• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

OK talk to me about the Alpine 110

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That’s a decent spec and 2022 model so will have car play. Paint alone is £1650 and exhaust nearly £1400. I can’t help but want one of these
Love the R wheels 😎 Whole thing is of course a stunner though

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Well give me a chance to at least go and look at it 😅😉
It's the closest car to me also
Don't get tempted by some of the other cars he has in stock!
Look forward to hearing how you get on if you go and have a look.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Fair enough. It is a cool little car, still rare.
I still have not tested it as I cannot get passed the look of the front of it but maybe it is so much fun I wouldn't care.

If the Emira fails to deliver the fun I seek from it then, right now, a 911 is my go to reserve.

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I was talking with my mate yesterday (he sold the cayman this week) not sure when the 110R will turn up.
He summed it up like this.
Porsche way better more practical daily (he used his Alpine everyday and his Cayman 4.0 GTS).
He was very aware of the Mass of the Cayman whereas the Alpine could be steered with fingertips in comparison.
He would not go back to one if he thought the original one was Sh!t.

and forgot. Another mate has a first edition too as his daily driver

Last edited:
OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Fair enough. It is a cool little car, still rare.
I still have not tested it as I cannot get passed the look of the front of it but maybe it is so much fun I wouldn't care.

If the Emira fails to deliver the fun I seek from it then, right now, a 911 is my go to reserve.
I love the front, looks French in a cool way that only french cars can carry off

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Look how tiny it looks compared to the Yaris!!!! 😍
*Photo stolen from Alpine owners FB page. Thank you.

FB_IMG_1666255308548.jpg

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I like the idea of it but I'm still not sure about the overall look. I like the front, similar to the previous Alpine A110, not so much the rear. Ultimately, if the Emira doesn't work out I'll be disappointed, having waited for rather a long time along with all of you, but I do have a V6 Exige as a plan B, without the rear spoiler though. They don't do much at road speeds, and, as @emiraspain says, they spoil the look.

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Look how tiny it looks compared to the Yaris!!!! 😍
*Photo stolen from Alpine owners FB page. Thank you.

View attachment 9962
I think that is just a height thing...I have seen a few in the flesh around London and it always seems to have more presence and beauty than the photos would suggest...and seems broader too - definitely special

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I think that is just a height thing...I have seen a few in the flesh around London and it always seems to have more presence and beauty than the photos would suggest...and seems broader too - definitely special
I would agree with that. They have real presence in person and people love talking to you about it. The orange particularly looks outstanding in person vs. photos.

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Lovely proportions to be sure.
The width of the Emira on the roads I normally drive is a slight concern

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lovely proportions to be sure.
The width of the Emira on the roads I normally drive is a slight concern
My Taycan is Fing massive. It was parked next to the 'enormous' Esprit this week and it made the Esprit look like a child's pedal car. Can't wait to put the elan next to it when it eventually comes back! (the Elan fits in the back of a LWB sprinter :rolleyes: ).

JohnHoward

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My wife has her heart set on the Emira (even though she won't drive it!) and when I mentioned a week or two ago looking at another car (the A110) she flatly refused to discuss it. She keeps asking if I have got the promised Lotus e.mail yet and I keep telling her nothing yet.
Well, this evening she said to me that it was getting ridiculous with all the waiting, delays etc. She then said you may as well show me a picture of the other car. "Oh, it looks quite nice, I like the colour (Alpine Blue)", she said. I said that perhaps we should have a ride up to the Alpine dealership in Manchester to sit in one, "Perhaps we could next week" she said.
Progress is being made, updates to follow.:)

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My wife has her heart set on the Emira (even though she won't drive it!) and when I mentioned a week or two ago looking at another car (the A110) she flatly refused to discuss it. She keeps asking if I have got the promised Lotus e.mail yet and I keep telling her nothing yet.
Well, this evening she said to me that it was getting ridiculous with all the waiting, delays etc. She then said you may as well show me a picture of the other car. "Oh, it looks quite nice, I like the colour (Alpine Blue)", she said. I said that perhaps we should have a ride up to the Alpine dealership in Manchester to sit in one, "Perhaps we could next week" she said.
My wife loved mine when she drove it. She had half the pub watching her drive off in it the first time 😂

Toomanyloti

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's where my mate got his from. I went with him to collect it. Very good guys by all account.

I will admit that I was very much taken by the cars in the showroom. Dare i say a more refined Elise?