Votes: 14 5.4%
  • No Wrap

Votes: 41 15.8%

• Total voters

GrahamClark_60-68

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I second STEK as well. I've had Xpel and it was far inferior to STEK. I will be using STEK again when the Emira arrives.
I see you're in So Cal. Can you recommend any installers locally (preferably south of LA, in OC maybe.)?

drjazzsk

Reaction score
I see you're in So Cal. Can you recommend any installers locally (preferably south of LA, in OC maybe.)?
I haven't fully started the search yet as my car is many months out. I had my last car done in Vegas and then sent to me in so cal. This time I will use a so cal ppf installer. I do recall there were several places that seemed competent when I looked before a couple years ago. Not sure who the dealer is using but I suspect it will be expensive. As I suspect there will be a lot of Emira owners in so cal that get ppf...we should start a thread just for that as people find places/quotes and get results after install of ppf. Would be helpful.

T6061

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I haven't fully started the search yet as my car is many months out. I had my last car done in Vegas and then sent to me in so cal. This time I will use a so cal ppf installer. I do recall there were several places that seemed competent when I looked before a couple years ago. Not sure who the dealer is using but I suspect it will be expensive. As I suspect there will be a lot of Emira owners in so cal that get ppf...we should start a thread just for that as people find places/quotes and get results after install of ppf. Would be helpful.
Agree with this idea!

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I also! @drjazzsk are you volunteering to lead us?! :)
Highly recommended, I started a thread today for members who I know are in the Greater Toronto Area and it‘s very helpful. We’ve identified a couple places that seem to be the best bet.

One of them uses SunTek and the other uses STEK. The STEK place hasn’t called me back yet but is doing the first Canadian Emira and I’d like to visit this week to see it if I can. The place using Suntek has a fantastic installer as well, he showed me all the pieces avaialble in the software - with notes etc from other installers. For example it will show a section that’s been cut 1300 times and notes and feedback other installers have left with modifications. They have some cars there with small gaps in some less noticeable sections (not like the dealer installer) but those are for cars with less picky customers paying 5K for full car and if he knows you’re picky about that he will make sure they reprint if needed and do it again and have done a 15K job fully hand cut for someone who wanted it. Likely looking probably 6-7K Canadian knowing I’d want edges hidden.

Both the STEK and SunTek have hydrophobic so it’s like ceramic built in. I believe the STEK installer is putting ceramic on top but the SunTek installer doesn’t think it’s necessary as you have a 12 year warranty with SunTek reaction that has the ceramic built in. They would also do all the black vents and fins that the dealer installer wasn’t doing and can do the piano black on the interior which is also in the SunTek system...headlights too. Other things they can do if I want everything done is ceramic on the wheels, windshield is about $500 to protect from chips…they also suggested if I want to get a clear tint if I want it for sun protection.

Last edited:

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those that did full body PPF. Do you mind sharing pictures of these areas? I’m curious to see how other installers are approaching them

IMG_3333.jpeg

IMG_2729.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
For those that did full body PPF. Do you mind sharing pictures of these areas? I’m curious to see how other installers are approaching them

View attachment 41261

View attachment 41262

View attachment 41263

View attachment 41264
I really like the sharing of this for comps, I found my dealer installer poor and I confirmed it looking at other work.

I’m not sure if it’s the compression when you upload but I can’t see details or seams you appear to be showing - would it be possible to crop the pic to just the area and perhaps we can see better?

This is exactly why I’m visiting potential places in person as you can’t tell from their online posts, and obviously they won’t post sections that look like they aren’t perfect when you can look at the same car in person and find areas they didn’t show. To manage expectations though, it’s probably unrealistic to expect “perfect” on 100% of the car, but there is a wide range that makes a difference from what I’ve seen and how through the installer is willing to be.

Or - to clarify, maybe I can’t see because you are just showing these areas on a non-PPFd car and asking to see the job done from those who had them PPFd? Haha

chipshopman

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi All

Just wanted to see how many of you are considering going for a PPF/Wrap on their Emira?

This is something i'm seriously considering, what are your thoughts.
I got full car PPF done through a local 3rd party to me, amazing job. Cost about £5k. I got it done independently because Lotus told me they no longer offered it as an option. Both my cars have PPF now, no regrets.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Or - to clarify, maybe I can’t see because you are just showing these areas on a non-PPFd car and asking to see the job done from those who had them PPFd? Haha

Correct, the pictures are just examples of the areas

AFBDA

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Highly recommended, I started a thread today for members who I know are in the Greater Toronto Area and it‘s very helpful. We’ve identified a couple places that seem to be the best bet.

One of them uses SunTek and the other uses STEK. The STEK place hasn’t called me back yet but is doing the first Canadian Emira and I’d like to visit this week to see it if I can. The place using Suntek has a fantastic installer as well, he showed me all the pieces avaialble in the software - with notes etc from other installers. For example it will show a section that’s been cut 1300 times and notes and feedback other installers have left with modifications. They have some cars there with small gaps in some less noticeable sections (not like the dealer installer) but those are for cars with less picky customers paying 5K for full car and if he knows you’re picky about that he will make sure they reprint if needed and do it again and have done a 15K job fully hand cut for someone who wanted it. Likely looking probably 6-7K Canadian knowing I’d want edges hidden.

Both the STEK and SunTek have hydrophobic so it’s like ceramic built in. I believe the STEK installer is putting ceramic on top but the SunTek installer doesn’t think it’s necessary as you have a 12 year warranty with SunTek reaction that has the ceramic built in. They would also do all the black vents and fins that the dealer installer wasn’t doing and can do the piano black on the interior which is also in the SunTek system...headlights too. Other things they can do if I want everything done is ceramic on the wheels, windshield is about $500 to protect from chips…they also suggested if I want to get a clear tint if I want it for sun protection.
@DF_Toronto where is the GTA thread?

Rapture

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 41261

View attachment 41262

View attachment 41263

View attachment 41264
My PPF installer has had my car for several weeks (long story). I've been there to check in a few times, and he showed me a few things. He is using Xpel. The rear bumper is two pieces and is split at the line you have in red. The upper part with the Lotus emblem is separate from the lower part. I was not expecting that, but it is shown in their online description of their kit (link below).

On the side section by the scoop, there is a cut out relief, and then a small pie shape piece is installed. Not ideal, but the installer thinks the film may lift there without it.

If you look at the Xpel website, there appears to be a number of relief cuts in the front bumper area. My guy has not gotten to that section yet, but it should be interesting.

They are doing everything on my car, inside an out. He said it's the hardest vehicle he's done.

Xpel, precut site.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Very little of this back and forth we have on the forum is useful without knowing what product we are talking about and who the installers are.
FYI - Adam's Polishes is running 30 percent off on all graphene products right now. I'm really pleased with their ceramic coatings.

Shyatic

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
FYI - Adam's Polishes is running 30 percent off on all graphene products right now. I'm really pleased with their ceramic coatings.
Don't apply those on top of PPF, they will affect the self-healing capabilities of it. Just an FYI :)

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts