North America Emira Experiences

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Was driving in the rain today and the ESC fault came on the car went into limp mode at a stop light. Turned the car off and waited 10+ seconds and the fault was gone…About 2 hours later, again in the rain, the same thing happened - and the check engine light came on. Turned the car off again and restarted it - ESC fault cleared and normal engine power resumed, but the Check Engine light remained. Fortunately, I was close to the dealer, so I dropped it off…
Follow-up: Case sent to Lotus and awaiting a response…Two codes without much detail/information and the dealership needs direction from Lotus. The wait continues…

evoxide

Reaction score
New York International Auto Show this week. Not bad company to be parked with. LOTS of attention on the Emira!

IMG_2706.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2705.jpeg
    IMG_2705.jpeg
    225.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2707.jpeg
    IMG_2707.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2708.jpeg
    IMG_2708.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 58
OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Quick run to Food Lion (AKA the "shitty kitty") after the gym to pickup stuff for the infant. On the way, two guys in a work truck stop at a stoplight behind me in the other lane to take pictures of the back of the Emira and then rolled up to me and said a bunch of nice things like "sick car....it's beautiful, congratulations, etc."

Then, upon pulling into the parking lot there were a group of guys with Food Lion shirts on (I think they were on break) and they all got up and started to take pictures and were giving me a bunch of waves and thumbs up.

Lastly, after parking, another gentleman in a white pickup (seen in photo below) drives up and asks if he can take a picture for his 15 year old son who likes to do car videos and photos. He said "this will make his day!"

The Emira can make even a simple grocery store run a lot of fun. I don't much mind the attention as it's almost always positive and the car just brings smiles to peoples' faces.

1712157223953.jpeg

RichiEmira

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
3 discoveries today:

# 1. SeriusXM Satellite radio streams via Bluetooth.

# 2. Set your Driver Memory seat position to “1”… set your exit seat far back to “2”. Now it’s easy to get in and out.

# 3. Look what actually fits! 🤯View attachment 39658
I love this photo! My wife thought I was crazy during my test drive when I opened the trunk and put my clubs in the tester. Had to do the same with the driver as it wouldn’t fit while remaining in the bag. (Did I mention it was pouring down rain at the time?) I’m not sure what I would have done if they didn’t fit. Yes, I have a golf problem!

Reaction score
FYI for new owners- I have 850 miles now - ESC on twice, once after spirited driving, once during stop and go traffic, so no consistency between the two. Both times reset without problem. CEL after first fuel fill up, went out after about 50+ miles (fuel door sensor?); second fill up no issue. Cleary these issue are consistent amongst a lot of NA cars and seems like a simple software update.

Honestly, not causing me any indigestion at all and certainly not preventing me from enjoying driving the car, but would like to hear about progress to a solution at some point.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
FYI for new owners- I have 850 miles now - ESC on twice, once after spirited driving, once during stop and go traffic, so no consistency between the two. Both times reset without problem. CEL after first fuel fill up, went out after about 50+ miles (fuel door sensor?); second fill up no issue. Cleary these issue are consistent amongst a lot of NA cars and seems like a simple software update.

Honestly, not causing me any indigestion at all and certainly not preventing me from enjoying driving the car, but would like to hear about progress to a solution at some point.
What brand fuel did you use? I've noticed with performance cars, it's worth it to use top tier brand gas.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Quick run to Food Lion (AKA the "shitty kitty") after the gym to pickup stuff for the infant. On the way, two guys in a work truck stop at a stoplight behind me in the other lane to take pictures of the back of the Emira and then rolled up to me and said a bunch of nice things like "sick car....it's beautiful, congratulations, etc."

Then, upon pulling into the parking lot there were a group of guys with Food Lion shirts on (I think they were on break) and they all got up and started to take pictures and were giving me a bunch of waves and thumbs up.

Lastly, after parking, another gentleman in a white pickup (seen in photo below) drives up and asks if he can take a picture for his 15 year old son who likes to do car videos and photos. He said "this will make his day!"

The Emira can make even a simple grocery store run a lot of fun. I don't much mind the attention as it's almost always positive and the car just brings smiles to peoples' faces.

View attachment 40461
Brave soul. You understand the magnetic attraction between grocery carts and automobiles? I'm still marveling at someone's Costco run (due to parking lot yahoos]. And dare I mention Home Depot.
A Driver's got to do what a driver's got to do.
Maybe we need a Thread:
"Places you wouldn't expect to see/take an Emira"

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Brave soul. You understand the magnetic attraction between grocery carts and automobiles? I'm still marveling at someone's Costco run (due to parking lot yahoos]. And dare I mention Home Depot.
A Driver's got to do what a driver's got to do.
Maybe we need a Thread:
"Places you wouldn't expect to see/take an Emira"
I can understand the trepidation. However, I haven't had any issues like that in over a decade with any of my previous cars so I suppose I'm more of a nonchalant type. Plus, if I worry about how, when, and where I drive the Emira all the time it takes out some of the fun for me.

Lastly, with a 2 month old and a 2 year old and a full time job, I drive the Emira whenever and wherever I get the chance!!! All that being said, I got caught in the rain with it once and it was FILTHY after that so I don't do any rainy days as it's too much of a headache to clean her up all over again afterwards.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I can understand the trepidation. However, I haven't had any issues like that in over a decade with any of my previous cars so I suppose I'm more of a nonchalant type. Plus, if I worry about how, when, and where I drive the Emira all the time it takes out some of the fun for me.

