Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good to see these and to confirm my choice of Nimbus/black pack/privacy looks good. Main difference is I’ve gone for silver wheels but have been unable to change to the diamond cut without incurring a further delay……
Are there any pictures of silver wheels out there?

No silver wheels on any of the Goodwood cars. I suspect they're one of the problem parts. All the wheels have been delayed, but the silver ones seem to be worst affected.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Is it my eye tricking me or are Nimbus cars‘ bonnet seal less unsightly than that of the Magmas' and Hetheal Yellows'?
Can someone at the Goodwood elaborate on this matter?
It looked the same size and alignment on the Nimbus car. Maybe it doesn't show so much in the pictures, or it's the angle.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
No silver wheels on any of the Goodwood cars. I suspect they're one of the problem parts. All the wheels have been delayed, but the silver ones seem to be worst affected.
Tell Matt to have Geely buy Rimstock. They might as well at this point. It would be quite useful to have their own wheel producing facility, not just for the Emira, but for all their future vehicles.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Tell Matt to have Geely buy Rimstock. They might as well at this point. It would be quite useful to have their own wheel producing facility, not just for the Emira, but for all their future vehicles.
Actually no. Tell Matt to offer Australian made Carbon Fibre rims as a free gift due to delivery delays. I promise us Aussies can deliver as many as may be required! :D

https://www.carbonrev.com/ (These guys make carbon rims for the Ferrari 488 Pista amongst many others).

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
How can 'silver' be an issue lol. Must be loads of close enough shades available to get things moving. Unless they are producing them in colour batches and have now run out of wheels for whatever reason.... Happy to supply my own!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually no. Tell Matt to offer Australian made Carbon Fibre rims as a free gift due to delivery delays. I promise us Aussies can deliver as many as may be required! :D

https://www.carbonrev.com/ (These guys make carbon rims for the Ferrari 488 Pista amongst many others).

Ugh.. imagine curbing a carbon fiber wheel. 😭

G

Guest142

I would be more than happy to which to the gloss black wheels, especially if it sped up delivery or eliminated the delays. Is lotus considering giving us this option?

G

Guest142

I would be more than happy to which to the gloss black wheels, especially if it sped up delivery or eliminated the delays. Is lotus considering giving us this option?

I'll switch to manual gear box and gloss black wheels no problem if it gets the car delivered sooner or on time. I hope Lotus considers allowing those of us in the first delivery group to do this. If it doesn't cause too much havoc.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Yeah, they seem to have plenty of the diamond cut wheels. I specced silver too, but I have no problem switching to black or diamond cut if that will prevent my order from being delayed. I can get them painted silver later.

CheshireCat

Reaction score
Yeah, they seem to have plenty of the diamond cut wheels. I specced silver too, but I have no problem switching to black or diamond cut if that will prevent my order from being delayed. I can get them painted silver later.
I enquired about changing from silver to black wheels about two months ago, prior to the delay announcement. At that time customer care indicated delay from September to some time in 2023.
Doesn’t make sense unless there is a firm policy to dissuade any changes at all.
Maybe things will change if supply issues increase.

Flashback

Reaction score
Same for me.

I'll happily take any of the wheels - preferably a full set of whichever flavour though. :ROFLMAO:

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently not an option. I'd gladly change my wheels too.

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Great pic. I’ve always liked the idea of the emira in silver grey. My issue now is whether to spec it with or wo the black pack.
I’m the same. Without seeing anything blue in person I need to decide by Thursday. Think my plans moved from magma to nimbus but not sure whether to have bp.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
How can 'silver' be an issue lol. Must be loads of close enough shades available to get things moving. Unless they are producing them in colour batches and have now run out of wheels for whatever reason.... Happy to supply my own!
The problems at Rimstock appear to be about more than just getting hold of a particular colour of paint.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
No (or at least not yet). They've got enough scheduling and supplier headaches plus customer comms challenges without opening up the possibility of people being able to change their spec to try and reduce their delay. It's also not a "simple" option, as it's not as straightforward as silver wheel = later and black wheel = sooner.