Official Emira site updated featuring Hethel Yellow media

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
The Emira configurator page has recently updated adding a new Hethel Yellow Emira showing off certain features like heated mirrors, parking sensors, etc...

The bit about a "heated rear screen," while looking at the engine through the glass, made me laugh. :LOL:

Screenshot 2022-06-12 163855.jpg
Screenshot 2022-06-12 163646.jpg

Last edited:

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Emira configurator page has recently updated adding a new Hethel Yellow Emira showing off certain features like heated mirrors, parking sensors, etc...

The bit about a "heated rear screen," while looking at the engine through the glass, made me laugh. :LOL:

View attachment 6435View attachment 6434
Love the fact they are needing to show off basic equipment as though they are amazing! heated rear screen!!! Come on! are they using Apple marketing department? #itslikemagic

OP
VL3X

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Love the fact they are needing to show off basic equipment as though they are amazing! heated rear screen!!! Come on! are they using Apple marketing department? #itslikemagic

Agreed, they could have done better than showing features which most economy compacts have had standard for the last decade. Why not highlight the double wishbone suspension, forced induction powertrain, and forged wheels!? Instead we get heated mirrors, reverse cam, and parking sensors. :rolleyes:

Flashback

Reaction score
I assume they're trying to assuage any worries potential customers have around Lotuses being 'basic'?

Admittedly it's an odd point in proceedings to start worrying about that... :ROFLMAO:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It’s funny how several of the US folks are already enthusing about doing a big tuning upgrade on the i4, but the thought of getting your rear badge painted fills you with horror :)

#ForTheModifiers

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Also black lotus lettering with silver finished exhaust…
Something we cannot get…

#ForTheNightmares
It’s a full black pack with silver exhaust- I noticed the same. If I can’t swap for stainless then I’ll look to the aftermarket.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Agreed, they could have done better than showing features which most economy compacts have had standard for the last decade. Why not highlight the double wishbone suspension, forced induction powertrain, and forged wheels!? Instead we get heated mirrors, reverse cam, and parking sensors. :rolleyes:
I actually laughed at the features being presented. I think they should have just focused on cool stuff like the suspension, the design details, etc.

Not..........tech that's been out for 10-15 years.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Well, this is Lotus 2.0 so i actually expect them to focus on comfort and daily drivability.
I know it sounds a bit mad that Lotus, of all companies, should shout about elecric heated seats, screens, stereos, cruise and luggage but a fair bit of their new market will place more importance on this stuff rather than actual dynamics.

They may, quite rightly, assume that we all assume the dynamic aspect of the car speaks for itself.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Well, this is Lotus 2.0 so i actually expect them to focus on comfort and daily drivability.
I know it sounds a bit mad that Lotus, of all companies, should shout about elecric heated seats, screens, stereos, cruise and luggage but a fair bit of their new market will place more importance on this stuff rather than actual dynamics.

They may, quite rightly, assume that we all assume the dynamic aspect of the car speaks for itself.
I wonder if the heated rear screen is new to Lotus. does it facilitate warm hands when you have to shove it when its broken down :)

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Come on guys... are you so nerdy that you really care about what is highlighted!? All I saw was a beautiful video of a Hethel Yellow Emira with full backpack...and I think it looks fantastic!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Come on guys... are you so nerdy that you really care about what is highlighted!? All I saw was a beautiful video of a Hethel Yellow Emira with full backpack...and I think it looks fantastic!
I think the point was that the highlights from Lotus are typical for very other car manufacturer since 1980.. I'd have focussed on the new stuff like the 3 KEF speakers, unique to Lotus etc.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Bear in mind some of the previous cars didn't have electric windows, remote central locking or traction control. Seems fair enough to list all the standard features but I agree doing a video to show it has headlights is a bit unnecessary!

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Bear in mind some of the previous cars didn't have electric windows, remote central locking or traction control. Seems fair enough to list all the standard features but I agree doing a video to show it has headlights is a bit unnecessary!
Plus those of us new to the brand, that will make Lotus a success, already expect heated rear windscreen and electric windows etc..

Matthaus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

The reason why they're focusing on these bits is probably because they still don't even know what else they'll bolt to it yet.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I know everyone is worried about supply chain issues, so perhaps they need to spell out everything that is included.

What next? "Comes with four wheels and tyres"? (everyone knows there isn't a spare wheel right?)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I think the point was that the highlights from Lotus are typical for very other car manufacturer since 1980.. I'd have focussed on the new stuff like the 3 KEF speakers, unique to Lotus etc.
I'm amazed the stereo hasn't been showcased yet. Its quite a milestone for KEF to enter car audio.
It just makes me worry again that it's not finished yet. But I'm sure it has #fortheparanoid

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I'm amazed the stereo hasn't been showcased yet. Its quite a milestone for KEF to enter car audio.
It just makes me worry again that it's not finished yet. But I'm sure it has #fortheparanoid
Which we have become, the good wood review is seriously making me think the I4 fanboys are correct.

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

A yellow Emira really does punches in a class way above…..
Many similarities with this McLaren!