North America Emira Experiences

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Mass Airflow Sensor
Thanks! I ordered an ODB scanner that arrives today, hoping I can find out what it is before having to take it to the dealer. Good news is that I'm only a few miles from the dealer. Can't imagine having to truck this thing hundreds of miles like others are having to do.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Thanks! I ordered an ODB scanner that arrives today, hoping I can find out what it is before having to take it to the dealer. Good news is that I'm only a few miles from the dealer. Can't imagine having to truck this thing hundreds of miles like others are having to do.
Yeah…I’m close to my dealer too. As for the OBD scanner, my dealer was not able to determine what the codes meant and had to escalate to Lotus Engineering. It took 2 weeks to hear back from Lotus Engineering…

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah…I’m close to my dealer too. As for the OBD scanner, my dealer was not able to determine what the codes meant and had to escalate to Lotus Engineering. It took 2 weeks to hear back from Lotus Engineering…
I called the dealer and they said that they have seen a few of these Check Engine Light issues already and if the car is running ok (which it is) that they have just had to reset it. Sounds like something that may have been caused by the software update that was applied as part of the PDI process. Fingers crossed.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Emira had a Dynamics Control Module invalid data fault when I first got it. When I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, it went away and has never come back (3 weeks). It currently shows an SOS battery fault that goes away after driving for about 20 minutes. Dealer told me to put the trickler on and that should do it. Apparently there is some separate small battery for the SOS function. I haven't done that yet. There is nothing about that fault that affects the car. I will update once I put the trickler on. So far, everything else has been good.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My Emira had a Dynamics Control Module invalid data fault when I first got it. When I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes, it went away and has never come back (3 weeks). It currently shows an SOS battery fault that goes away after driving for about 20 minutes. Dealer told me to put the trickler on and that should do it. Apparently there is some separate small battery for the SOS function. I haven't done that yet. There is nothing about that fault that affects the car. I will update once I put the trickler on. So far, everything else has been good.
That is useful information…I have that same fault that showed up as soon as I picked up my car from service. It went away after driving for a while, but came back this morning. I’m guessing that they did not put it on a trickle charger while it sat waiting to be serviced over the last 3+ weeks.

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Maybe we just purchase a brand new battery after delivery like someone else mentioned they did. As was said before, there is no telling how long these cars have been sitting in a lot, on a boat, in a factory, etc… those batteries in these cars are probably not in the best shape.

It might be a worthwhile headache saver if it helps prevent any weird electrical gremlins.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
New battery is probably a really good idea.
Not sure about $800+ though

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
New battery is probably a really good idea.
Not sure about $800+ though

1713461027554.gif

The Emira in our garage won’t be winning races with a lightweight car battery that shaves a few pounds from the trunk…

I hate Costco, but…

1713461312798.gif

🤣

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A few hundred bucks more for a 10 year battery that fixes electrical gremlins, lowers risk of being stranded, and also removes 31 lbs from a rear weight biased car is well worth it to me. I already have mine, just waiting on the car to arrive.

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
A few hundred bucks more for a 10 year battery that fixes electrical gremlins, lowers risk of being stranded, and also removes 31 lbs from a rear weight biased car is well worth it to me. I already have mine, just waiting on the car to arrive.
Fair points indeed

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What's the correct battery size for the Emira?
I'm assuming it's an AGM battery?
Stock battery is H6 size, 70Ah AGM.
From the handbook:
Emira battery.png
A lithium equivalent capacity would be ~35Ah due to the difference in discharge curves. So the 40Ah battery GRP sells would provide more usable capacity than stock, double the cranking amps, and be about 70% lighter for those interested. The "re-start" function is huge for me. If the battery becomes fully depleted, it still saves enough in reserves for 1-3 engine starts, theoretically keeping you from ever needing a jump. Good insurance for me who plans to run a dash cam with parking mode.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Were they able to diagnose the check engine light issue? My car has the same issue, would be nice to be able to tell my dealer what it might be in case they can't figure it out quickly.
Earliest FE 1 vs later FE 2 models: I think I read somewhere this is sorted by the dealer doing the latest software updates.. hope for your sake.

Cwolf

Emira Fan
Reaction score
That is useful information…I have that same fault that showed up as soon as I picked up my car from service. It went away after driving for a while, but came back this morning. I’m guessing that they did not put it on a trickle charger while it sat waiting to be serviced over the last 3+ weeks.
Honestly, I have no idea if the trickle charger will fix it, but we'll see.

FlyNavy01

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This appears to be the case for you… 🤣

View attachment 41428
View attachment 41429
Fair enough, but I'm in the camp of improving my car, just as I imagine most enthusiasts on here would be as well. Spending $100k+ on a sports car to immediately replace parts on it from the lowest bidder at Costco that may not fix anything and will likely still need replacing in 2 years or less does not makes sense for my use case.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Fair enough, but I'm in the camp of improving my car, just as I imagine most enthusiasts on here would be as well. Spending $100k+ on a sports car to immediately replace parts on it from the lowest bidder at Costco that may not fix anything and will likely still need replacing in 2 years or less does not makes sense for my use case.
WalMart platinum AGM batteries are made by the same top two suppliers you get behind the other name brands. 4 year warranty too. Working well in my Vantage and E39. Very well priced!

Go Kart

… has a HUGE member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I’m gonna buy Toyota filters that cost a couple bucks. It’s going to do the job just fine. No need to buy a filter that costs $95 because it has a cool name attached to it and weighs 2 grams less imo… but hey, I must be cheap 🤷🏽‍♂️

4 “lowest bidder” Costco batteries wouldn’t equal $900, so I think replacing one in a few years wouldn’t be so bad. Your $900 has the same chance at fixing electrical issues as a less expensive battery. Either way I’d save almost $800 on a Costco battery (the shame 🫢) to spend on Toyota filters.