• No Wrap

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What are peoples thoughts on the factory PPF?
Are many factory collections having it done?
It seems more expensive than what people have paid at local detailers.
However, I want to factory collect and am concerned about a 250 mile drive home without it.
I believe these guys do the factory ppf for Lotus : https://www.detailyoureyecandy.co.uk/ Not sure whether they have a facility set up on site at the factory or whether cars are taken to their local workshop though.....

PhilCP

Reaction score
I believe these guys do the factory ppf for Lotus : https://www.detailyoureyecandy.co.uk/

On their website the gold package which looks similar to Lotus option 1 is £1699 + vat.

Lotus Option 1—full decontamination and correction. XPEL PPF installed to bonnet, front bumper, front wings, wing mirrors, A pillars, headlights and side sill sections, rear arch areas. C5 wheel armours applied to alloy wheel faces & G1 applied to glass. Gtechniq Halo applied to all PPF areas—£3,108.00 retail price including VAT

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On their website the gold package which looks similar to Lotus option 1 is £1699 + vat.

Lotus Option 1—full decontamination and correction. XPEL PPF installed to bonnet, front bumper, front wings, wing mirrors, A pillars, headlights and side sill sections, rear arch areas. C5 wheel armours applied to alloy wheel faces & G1 applied to glass. Gtechniq Halo applied to all PPF areas—£3,108.00 retail price including VAT
I don't think their gold package includes anything but the ppf - i.e. no ceramic on top of ppf or glass/wheel treatment..... I'm surprised that they don't do headlights from bronze upwards given the price of said items - I'll probably just go ceramic all over and ppf on headlights with the Lotus minor body damage policy which seems good value!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been covered/debunked already, but shouldn't the paint be allowed to cure and/or breathe a bit before applying PPF? Or is PPF somehow breathable? I keep hearing about soft paint from the factory and maybe it just needs more time before having sticky film applied with a heat gun. I know Lotus claims to have some fancy state of the art paint booth, but early reviews haven't been too great.

JXJ

Reaction score
However, I want to factory collect and am concerned about a 250 mile drive home without it.
A heads up availability from experience is limited I.e. there is a backlog, I planned to have factory PPF but advised would delay delivery, my car was number 100 collected from factory, I choose in the end to have done locally a get the car sooner. A very steady drive home to Berkshire!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sorry if this has been covered/debunked already, but shouldn't the paint be allowed to cure and/or breathe a bit before applying PPF? Or is PPF somehow breathable? I keep hearing about soft paint from the factory and maybe it just needs more time before having sticky film applied with a heat gun. I know Lotus claims to have some fancy state of the art paint booth, but early reviews haven't been too great.
You’re never going to get a straight answer because there isn’t one.

There’s a bunch of conflicting facts, misinformation, and opinions on the subjects of: ppf, ppf installation, paint quality, paint curing, paint adhesion, etc.

All of this is complicated by a significant amount of people who are emotionally attached their purchases and see everything as an investment they need to immediately protect.

In your specific case, you’re a V6 FE NA buyer, your paint will have had all the time in the world to evaporate the solvents and coalesce. If you want to PPF at that point you’ll need to fix any imperfections and then PPF as is standard processes.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A heads up availability from experience is limited I.e. there is a backlog, I planned to have factory PPF but advised would delay delivery, my car was number 100 collected from factory, I choose in the end to have done locally a get the car sooner. A very steady drive home to Berkshire!
They said to me they’re not doing it anymore due to the timescales

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
paintfb.jpg

Link to FB group post.

PhilCP

Reaction score

Looks like the decision is made for me then.
if anyone has any PPF recommendations in the North West let me know.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Not a expert but from what i know they do not use a heat gun to apply PPF. Heat is used to remove the PPF. To apply they use a solution and a squeegee. I could be wrong.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a expert but from what i know they do not use a heat gun to apply PPF. Heat is used to remove the PPF. To apply they use a solution and a squeegee. I could be wrong.

I've seen heat used to wrap it around certain tight spots like headlights. It may not be a popular technique though.

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If they are still using Elliot from https://www.detailyoureyecandy.co.uk/ to do the factory PPF then I would highly recommend him as his work is very good quality - I got him to do mine, directly rather than through Lotus and he did a fantastic job.

Joel

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Where did you get this info? I'm currently waiting on Lotus as my car is meant to be going for PPF, it was built in March and I know isn't with Elliot yet, not a clue why that is

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A big Thank you to Topaz Bristol for the excellent work they did, I am really happy with the quality and result of having full PPF treatment on my Emira it’s the first time I’ve had PPF on a car I’ve owned I just got to keep it clean now🙂
IMG_0215.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0206.jpeg
    IMG_0206.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    225.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0208.jpeg
    IMG_0208.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0217.jpeg
    IMG_0217.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 102

Auto Smiler

Reaction score
Apologies if this question has already been asked/answered but I’ve recently heard horror stories regarding insurance companies and PPF. Some see it as a modification and won’t insure or will increase the premium. If not declared, the insurance may be void.

This is putting me off the idea of PPF. Does anyone have experience of this?

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Apologies if this question has already been asked/answered but I’ve recently heard horror stories regarding insurance companies and PPF. Some see it as a modification and won’t insure or will increase the premium. If not declared, the insurance may be void.

This is putting me off the idea of PPF. Does anyone have experience of this?
I insured my auto car with admiral with no problems and I added the price of the PPF to the overall cost of the car, I spoke to the guy from the insurance over the phone I told him I’ve had full PPF and would like to add the cost of that to the insurance when he asked how much is the car worth.
worst case scenario if the car was written off that’s what I would like to claim back😳👍

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone done or planning to do matte ppf on their hethel yellow emira?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Where did you get this info? I'm currently waiting on Lotus as my car is meant to be going for PPF, it was built in March and I know isn't with Elliot yet, not a clue why that is
I know Elliot is very busy

The earliest he can fit me in is end of May

Auto Smiler

Reaction score
I insured my auto car with admiral with no problems and I added the price of the PPF to the overall cost of the car, I spoke to the guy from the insurance over the phone I told him I’ve had full PPF and would like to add the cost of that to the insurance when he asked how much is the car worth.
worst case scenario if the car was written off that’s what I would like to claim back😳👍
Thanks, I guess I need to make a few calls.

PaperLawyer

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I need to make a few calls.
I had the same concern but ppf didn't appear to be an issue with the insurers I contacted - the lack of a tracker was more of an issue (but ultimately Admiral provided a low premium, pff noted on the policy (but the cost of non-OEM mods is not covered i.e. I'd have to pay for replacement ppf on any new panels following an isurance claim) and no need for a tracker.