Overhead comparison Emira vs Evora

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I posted one of the official Lotus pictures in another thread and then realised I had a very similar picture of my Evora. This was taken from the viewing platform at Goodwood, overlooking the pit lane. Interesting to compare the two and play "spot the differences".

My_Evora_Goodwood_2012-09-01_P9010968.jpg

Aerial-view-of-the-Lotus-Emira-in-blue-1-1024x603 - rotated trimmed.jpg

The first interesting difference is the wider front track on the Emira. You can clearly see the Evora is wider at the rear wheels than at the front, whereas the Emira is the same for both.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
yeah that Emira is where it's at. Fixes all the awkward Evora things. Silky Smooth now.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I posted one of the official Lotus pictures in another thread and then realised I had a very similar picture of my Evora. This was taken from the viewing platform at Goodwood, overlooking the pit lane. Interesting to compare the two and play "spot the differences".

View attachment 3073

The first interesting difference is the wider front track on the Emira. You can clearly see the Evora is wider at the rear wheels than at the front, whereas the Emira is the same for both.
I have seen that over head picture on the site a few times, but before today not noticed the way the car centre/or middle looking from above slims in between the wheels. thanks:)

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

View attachment 3073

Nice comparison, the roof looks considerably narrower on the Emira, suggesting the glasshouse must have considerably greater tumblehome - inclination of the side glass inwards. Always looks sexy on a car!

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks like an AMG engine...
Well done for spotting one of the differences. V6 in the Evora and the Emira pic is of an AMG-engined car 👍

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
There are so many similarities in the plan view it feels like fuel for the "rebodied Evora" conspiracists!

The upward curve of the side glass and how the overall canopy shape tapers down towards the tail are incredibly similar, the major difference being that the glass engine cover in the Emira extends further down but the overall form is the same.

As well as the Emira's front track being wider, the more vertical orientation of the headlamp units means the gap between the headlamps at the their closest point is much greater, helping make the front end appear even wider - the Evora's looks a bit "pinched" by comparison.

~el~jefe~

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The evora, while a very cool car, is a bit hodge podge, needing refinement. The difference between fugly and beautiful is not far but always obvious. Emira is infinitely more beautiful.

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Other things that I consider obvious, but maybe are differences to be noted:

- Rear spoiler is built-in for the Emira.
- Emira hood vents are much different and seem to "stand-out" less.
- Side air intakes in Emira are not so visible from the top as the Evora
- No hump in the middle of the roof on the Emira
- Windshield on Emira has much less curve at the base

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It also looks like the width of the boot/trunk lid (and hence the opening) is narrower on the Emira, so more of the storage space is under the rear haunches rather than being exposed when you open the hatch.

The Evora does a very good job of disguising its +2 configuration. The longer door opening is one clue.

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As well as the Emira's front track being wider, the more vertical orientation of the headlamp units means the gap between the headlamps at the their closest point is much greater, helping make the front end appear even wider - the Evora's looks a bit "pinched" by comparison.

The apparent extra width due to the headlight differences is even more obvious from the front, despite the glamouflage:

IMG_8540_Still_Crop.jpg

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's going to be interesting to see what effect an Emira has when someone sees it in their rear view mirror. The Evora has a lot of presence and the headlight shape is unusual - on motorways I regularly have people moving over to let me pass.

I think the Emira vertically stacked lights and boomerang vents will be very characteristic. Black Pack will accentuate these when seen in your mirrors.

f0e4c935.jpg