OK talk to me about the Alpine 110

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I know it gets mentioned in quite a few threads, but don't think there is a dedicated thread for it.
I've gone full circle with this car and inspite of it being a 4cyl auto...šŸ™ˆ it could actually tick a few boxes for me as an interim classier steer than my current Yaris, whilst still keeping those pin sharp dynamics.
Found a lovely 296bhp Legende GT and tempted to make an inquiry.
Thoughts?

grahamgreen

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Iā€™m with you @Leonard the alpine has awkward looks in my book but rock solid values in the second hand market and by media accounts a nice steer. Should be a ā€œsafeā€ interim car.

Iā€™ve been tempted by the black 45k car currently on autotrader

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Iā€™m with you @Leonard the alpine has awkward looks in my book but rock solid values in the second hand market and by media accounts a nice steer. Should be a ā€œsafeā€ interim car.

Iā€™ve been tempted by the black 45k car currently on autotrader
Totally. Look how good this one looks though, I'm actually a bit smitten šŸ„°
Need to give them a ring tomorrow

Screenshot_20221016_201228.jpg

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Totally. Look how good this one looks though, I'm actually a bit smitten šŸ„°
Need to give them a ring tomorrow

View attachment 9840
Not as pretty as the late 60s early 70s car, 4 cylinder auto as you say, but definitely worth an enquiry. I could certainly live with it and the reviews have been good.

Last edited:

Scmjea

Reaction score
Brilliant, Iā€™m very tempted by one. Just to note the new A110 is a little more powerful (8bhp) than the Legende GT, it also has CarPlay if that makes a difference. I had a test drive in one a few weeks ago and was very impressed. Great fun.

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I bought mine new in October 18 a Premiere Edition now done 6k miles. Love every drive and knew before I left the showroom car park on a test drive I wanted one. Seems to really divide opinion but Iā€™ve loved it. My wife thinks I was wrong to sell the F type but I havenā€™t thought that for a minute. Always gets a positive response when out as well. Personal view is the standard car is the one to have rather than the S. Attached is my car

Attachments

• AB84EFA4-FA91-40E8-9209-8887026F4E97.jpeg
    AB84EFA4-FA91-40E8-9209-8887026F4E97.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 64
  • C039AB95-7C46-4560-BD26-A2D2099D2A60.jpeg
    C039AB95-7C46-4560-BD26-A2D2099D2A60.jpeg
    270.1 KB · Views: 65
  • ED4C13EF-C525-4DA7-83BE-37DA9143FB91.jpeg
    ED4C13EF-C525-4DA7-83BE-37DA9143FB91.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 65
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Brilliant, Iā€™m very tempted by one. Just to note the new A110 is a little more powerful (8bhp) than the Legende GT, it also has CarPlay if that makes a difference. I had a test drive in one a few weeks ago and was very impressed. Great fun.
If I'm honest I would sacrifice the 8bhp for that paint colour and the soft gold badges and calipers šŸ„°
Any other interesting insights from your test drive?
How was the auto?

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I bought mine new in October 18 a Premiere Edition now done 6k miles. Love every drive and knew before I left the showroom car park on a test drive I wanted one. Seems to really divide opinion but Iā€™ve loved it. My wife thinks I was wrong to sell the F type but I havenā€™t thought that for a minute. Always gets a positive response when out as well. Personal view is the standard car is the one to have rather than the S. Attached is my car
She's a beauty.
I had assumed that the GT with the S power would be the sweet spot?
Too fast to enjoy properly/standard car just a better balance?
Have you had any reliability issues at all?

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
She's a beauty.
I had assumed that the GT with the S power would be the sweet spot?
Too fast to enjoy properly/standard car just a better balance?
Have you had any reliability issues at all?
I drove the S with 300 bhp 2 weeks ago. They gave me the keys and a decent route. In honesty it didnā€™t feel like it had 50 bhp more. It was punchier but not night and day. If buying new GT would be the sweet spot. The earlier cars particularly Premiere Edition and Alpine Blue seem to sell. No itā€™s been very reliable only the problems a couple of rattles. The orange demo was built better with no rattles so they have obviously improved it. Life 110 has some good mods available. Servicing and insurance cheap. DAB radio and infotainment poor but other than that not much to worry about.

Attachments

• 1B6C8C2C-707F-4C87-B817-C8409D70D2B9.jpeg
    1B6C8C2C-707F-4C87-B817-C8409D70D2B9.jpeg
    259.7 KB · Views: 44

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The S loses the lovely floaty ride/ handling. More like a Cayman suspension. Perhaps better on track but normal one brilliant on road. Read Gordon Murrayā€™s comments šŸ‘

Scmjea

Reaction score
If I'm honest I would sacrifice the 8bhp for that paint colour and the soft gold badges and calipers šŸ„°
Any other interesting insights from your test drive?
How was the auto?
Iā€™d heard a lot about the ride on the base car being amazing, on the GT it was a little firmer than I expected. It wasnā€™t uncomfortable but I think I was probably expecting something mindblowing. I then saw or read a review saying something similar, it may have been in Evo who ran a long-term GT from around February-August.

Auto was quality. Simple in town and fun with the paddles. I have manual V6 on order but wouldnā€™t see the Alpine DCT as a big step down.

Interior is nicer than I thought in GT but not as nice as the Emira (although Iā€™ve only seen photos of that). Stereo which was the upgraded version was very underwhelming but the engine sound was impressive.

Overall feeling was that it was a genuine joy to drive. In fact Iā€™ve never driven a car thatā€™s felt so right so quickly. It was immediately comfortable, very easy to drive quickly, very relaxed in town, great in the corners. Felt like a proper drivers car.

