Emira Update, Lotus' NEW logo/badge, dealer invoice and why I changed my final order

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Just posted a Lotus Emira update including some things I've recently learned about Lotus' new brand/logo, glitches in the new Emira configurator and why I made some changes to my final spec. Includes my invoice with details about what I'm paying, etc.

M3DOC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just posted a Lotus Emira update including some things I've recently learned about Lotus' new brand/logo, glitches in the new Emira configurator and why I made some changes to my final spec. Includes my invoice with details about what I'm paying, etc.

I inquired about a Hethel delivery and was told the same thing. I've seen videos of several European buyers picking up their cars at the factory and even allowed some track time. Seems rather odd that Lotus is almost going out of their way to make buying an Emira for the NA market a laborious if not painful exercise. Every time I read about glitches or news about a delay my excitement starts to wane.

BarryH

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

The Lotus Driving Academy is definitely worth doing.
Lotus Driving Academy | Lotus Cars United Kingdom

I did the "Introduction to Sports Cars" which is a 1/2 day driving the track (2 sessions) plus a factory tour and Classic Lotus tour. (worth the flight from Oz :) )

OP
@Life411

@Life411

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I inquired about a Hethel delivery and was told the same thing. I've seen videos of several European buyers picking up their cars at the factory and even allowed some track time. Seems rather odd that Lotus is almost going out of their way to make buying an Emira for the NA market a laborious if not painful exercise. Every time I read about glitches or news about a delay my excitement starts to wane.
I absolutely hear ya and I'm not patient by nature! One they actually start NA deliveries and my car's production date nears, I'll dig into this.

M3DOC

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I absolutely hear ya and I'm not patient by nature! One they actually start NA deliveries and my car's production date nears, I'll dig into this.
Please keep us posted on this, maybe if there were more inquiries into factory delivery they might reconsider.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe factory delivery is UK only? They are a direct sales organization there, with the dealers acting as agents rather than middlemen.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I believe factory delivery is UK only? They are a direct sales organization there, with the dealers acting as agents rather than middlemen.
Yes - and the UK factory retail organisation is currently now being organised in a similar manner to other Lotus UK new car sales agents (but by appointment only as it's within the factory security area) :

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes. I asked a year ago on behalf of a couple of members in US and EU about factory collection and Lotus advised they would not be offering that as an option.