Lastly, with a 2 month old and a 2 year old and a full time job, I drive the Emira whenever and wherever I get the chance!!! All that being said, I got caught in the rain with it once and it was FILTHY after that so I don't do any rainy days as it's too much of a headache to clean her up all over again afterwards.
I remember those days. We had 2 under 2. Whenever we look back at family photos from that time, my wife likes to observe that I look older and more worn out then than I do now.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lastly, with a 2 month old and a 2 year old and a full time job, I drive the Emira whenever and wherever I get the chance!!!
Living that life here too! In my case with a 3.5 yo and a 4 month old. The exhaustion is real.

trackday14

Emira Fan
Reaction score

My CEL stayed on - even after 50+ miles…The code did not include enough description to identify the issue (according to the service department at the dealership). Car has remained at the dealership, and the case has been escalated to Lotus Engineering to suggest a remedy. It has been 10 days and no answer from Lotus…Not surprised, but I’m not afraid to pull the Lemon Law trigger. I didn’t sign up to buy a $100K paperweight.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hope you get quick resolution.

And I don't want to "should" all over anyone, but if we don't have the chance to check trouble codes before we take the car to the dealer, please press the dealer to give you photo evidence of all set and pending codes when they check. This forum will double its value when we start tracking specific codes to root cause!

SJones

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for starting this thread
Took delivery of a verdant green /tan leather/ sport/ 6 with manual/ black wheels with yellow calipers two weeks ago.this is our 6th Lotus. Beautiful car, Green looks stunning in Florida sunshine. Interior delivered well, apple car play started out usable but now only a sometimes thing. For an anolog car, I find the infotainment overly fussy. Gearbox much noisier than expected in lower gears. Where the experience really falls flat for me is the lack of quality of the paintwork. A silver dollar sized circle shape in the clear coat on one front fender(gun drip?), and a deep ,long, through the clear coat slice parallel to the wheel opening that looks like it was made with a box cutter On the other front fender. The rear fascia has assembly damage just above the black plastic that scraped off the clear coat. Found overspray on the driver door as well. Traded in a pristine Jaguar F Type R that was flawless since new, hard to rationalize the Emira’s issues. Also, for those of you anxiously waiting for your cars, pick up a leaf blower to clean off the back end after every drive. Those open vents behind the rear wheels eject everything you drove over all over the rear of the car!

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Took delivery of a verdant green /tan leather/ sport/ 6 with manual/ black wheels with yellow calipers two weeks ago.this is our 6th Lotus. Beautiful car, Green looks stunning in Florida sunshine. Interior delivered well, apple car play started out usable but now only a sometimes thing. For an anolog car, I find the infotainment overly fussy. Gearbox much noisier than expected in lower gears. Where the experience really falls flat for me is the lack of quality of the paintwork. A silver dollar sized circle shape in the clear coat on one front fender(gun drip?), and a deep ,long, through the clear coat slice parallel to the wheel opening that looks like it was made with a box cutter On the other front fender. The rear fascia has assembly damage just above the black plastic that scraped off the clear coat. Found overspray on the driver door as well. Traded in a pristine Jaguar F Type R that was flawless since new, hard to rationalize the Emira’s issues. Also, for those of you anxiously waiting for your cars, pick up a leaf blower to clean off the back end after every drive. Those open vents behind the rear wheels eject everything you drove over all over the rear of the car!
Sorry to hear about your paint situation/condition. From all the Emiras I've seen in person (and I've seen a couple dozen or so), the darker colors seem to suffer more from the swirl marks and paint issues. My Nimbus Grey looks pretty much perfect and I've washed it twice by hand looking for any imperfections. I'm not a paint snob or expert but I've been very happy with the initial quality of it.

What about your driving experiences thus far? Have you completed break-in? I find the car extremely fun to drive and it gets better as you get to the 1,000 mile mark.

Also, since you are new to the forums, I highly recommend the 3rd cat delete and Milltek controller for the exhaust. It's a TON of bang for your buck in terms of exhaust sound and a bit better power/throttle response.

OP
K_Squared

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Living that life here too! In my case with a 3.5 yo and a 4 month old. The exhaustion is real.
Love them to death but it does make it hard to find time to get out in the Emira for sure! Congrats on the 4 month old. My wife and I are definitely looking forward to when the tiny one can sleep through the night!

SJones

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sorry to hear about your paint situation/condition. From all the Emiras I've seen in person (and I've seen a couple dozen or so), the darker colors seem to suffer more from the swirl marks and paint issues. My Nimbus Grey looks pretty much perfect and I've washed it twice by hand looking for any imperfections. I'm not a paint snob or expert but I've been very happy with the initial quality of it.

What about your driving experiences thus far? Have you completed break-in? I find the car extremely fun to drive and it gets better as you get to the 1,000 mile mark.

Also, since you are new to the forums, I highly recommend the 3rd cat delete and Milltek controller for the exhaust. It's a TON of bang for your buck in terms of exhaust sound and a bit better power/throttle response.
Thanks for your comments,only 300 miles so far, going into the body shop next week. Haven’t really pressed the car yet, so far seems like a bigger, less bare bones Elise. Speaking of an Elise, my last lotus was an Elise that I used as a daily driver for 13 years. Great car but not so good for road trips. My first Lotus was a race car( 1963 Series 2 Elite) as was my second (66 series 2 Super Seven). Then had a ‘69 series 2 Hermes Europa, and an M100 Elan. The Elan and the Elite were trouble free, so I’m disappointed that this one so far is more reflective of the Chapman years poor QC.