• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Narrow Single Garage parking aids/sensors or recommendations

Hi All,

Hoping any people with a narrow single garage can help.

I have a very narrow entry to my garage (2130mm), so it will just fit with 5cm each side with Emira mirrors in!!

It opens up to 2900 mm once in, so hopefully enough room to allow the driver out if I drive in at a slight angle.

Regardless, it’s going to be very tight. Depth is not an issue, it’s the entry width I’m concerned about.

Wondered if anyone has come across any good driver aids/lasers etc to help? Other than perhaps putting some very thin foam or carpet on the garage entrance walls which is more damage limitation than preventative.

I’ve been researching but there don’t seem to be many. I’ve found one laser which sticks to the side of your garage and beeps but it’s only accurate to a min of 4 inches, I only have 5cm, so not going to work.

Finally, do you find it easier to reverse in or drive in?

Big thanks,

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you reverse in?
Yes, a few people have suggested this. I must admit, I've never tried it with any of our cars. I get how the mirrors would really help in this regard. I guess I get the benefit of the mirrors when I'm reversing back out. I'm just not sure how much I trust myself with reversing in a straight line. It's easier to get out of shape when you're effectively steering from the rear. Maybe I'll try reversing in a few times with my son's Fiesta - that's pretty expendable!

A quick google suggests the world is split 50:50 on this. One of life's great dilemmas!

Yas.totti10

Reaction score
This is my garage set up..... Fits very easily into a single garage.

JUST REMEBER TO FOLD YOUR SIDE MIRRORS IN!!!!

Attachments

• 20231121_222607.jpg
    20231121_222607.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230928_195346.jpg
    20230928_195346.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 32

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is my garage set up..... Fits very easily into a single garage.

JUST REMEBER TO FOLD YOUR SIDE MIRRORS IN!!!!
Interesting. What about swinging the wide driver door open to enter/exit?