, the main difference is for anyone having the full car covered and in particular the back where I believe the previous patterns weren't quite right and didn't allow enough stretch for the film.

In response to @action_turtle on how long it usually takes, I assume you mean applying the film rather than getting the car scanned (which isn't typically required). Applying varies but will typically be between 1-5 days depending on the extent of prep-polishing and the level of coverage. Just doing the front bumper and side sills will be quicker than doing the whole car + applying a ceramic coat on top.

Just for those keeping tabs on the new XPEL PPF patterns. My car has now been scanned by XPEL UK - I can't say exactly when but sometime between Weds 8th and Tues 14th of March. So the new patterns should now be available to anyone getting their car PPF'd with XPEL film from now onwards. I don't anticipate this will make any difference to those doing just the front or side sills, as I believe those patterns were fine, the main difference is for anyone having the full car covered and in particular the back where I believe the previous patterns weren't quite right and didn't allow enough stretch for the film.

In response to @action_turtle on how long it usually takes, I assume you mean applying the film rather than getting the car scanned (which isn't typically required). Applying varies but will typically be between 1-5 days depending on the extent of prep-polishing and the level of coverage. Just doing the front bumper and side sills will be quicker than doing the whole car + applying a ceramic coat on top.
Have you had yours fully done and if so where can I ask? I am collecting next month so just deliberating on where to get my full PPF and coating done

Has anyone had their car PPF’d through Bell and Covills recommended partner?

They are called all that gleams based in Guildford.

Would appreciate any feedback the good and the bad as i was thinking of using them, for a track PPF and Cermaic coat and detail, simply as they came recommended from the dealer.

Have you had yours fully done and if so where can I ask? I am collecting next month so just deliberating on where to get my full PPF and coating done
I was debating between the Factory supplier and Topaz Detailing (London). They were comparable offerings and price, in the end I’m going via the Factory and their preferred supplier for full detail, full ppf and full ceramic.

Would appreciate any feedback the good and the bad as i was thinking of using them, for a track PPF and Cermaic coat and detail, simply as they came recommended from the dealer.
I’ve used All That Gleams for PPF and Ceramic coating on a couple of my Lotus and one of my wife’s cars. Great work and Tom the owner has an Emira on order himself.

MY car has now been fully PPF'd and Ceramic coated inside and out by GVE. They have the templates.

Looks INCREDIBLE as I went for Xpel Stealth Satin.

I will be putting out a video on the whole thing, with the options, and the 10% discount code next week.

A teaser...

20230312_104705.jpg

MY car has now been fully PPF'd and Ceramic coated inside and out by GVE. They have the templates.

I will be putting out a video on the whole thing, with the options, and the 10% discount code next week.

A teaser...

View attachment 23871
Hi Ade, can you show PPF edges and explain the extent to which panel edges have been wrapped around? I spent another hour last night, trying to balance pros and cons of PPF.

I still have concerns re cost, edges lifting and dirt getting underneath, need to replace pieces anyway if substantial impact, need to replace in 7-10 years anyway. However, I also recall the grit rash on the fornt bumper of my S2000 and I like the idea of a sacrificial layer. My magma will be a weekend-only, low mileage vehicle.

EDIT: Currnetly considering Elite Detailing (Rybrook Birmingham's partner) and Depth of Shine (Worcester way - based on positive comments seen elsewhere).

I will do some pics. Ah, can't for ages as the car is away for 3 weeks.

The work is guaranteed. Plus, there is 1 month check-up to assess how it has 'stuck', checking for any issues.

Does that satin wrap change the colour much? it’s difficult to see in the picture, looks more of a flat red, looks pretty good thou👍🏻

A teaser...

View attachment 23871
Understanding that it's totally subjective, but I think it looked better before. Looks well-protected though!
1678985015801.png

Hi. Yes I have the full front ppf plus ceramic coating everywhere. Can't fault it. Thinking of having the windscreen done as I already have 2 stone chips from the M4,

A teaser...

View attachment 23871
Satin red… I had wondered how this would look. I’m not totally convinced (perhaps the flat colours would do better?). But still, thank you for giving it a go!

I don’t understand the ceramic coating on this though… wouldn’t that make it shiny again?

You have to see this car in the flesh! Just like the standard cars.

At first, I was worried about losing the metallic element.
At second, I was still not convinced.
At third, after about 5 minutes i realise it was a massive leap.
At fourth, after a couple of days, I realise it was mesmorising.

Video might be uploaded tomorrow.

Variety is the spice of life! I'm happy that you love it. Looking forward to seeing what other wraps and finishes people do while we in the US wait, and wait, and wait... :p

I was debating between the Factory supplier and Topaz Detailing (London). They were comparable offerings and price, in the end I’m going via the Factory and their preferred supplier for full detail, full ppf and full ceramic.
Could you let me know how much Topaz quoted ? Was that xpel and ceramic ? Thx 🙏

At first, I was worried about losing the metallic element.
At second, I was still not convinced.
At third, after about 5 minutes i realise it was a massive leap.
At fourth, after a couple of days, I realise it was mesmorising.

Video might be uploaded tomorrow.
Notice you’ve changed the Lotus lettering from silver to black . Looks really good now!

Back