• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

OK talk to me about the Alpine 110

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes, that is a very fair point. I was thinking of a direct comparison between a good spec Alpine vs the fully loaded FE Emira and is this worth the extra money. Also, to be fair, the GT version of the Alpine is an extra £10K, so the gap begins to close somewhat. I think that @Leonard will have a very interesting day trying the two cars and will have a difficult decision.
You watch, he will try them both and then go and buy something completely different to leave us competely befuddled.
🕷 👀

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Resurrecting an old thread here to say that I have now sold my Alpine A110 in readiness for my V6 Auto FE Emira which is due in the coming weeks (hopefully). I enjoyed the Alpine very much and had some great drives out despite owning it over the winter months. There really are very much under the radar these cars and still very few on the UK roads. It is very 'Lotus like' in terms of performance and driving. It also benefits from low running costs with 35 mpg easily achievable even driving in Sports mode all the time. They are cheap to insure and although I didn't have any servicing to do, those costs are also reasonable.
Certainly a very worthy Emira alternative.

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread here to say that I have now sold my Alpine A110 in readiness for my V6 Auto FE Emira which is due in the coming weeks (hopefully). I enjoyed the Alpine very much and had some great drives out despite owning it over the winter months. There really are very much under the radar these cars and still very few on the UK roads. It is very 'Lotus like' in terms of performance and driving. It also benefits from low running costs with 35 mpg easily achievable even driving in Sports mode all the time. They are cheap to insure and although I didn't have any servicing to do, those costs are also reasonable.
Certainly a very worthy Emira alternative.
Glad you enjoyed it. Are the residuals still holding up? I am keen to see the A110 R in the next few weeks. Think the first are built and due in April

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad you enjoyed it. Are the residuals still holding up? I am keen to see the A110 R in the next few weeks. Think the first are built and due in April
Yes, re the residuals, they are still selling for pretty much the same price as what I paid 6 months ago.