• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Order placed? : post your —FINAL— spec here

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just checking, do you mean literally signed a contract? Was this a 2nd or 3rd phone call from Lotus?
Masterpede is in Switzerland, so it's a different process to UK

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score
ahhh I see, do we know if those that had their 3rd phone call had additional deposit requested or finance options explained?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Lotus have changed the approach. I was told there would now no longer need to be a 3rd deposit. I was also told the existing deposit would remain refundable up until 30 days prior to delivery date, when the balance would be due. I'm surprised by this very late timeframe for being able to pull out, but I guess they think there's enough of a queue they can reallocate any cancellations.

It may be the case this only applies for the first batch of deliveries in June, because those people can't otherwise get a chance to read press reviews and drive dealer demo cars before having to commit. So let's wait and see if Lotus confirm this is the new approach for all customers.

Previously Lotus had said final spec commitment would also be at the point of 3rd deposit (due to be in Jan). I asked when the deadline was for changes. This was what prompted me and others to be told that actually there was already a possible implication of making changes, which Lotus would have to consider case by case. Another change of approach from Lotus, which I've said is directly contrary to what we were all told in Oct/Nov when submitting config and 2nd deposit. I've asked them to clarify the situation on changes and the deadlines for committed specs, both for the June batch and later customers. Should have answers by end of next week.

My call also confirmed that finance options will be in the big update from Lotus coming out later in Jan. Plus things like delivery options, part exchange arrangements etc.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Lotus have changed the approach. I was told there would now no longer need to be a 3rd deposit. I was also told the existing deposit would remain refundable up until 30 days prior to delivery date, when the balance would be due. I'm surprised by this very late timeframe for being able to pull out, but I guess they think there's enough of a queue they can reallocate any cancellations.

It may be the case this only applies for the first batch of deliveries in June, because those people can't otherwise get a chance to read press reviews and drive dealer demo cars before having to commit. So let's wait and see if Lotus confirm this is the new approach for all customers.

Previously Lotus had said final spec commitment would also be at the point of 3rd deposit (due to be in Jan). I asked when the deadline was for changes. This was what prompted me and others to be told that actually there was already a possible implication of making changes, which Lotus would have to consider case by case. Another change of approach from Lotus, which I've said is directly contrary to what we were all told in Oct/Nov when submitting config and 2nd deposit. I've asked them to clarify the situation on changes and the deadlines for committed specs, both for the June batch and later customers. Should have answers by end of next week.

My call also confirmed that finance options will be in the big update from Lotus coming out later in Jan. Plus things like delivery options, part exchange arrangements etc.
There are enough dealerships worldwide that need cars, I expect they will take any surplus cars for the showrooms

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My final spec is locked in: v6 touring, manual. Nimbus, silver wheels, yellow calipers, no black pack. Interior will be brown leather with a black leather steering wheel.

Hopefully, it will look like Eagle's render . . .
Since the images I'm posting on the website are coming out darker than they are on my computer, I've brightened these up a bit to compensate. Hopefully these look better than before.

Nick in Sydney 1.png

Nick in Sydney 1a.png

Nick in Sydney 1b.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wish I had that much space, minimal clutter and decent lighting in my garage! I won't ask you to do a render of an Emira in a shoebox - thank goodness for folding mirrors :)
I wish I had this much space in my own garage lol. Basically this is like a stage set with a floor, one wall and a ceiling. I have to keep it open so I can place cameras at different locations both near and far.

jpizzle

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Great thanks for this most helpful, I placed 2nd deposit in November and was told I would be contacted in the New Year with more information. I am fully aware that things change but I would of liked to have seen more commitment to a plan from Lotus in relation to customers. I like you were informed upon 2nd deposit just to relax and there would be another opportunity to change spec with no issues in the New Year; then when I got in touch last month they said it may well delay delivery date if I did change... Either way no doubt the car is going to be incredible and I'm one of those that Lotus has successfully converted from Porsche to Lotus as I've sold my 718 Cayman to be replaced by the Emira even though the information I have received like everyone in this forum has been very little and seems to be evolving and changing constantly!

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Gents putting my deposit down tomorrow.
Can anyone let me know the price of the black pack for the base car?
Cheers

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Gents putting my deposit down tomorrow.
Can anyone let me know the price of the black pack for the base car?
Cheers
This info is not known yet as the base car is not available till 2023. Lotus will list in due time. Best of luck and congrats 👏🏻.

masterpede

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes, there were phone calls and chats (in Person) with the Dealer. I had to sign the contract to stay "in Line" since i'm like #4 and in the second batch for swiss delivery.

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I certainly hope it doesn't look like this, or I've made a terrible mistake. :D:D
I was thinking the same thing.
Those pics look way more like silver than gray.
Here is a picture of the gray car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220107-112637_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220107-112637_YouTube.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 38

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Two greys though. Those pics are Shadow Grey which is much darker. Nimbus Grey is closer to a silver.

Shadow:
IMG_7611.JPG

Nimbus:
IMG_7607.JPG

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I certainly hope it doesn't look like this, or I've made a terrible mistake. :D:D
Those were artificially brightened for that one guy looking at them on his phone. The image in post #71 is much closer to the samples TomE showed, especially the last round one.