Nimbus Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Not sure how many “I wish they just had a ‘regular’ silver” comments there were about 9-10 months ago but these pics have cemented those going away (at least from public view) and IMHO that is deserved.

Nimbus looks as incredible as I had originally hoped on my original BDV (before dark verdant) spec. ;)

So yeah, maybe I’m a tad jealous.

#ForTheWishyWashy

Nimbus was originally on the top of my colour shortlist, and I was one of those who wanted a 'regular' silver. I do prefer a 'warm' silver rather than a 'cold' bluish silver, but one that's subtle (like Porsche GT silver). Granted, I haven't seen Nimbus in person (I have no doubt that it shows off the Emira's design brilliantly!), and when I do, potentially my perspective might change. But to me from the photos shared thus far, there's too much bronze/gold/brown in it for my own personal liking to make it my #1 choice.

Isn't it great we all like different things? The world would be a boring place if we all made the same decisions!

#ForTheBalancedWishyWashy :D

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I hate front plates so much!! 😆

nimbus-no-front-plate.jpg

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Couldn't agree more!

But when ADAS radar is added with the black radar hump, I bet we will all want to put front plates over it to cover it up! :ROFLMAO:
Haha, I dunno... At least the ADAS unit is black, and thereby sort of blends in with the grille mesh??

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I agree with your POV. Too champagne looking for ME, but I'm glad others like it. 👍🏼

To my eye, the yellow decor is reflecting pretty heavily and making it hard to distinguish what's bronze from the paint and what's yellow cast and camera sensor compensation. It's exaggerating the yellow hues, creating a perfect storm of champagne. Or should I say champagne supernova?

I've adjusted exposure and white balance on the image below.

1654056004163.png

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Nimbus was originally on the top of my colour shortlist, and I was one of those who wanted a 'regular' silver. I do prefer a 'warm' silver rather than a 'cold' bluish silver, but one that's subtle (like Porsche GT silver). Granted, I haven't seen Nimbus in person (I have no doubt that it shows off the Emira's design brilliantly!), and when I do, potentially my perspective might change. But to me from the photos shared thus far, there's too much bronze/gold/brown in it for my own personal liking to make it my #1 choice.

Isn't it great we all like different things? The world would be a boring place if we all made the same decisions!

#ForTheBalancedWishyWashy

I agree with you totally, I too wanted Nimbus or Seneca and when I finally got to see them both together in the flesh it was Seneca for me. Seneca is a much more bold statement and I think looks better with the baby supercar looks of the Emira. Don’t get me wrong Nimbus is nice, it has a certain class about it, but just wasn’t the colour for me.

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
To my eye, the yellow decor is reflecting pretty heavily and making it hard to distinguish what's bronze from the paint and what's yellow cast and camera sensor compensation. It's exaggerating the yellow hues, creating a perfect storm of champagne. Or should I say champagne supernova?

I've adjusted exposure and white balance on the image below.

View attachment 6171
Nimbus:
new-nimbus.png

What I was hoping for:
new-nimbus2.png

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Usually I would agree, but there are a few other photos without the yellow background and they all have the champagne/pewter looking hue.
If you take a look back at various photos of nimbus flowforms taken under different lighting condition, you can see it changes dramatically between indoor artificial lighting and direct sunlight:
1635954982099-png.1106
img_20211101_125511-jpg.1135

So I would hold my judgement till we see some photo of it under sunny daylight.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Another McLaren with a similar shade of red interior? (as mentioned before, Blade Silver is basically Nimbus)
McLaren-570GT-Review-Dashboard-Interior-carwitter.jpg

Attachments

• McLaren-570GT-Review-Dashboard-Interior-carwitter.jpg
    McLaren-570GT-Review-Dashboard-Interior-carwitter.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 15

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score

Totally agree with you! Different strokes for different folks as they say. To me Senecca looks like a plastic toy car. Magma looks like a burgundy Mazda mini van. Yellow is just to bright for me. Green was my first choice but turned out more black than green. I ended up with Nimbus which was not even on my radar initially. After seeing the pictures of real cars it won me over.

