• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

New Jubu Emira update 435 hp

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
LOL - I went to the website link and all I learned is it comes in a box :)

I'm assuming this is a piggy-back solution as I wouldn't expect the ECU to be cracked so soon?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
pretty cool, tho idk if im ready for the headache that comes with adding a tune again. my current car has a tune and there has been some scary moments, tho nothing catastrophic yet

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
pretty cool, tho idk if im ready for the headache that comes with adding a tune again. my current car has a tune and there has been some scary moments, tho nothing catastrophic yet
Yeah, as much as I want to immediately go for ~450bhp I'll wait until it's out of warranty. That 3rd cat delete + Milltek valve controller will happen immediately, however :)

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah, as much as I want to immediately go for ~450bhp I'll wait until it's out of warranty. That 3rd cat delete + Milltek valve controller will happen immediately, however :)
oh 100% those mods sound incredible. worth every penny. I like the idea of having the valves open while also having traction control on. ill probably do the catback exhaust upgrade as well.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Must be a piggyback or I figured they'd have raised the rev limiter.

434 hp calculated with an unknown drivetrain loss assumption and smoothing set to 5.

1691766996598.png

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

434 hp calculated with an unknown drivetrain loss assumption and smoothing set to 5.

View attachment 30016
That is an odd-looking dyno. The torque curve doesn't have the same general shape as other M139 dynos, especially with the flatness of the top-end output. Bottom end torque curve depends on a variety of factors, so the shape there isn't as indicative of issues. It would have been good to see the stock dyno for comparison.

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

I suspect that a version of this is involved......

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That is an odd-looking dyno. The torque curve doesn't have the same general shape as other M139 dynos, especially with the flatness of the top-end output. Bottom end torque curve depends on a variety of factors, so the shape there isn't as indicative of issues. It would have been good to see the stock dyno for comparison.
Probably because it's a V6.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect that a version of this is involved......

I highly doubt that, what you linked is a complete ECU replacement.

I'm most likely wrong about the piggyback and it's just an ECU remapping as it is here https://www.jubu-performance.com/en/shop/part-jubu_exige__evora_430-1839

OP
Citizen

Citizen

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have price

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
"Modified Software-Stack for OEM ECU" says piggyback to me. Also, with this modest upgrade, it's a bit meaningless without a baseline dyno.

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
oh this tune/service also includes changing out the air filter and downpipe?

EZcheezy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ecu flash (supposedly not piggyback), air filter intake, third cat delete and installation.
pretty good price for all of those things included

theres some caveats as to why, but i paid way more for the equivalent on current car

Last edited: