North America FE V6 2.0 Buyers Thread

Finbarqs

Reaction score
Maybe. But they are going to try and build that electric car soon, plus the i4's and bases, all under one roof. The output is not big enough to flood the US imo. I would be surprised if they put 500+ cars out to the US over 2 years once the initial run has been done. They have a lot of interest across the world for this car.
It may end up being something short of a group buy at this point: if they make something that sells, they'll see that product line through. The whole "last internal combustion engine" to me is just marketing verbiage because they can make the 'new Emira' with a new overhaul in design and looks, and updated interior. Technically, it'll still be their 'Last ICE' engine and they can simultaneously release a full electric car next to it -- assuming this sells well and puts money in both Lotus and Geely's pockets. They're capital venturist at this point, and though they make domestic chinese cars (far and few) they're more focused on their investments and its' returns. If the Emira sells very well, you can be sure they'll make more to sell.

Finbarqs

Reaction score
Just texted my dealer (Vincent from galpin lotus in socal) that I’m cancelling my deposit. There’s really no incentive now to keep my deposit in a base spec, especially he confirmed the only privilege I’ll get is to have one of the first “non-first edition vehicles”. (Since all the vehicles EXCEPT FE 1.0’s are price locked)

When it does launch, and if I’m still interested or financially sound, I’ll consider looking into one or second hand if the shoe fits.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
It may end up being something short of a group buy at this point: if they make something that sells, they'll see that product line through. The whole "last internal combustion engine" to me is just marketing verbiage because they can make the 'new Emira' with a new overhaul in design and looks, and updated interior. Technically, it'll still be their 'Last ICE' engine and they can simultaneously release a full electric car next to it -- assuming this sells well and puts money in both Lotus and Geely's pockets. They're capital venturist at this point, and though they make domestic chinese cars (far and few) they're more focused on their investments and its' returns. If the Emira sells very well, you can be sure they'll make more to sell.
They can make this exact car for the next 5 years, then release one with a slight update, say S/R/GT4 etc. they are so painfully slow at producing cars they cannot even meet the current order list. To think they will announce and tool up to make an all new version when they haven’t even delivered the original would be crazy imo. I could seem them tweaking the GT4 they have made and get it as a road car. But the cost increase might kill it

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interested to see who is on the cusp of a 2.0, if they plan to buy, what color they may want, and most important of all when does anyone think dealers will start contacting people? (One thread said about 3 weeks from when they announced the 2.0.
I think there should be some clarity on this idea that there is an actual Emira FE V6 2.0. This not official from Lotus, as of this date it has not been confirmed, it was simply an idea Lotus was floating at the dealer meeting. Also Dealer Emira allocations have not changed from what dealers had previously earned. Total number of Emira FE V6 arriving for the US dealers is 600 which have all been submitted as production orders. If Lotus did decide to build more First Edition V6 at the new price point, the number floated was another 600 units for USA dealers. There is no information from Lotus about how that would effect availability of Base V6 allocations, or if FE V6's would be available to order right along with base V6 orders. It's all pure speculation at this time.

There also seems to be some misunderstanding of when a dealer would contract a customer for their Emira purchase. That comes when the car has been shipped to the dealer and the dealer has done the PDI (pre-delivery inspection), and dealer prep/detailed the car for delivery.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The "2.0" batch of FEs was confirmed by several US Lotus dealers in emails to their customers following the dealer meeting, for example this one from Gator Motorsport:

This seems pretty definitive and the communication to customers was sanctioned by Lotus Cars USA and Lotus HQ. Why do you say it's not official?

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You’ll forgive me if I’m somewhat skeptical of your dealership’s statement. Are they a brand new dealership and therefore never took any deposits before? I ask because as you scroll through you’ll see that all the first 1.0 were sold out over a year ago and there have been a couple thousand depositors in the interim.
I completely understand the skepticism here. It is a brand new dealership and thus they had not taken deposits in the previous periods. I think they opened in Nov '22. I'd highly recommend people around North Carolina reach out to them if they want to try to get an earlier delivery since I believe their list is still relatively short compared to what I've heard on the forums. I suppose if you're willing to travel and don't want to wait you could consider it as well. Cape Fear Lotus in Wilmington, NC. https://lotuscapefear.com/

OP
Pegasi

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think there should be some clarity on this idea that there is an actual Emira FE V6 2.0. This not official from Lotus, as of this date it has not been confirmed, it was simply an idea Lotus was floating at the dealer meeting. Also Dealer Emira allocations have not changed from what dealers had previously earned. Total number of Emira FE V6 arriving for the US dealers is 600 which have all been submitted as production orders. If Lotus did decide to build more First Edition V6 at the new price point, the number floated was another 600 units for USA dealers. There is no information from Lotus about how that would effect availability of Base V6 allocations, or if FE V6's would be available to order right along with base V6 orders. It's all pure speculation at this time.

There also seems to be some misunderstanding of when a dealer would contract a customer for their Emira purchase. That comes when the car has been shipped to the dealer and the dealer has done the PDI (pre-delivery inspection), and dealer prep/detailed the car for delivery.

All good questions and one of the reasons I started the thread. But as @TomE asked above, why are you skeptical of the FE 2.0 being official?

Your point about how this impacts the BASE is also something I am wondering about.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interested to see who is on the cusp of a 2.0, if they plan to buy, what color they may want, and most important of all when does anyone think dealers will start contacting people? (One thread said about 3 weeks from when they announced the 2.0.
Having missed the cut on the initial NA 700 allotment of FE 1.0, the news of a second batch (identified by Lotus as FE 2.0) has me wondering if the iconic 1st edition badging will be adjusted accordingly?
Maybe 1+
2nd Effort

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Having missed the cut on the initial NA 700 allotment of FE 1.0, the news of a second batch (identified by Lotus as FE 2.0) has me wondering if the iconic 1st edition badging will be adjusted accordingly?
Maybe 1+
2nd Effort

Maybe they'll actually align it properly for the FE2.0! 😁

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had my 2nd dealer test drive Saturday when the dealer had their 'demo/test' car for a two week period. Asked a few questions about status.
They get their FE2.0 allocations next month. He seemed quite sure of this since before he gave the Lotus 'soon' answer somewhat.
FE2.0 will have identical badging to FE1.0. No idea if true.
Gave me a date of May '24 for scheduled production end of FE1.0 and FE2.0 and the base edition production start immed after. No idea if that's a guess or typical Lotus speak.
I got 1 hr total with the car this time but that prob depends on the number of appointments they have.
It was just the local dealer guy this time and not an official Lotus USA rep as before.

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I would be very suspicious of the dates. Has any one else mentioned similar dates? Most dealers don't know any more info than the Internet.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Had my 2nd dealer test drive Saturday when the dealer had their 'demo/test' car for a two week period. Asked a few questions about status.
They get their FE2.0 allocations next month. He seemed quite sure of this since before he gave the Lotus 'soon' answer somewhat.
Gave me a date of May '24 for scheduled production end of FE1.0 and FE2.0 and the base edition production start immed after. No idea if that's a guess or typical Lotus speak.
I got 1 hr total with the car this time but that prob depends on the number of appointments they have.
It was just the local dealer guy this time and not an official Lotus USA rep as before.
I thought one of the dealer reports from the March meeting said all FE 1.0 and FE 2.0 would be produced in 2023. Oct/Nov NA deliveries would seem to bear this out. However the ground keeps shifting, doesn't it.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I thought one of the dealer reports from the March meeting said all FE 1.0 and FE 2.0 would be produced in 2023. Oct/Nov NA deliveries would seem to bear this out. However the ground keeps shifting, doesn't it.
I don't remember anything being said about the timing of the FE2.0 cars, just that they would be making them (soon), and that 700+600=1500. I don't see how they can make the FE2.0 cars this year when they have not even started collecting deposits for them.

benjh1028

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Aero - you're with Lotus Atlanta right? Do you know how long the car will be there?

Thanks

Aero

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Aero - you're with Lotus Atlanta right? Do you know how long the car will be there?

Thanks
I'm Lotus Nashville. They have the car til the 13th. So it may be going ATL next?
Nash was one of the last on the first tour so maybe they got it first this time?

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't remember anything being said about the timing of the FE2.0 cars, just that they would be making them (soon), and that 700+600=1500. I don't see how they can make the FE2.0 cars this year when they have not even started collecting deposits for them.
See post #47 for text section in the link.
Depositors in 2021 who missed the 700 unit cutoff remain on Dealer que lists. They would qualify for the additional 600 allocations. Production delays for FE 1.0 were mentioned and prioritized for 2023. This was said to include FE 2.0 units. I'm not aware of any retraction.
Trying to keep hope alive.