Official Emira site updated featuring Hethel Yellow media

Jonhklee

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
DIN weight about the same too despite all that carbon. But the Artura is proper supercar and not much comparison
How about a tuned 500bhp i4 Emira?? 😂

Even the drivers seat is a little bit high in the review!! Same same… 😂 only
Kidding, different league

Last edited:

DPB

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know the video seems kind of silly and overproduced for illustrating pretty basic car features, but it's clearly a nod to potential buyers who may think of Lotus as a go-kart that doesn't enjoy these creature comforts. Regardless of that, the yellow paint on that car looks absolutely glorious. Combined with the car's lovely shape it has the appearance of liquid moving over a complex surface. You could almost squeeze it over a hot dog. :p

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
DIN weight about the same too despite all that carbon. But the Artura is proper supercar and not much comparison
Despite all that carbon?! What with being larger in every dimension, two turbos, an electric power train?

The real question is why the Emira is so heavy.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Despite all that carbon?! What with being larger in every dimension, two turbos, an electric power train?

The real question is why the Emira is so heavy.
Probably because the typical Emira buyer doesn't have the money to pay 50.000 to 70.000 extra for a carbon monocoque and all carbon body panels I guess.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Probably because the typical Emira buyer doesn't have the money to pay 50.000 to 70.000 extra for a carbon monocoque and all carbon body panels I guess.
If you follow the thread you’d see that was in response to a comment suggesting the Artura was the same weight as the Emira despite having a carbon monocoque.

That said, Alfa made it work with the 4C for not 50 to 70K extra so you can guess a bit more.

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you follow the thread you’d see that was in response to a comment suggesting the Artura was the same weight as the Emira despite having a carbon monocoque.

That said, Alfa made it work with the 4C for not 50 to 70K extra so you can guess a bit more.
Yeah, with Alfa you got the monocoque and nothing more. Not even an engine. Great package as well 👍🏻

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've gone for the V6, but when that 80kg+ lighter, carbon adorned 450bhp i4 variant comes along, I may be trading in.
Sure, but there won't be a 250 kg lighter version with a carbon tub. I was referring to why the Emira is so "heavy".

FederGigant

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Indeed, why isn't it lighter than the GTS?
Why should it be? Do you think the Porsche engineers are dumb? The Emira is 100mm wider, has a supercharger on top of the engine, heavier suspension and a more luxurious interior, yet it still isn't any heavier than the Porsche.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Price. Lotus is delivering the Emira starting at £59,995, not £159,995. It seems like some are expecting that Lotus should have made the Emira with McLaren specs but at Toyota prices. Ain't gonna happen.

The bang for the buck with the Emira is really good actually, which is largely why so many of us are in here getting one. There's simply nothing like it at its price point, and that's why it's getting so much attention, not because its performance blows everything else off the road. It's a good, solid performer with great looks at a very attractive price.

Reactions: Pav

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Price. Lotus is delivering the Emira starting at £59,995, not £159,995. It seems like some are expecting that Lotus should have made the Emira with McLaren specs but at Toyota prices. Ain't gonna happen.

The bang for the buck with the Emira is really good actually, which is largely why so many of us are in here getting one. There's simply nothing like it at its price point, and that's why it's getting so much attention, not because its performance blows everything else off the road. It's a good, solid performer with great looks at a very attractive price.
which is why as i say, its bad enough comparing to the cayman gt4, without throwing in aston V12s used, Mclarens, Alfa's, its getting crazy.
It compares fairly with the cayman gts and the Jaguar F type...although I think even that no longer has a V6 engine, just 4 cyl or v8. Both are at the very very end of their life span though... and the emira is at the start, which should make a difference too... and should help the emira, but as it is tied in many ways to the xx year olf Evora, it doesnt compete well in every sense...