Flashback

Reaction score
Really interesting to see how people land on their colour choices.

For me, I quite liked Seneca but assumed it would be very popular so thought I'd go for something else.

I wasn't keen on yellow, didn't think I'd like green 'in the flesh' and Shadow looked too dark. I considered red, but then decided it was too 'maroon'.

I always like silver cars, so Nimbus was the one for me.

Now we're seeing photos of real cars, I think I could happily swap for any of the colours if I had to.

(Nimbus is still the best, though. :ROFLMAO: )

Kentviking

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Really interesting to see how people land on their colour choices.

For me, I quite liked Seneca but assumed it would be very popular so thought I'd go for something else.

I wasn't keen on yellow, didn't think I'd like green 'in the flesh' and Shadow looked too dark. I considered red, but then decided it was too 'maroon'.

I always like silver cars, so Nimbus was the one for me.

Now we're seeing photos of real cars, I think I could happily swap for any of the colours if I had to.

(Nimbus is still the best, though. :ROFLMAO: )
Was a journey for me too.

First choice was going to be yellow, but it turned out to be a flat colour (non-metallic)
Then went green with my original order, but I was hoping for more BRG and it ended up being too black for my taste
I love the red, particularly the fleck, but its a no go with my wife
So I have ended up with Nimbus after owning several previous titanium cars (TVRs, Noble, Alfa, Mazda, Aston Martin and LR) and liking the fact they all still looked good when filthy.
FWIW the shadow grey was never an option for me as I didn't think it looked special at launch, but I can see the attraction of the blue fleck in sunshine. and although the Seneca looks stunning up real close up I fear it looks a little plasticky from a metre and any further away

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Totally agree with you! Different strokes for different folks as they say. To me Senecca looks like a plastic toy car. Magma looks like a burgundy Mazda mini van. Yellow is just to bright for me. Green was my first choice but turned out more black than green. I ended up with Nimbus which was not even on my radar initially. After seeing the pictures of real cars it won me over.
Hey I get your drift and line of thought 💭 almost hit nail on head lol 🤣🚙🚙

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you take a look back at various photos of nimbus flowforms taken under different lighting condition, you can see it changes dramatically between indoor artificial lighting and direct sunlight:
1635954982099-png.1106
img_20211101_125511-jpg.1135

So I would hold my judgement till we see some photo of it under sunny daylight.

I would take the color shift expectation with a grain of salt... for example Magma Red looks quite bright in that shot, but the images of it that we've seen on review cars parked in various places have it looking much darker and more burgundy than it appears on this flowform sample.

If this actually turns out to be the color I'll be thrilled, but the various snaps of cars in the wild look nothing like this.

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I would take the color shift expectation with a grain of salt... for example Magma Red looks quite bright in that shot, but the images of it that we've seen on review cars parked in various places have it looking much darker and more burgundy than it appears on this flowform sample.

If this actually turns out to be the color I'll be thrilled, but the various snaps of cars in the wild look nothing like this.
B620E68DC903A077FE10EE3566550FF7(1).jpg

Never thought I would go this far but I guess we are all a bit obsessed aren't we? Here I tried to match the magma flow form as close to the above magma car photo as possible. Result shows even less champagne hue. This aligns with various photos of mclaren blade silver cars taken under various circumstances:
1654155445(1).png

which can be very champagne under artificial lighting:
Blade-Silver-McLaren-570S-0.jpg

Let's all hope we see a numbus under bright direct sun though, as all these guessing and propheting are making me look a bit crazy;).

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
View attachment 6190
Never thought I would go this far but I guess we are all a bit obsessed aren't we? Here I tried to match the magma flow form as close to the above magma car photo as possible. Result shows even less champagne hue. This aligns with various photos of mclaren blade silver cars taken under various circumstances:
View attachment 6191
which can be very champagne under artificial lighting:
Blade-Silver-McLaren-570S-0.jpg

Let's all hope we see a numbus under bright direct sun though, as all these guessing and propheting are making me look a bit crazy;).
Not crazy at all. I agonised over which colour to order for months! ;)