Iā€™m waiting for the Emira test drive and will then make my mind up between the two or perhaps start with Emira and switch to Alpine later.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Iā€™d heard a lot about the ride on the base car being amazing, on the GT it was a little firmer than I expected. It wasnā€™t uncomfortable but I think I was probably expecting something mindblowing. I then saw or read a review saying something similar, it may have been in Evo who ran a long-term GT from around February-August.

Auto was quality. Simple in town and fun with the paddles. I have manual V6 on order but wouldnā€™t see the Alpine DCT as a big step down.

Interior is nicer than I thought in GT but not as nice as the Emira (although Iā€™ve only seen photos of that). Stereo which was the upgraded version was very underwhelming but the engine sound was impressive.

Overall feeling was that it was a genuine joy to drive. In fact Iā€™ve never driven a car thatā€™s felt so right so quickly. It was immediately comfortable, very easy to drive quickly, very relaxed in town, great in the corners. Felt like a proper drivers car.

Iā€™m waiting for the Emira test drive and will then make my mind up between the two or perhaps start with Emira and switch to Alpine later.
That's a great summary thank you for taking the time to write it.
Hadn't appreciated the Legende GT was the run out model for the 2021 gen. So maybe it is a bit pricey considering it costs the same as the new 2022 car. I will definitely go and drive one though.
Also hadn't appreciated that 4.0 718 GTS are now mid 60s as well. And so it starts all over again šŸ˜‚

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
I got the first A110 Legende in the UK. Have had it for almost 4 years now and 10k+ miles. Brilliant car to drive. I daily drive it - itā€™s perfect in the city and on long winding drives in the South Downs, Peak District, Chilterns, etc. Just love it.

Can enjoy the auto when I donā€™t want the stress (city driving, motorways) and switch to the paddles when I want to enjoy the curving drives. The boots are small but relatively practical - used it to shop a ton of alcohol for a party this weekend and the front boot was brilliant. Was wondering if the Emira would be as convenient. Storage in the cockpit is sparse but we have got used to it. Used it for a weekā€™s drive in North Wales and the Peak District and it was fine if you plan for it.

Been quite solid so far. Known alternator issue - mine did break down. And some early software glitches but they have ironed it out in updates. Service has been brilliant.

Most of all - it puts a smile on people who see it. Always have people on the roadside grinning and giving me the thumbs up, and coming to chat. And it is quite rare in the UK - so feels special.

Highly recommend. PM me if you want to know more.

Hedge

Emira Fan
Reaction score
A couple of mates have the base 110 with the Lichfield upgrades and love them. And they own or have owned most of the legendary sports/ supercars from the past 30 years so are pretty good judges, Iā€™d say.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I drove the S with 300 bhp 2 weeks ago. They gave me the keys and a decent route. In honesty it didnā€™t feel like it had 50 bhp more. It was punchier but not night and day. If buying new GT would be the sweet spot. The earlier cars particularly Premiere Edition and Alpine Blue seem to sell. No itā€™s been very reliable only the problems a couple of rattles. The orange demo was built better with no rattles so they have obviously improved it. Life 110 has some good mods available. Servicing and insurance cheap. DAB radio and infotainment poor but other than that not much to worry about.
Thank you for that good info.
That fire orange looks šŸ”„ doesn't it šŸ˜šŸ¤©
You can't beat light weight at the end of the day can you. Guess that's partly why we are all on here šŸ˜…

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I got the first A110 Legende in the UK. Have had it for almost 4 years now and 10k+ miles. Brilliant car to drive. I daily drive it - itā€™s perfect in the city and on long winding drives in the South Downs, Peak District, Chilterns, etc. Just love it.

Can enjoy the auto when I donā€™t want the stress (city driving, motorways) and switch to the paddles when I want to enjoy the curving drives. The boots are small but relatively practical - used it to shop a ton of alcohol for a party this weekend and the front boot was brilliant. Was wondering if the Emira would be as convenient. Storage in the cockpit is sparse but we have got used to it. Used it for a weekā€™s drive in North Wales and the Peak District and it was fine if you plan for it.

Been quite solid so far. Known alternator issue - mine did break down. And some early software glitches but they have ironed it out in updates. Service has been brilliant.

Most of all - it puts a smile on people who see it. Always have people on the roadside grinning and giving me the thumbs up, and coming to chat. And it is quite rare in the UK - so feels special.

Highly recommend. PM me if you want to know more.
Thank you for that really appreciated. Guess I do need to go and drive one.
How was it in the Peak (where I live)? Some of the roads can be a bit challenging and really show up any flaws in chassis set up

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Thank you for that really appreciated. Guess I do need to go and drive one.
How was it in the Peak (where I live)? Some of the roads can be a bit challenging and really show up any flaws in chassis set up
Yes, do get a test drive. Hope you love it as much as I do.

It is brilliant in the Peaks. Really gets into its element and the flow of the chassis comes to the fore. The Legende has a slight sway (unlike the S) which actually adds to the character of the drive. Put it in Sport mode in the Peaks and I challenge you not to be grinning ear to ear.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes, do get a test drive. Hope you love it as much as I do.

It is brilliant in the Peaks. Really gets into its element and the flow of the chassis comes to the fore. The Legende has a slight sway (unlike the S) which actually adds to the character of the drive. Put it in Sport mode in the Peaks and I challenge you not to be grinning ear to ear.
The Yaris has spoilt me a little in regards to demolishing Peak B roads. So be good to have something similar in a prettier body

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
The Yaris has spoilt me a little in regards to demolishing Peak B roads. So be good to have something similar in a prettier body
I can imagine the Yaris being a cracker in the Peaks. The Alpine might be a little more singsong but faster ;-) Go for it!

I will give mine another year and then got for the Life 110 treatment. Heard it makes a great car even more sublime.