Mr Grumpy Pants

note89

Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment to apologise to my fellow forum members. I've recently realised that I've become a TOTAL whiny barsteward on here and thats really not me.

I did genuinely start this Emira buying journey as a happy exciteable bunny 🐇who could not wait to see what was instore over the next 12 months. As a Customer Service professional my positivity levels are generally set pretty high, but over the past 8 months my enthusiasm has waned to the point where I'm not really bringing anything positive to the forum party.

The trouble with being a CS professional is you spend your whole day proactively trying to give everyone else a positive experience and in you private time you hope that may be reciprocated in some small way. In most cases you can shrug off a poor purchase/after sales experience, but with the Emira being such an emotive purchase I've definitely gone down the proverbial emotional rabbit hole and come out the other side a more bitter human being.

Even though I know this forum is a place for general discussion both good and bad. I dont want to add negativity to the forum and in some small way possibly detract from other members having a more positive and exciting experience. So from now on I will be keeping to the mantra of "if you havent got anything nice to say, then say nothing at all"

Not looking for attention here and I'm not drunk or unstable (no more than normal anyway).

Genuinely just wanted to say that I am not the negative person that my recent postings/ramblings may have made me out to be, I hope this Emira malarky all pans out for the best and I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in person at events in the future.

Cheers

View attachment 3623

Thanks, you have given me a window to let off some steam too.

The salesperson I'm in contact with has never sent a single email to me, I keep prodding them.
Today when I emailed about something and he said that it might be too late for me to change my spec and decide any options.

HE HAS NEVER REACHED OUT AND TOLD ME I SHOULD LOCK IN ANY OPTION!

I have several times emailed about it though, and been told it's to early todo that for the 4 cylinder version.
And now it's too late...
What are they gonna build me if I have never told them what I want except the body color...

Spending a 100k euro on a car after taxes and they never reach out and ask how you want it built?
Also, I saw on their Instagram that they had the Emira in their store, never emailed me, and told me that I could come and see it even though I asked about it before.

rarrr rarr rarrr

Well i really hope i can send in a spec now...

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

The salesperson I'm in contact with has never sent a single email to me, I keep prodding them.
Today when I emailed about something and he said that it might be too late for me to change my spec and decide any options.

I have several times emailed about it though, and been told it's to early todo that for the 4 cylinder version.
And now it's too late...
What are they gonna build me if I have never told them what I want except the body color...

Spending a 100k euro on a car after taxes and they never reach out and ask how you want it built?
Also, I saw on their Instagram that they had the Emira in their store, never emailed me, and told me that I could come and see it even though I asked about it before.

rarrr rarr rarrr

I would be done with them!

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

And now it's too late...

rarrr rarr rarrr

You defo shouldn't have to be locking in i4 spec yet.
I'd speak to them again as painful as it is.... Stay strong! 💪

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I can echo that. I retired last August after 20 years, and I noticed the same. The pandemic and lockdown certainly didn't help customer attitudes and expectations, but there's been a slow and steady change in customers. They want everything to work like their phone; instant gratification. They're used to instant feedback on social media with likes or whatever, so they expect it to work like that everywhere. When you tell them they may have to wait for something, they're instantly disgusted and start accusing.

Having worked in a retail environment, I'm now extra empathetic to any worker whenever I go out for something. I notice when they're trying to do a good job, and I make sure to compliment them. If the service is good, I ask to speak to a manager and praise the employee. The change in their facial expression is amazing once they realize I'm saying something positive and praising them. Their face literally lights up, so it's clear this is not what they're used to hearing. It makes a difference in how I'm treated the next time I go there. They remember you.
Good on you. Good service deserves as much comment as poor service...it stops negativity being constantly on the lips of everyone!
A friend of mine is in CS and he always works hard to please as his words...if someone feels like they have good service, they tend to tell someone. But if someone feels like they had bad service, they tend to tell 10 people!!!
Always easier to moan than praise...that needs to change!

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If you don't get a sensible answer from your dealer, drop me a private message and I'll help you pursue it with Lotus HQ.

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Just wanted to take a moment to apologise to my fellow forum members. I've recently realised that I've become a TOTAL whiny barsteward on here and thats really not me.

I did genuinely start this Emira buying journey as a happy exciteable bunny 🐇who could not wait to see what was instore over the next 12 months. As a Customer Service professional my positivity levels are generally set pretty high, but over the past 8 months my enthusiasm has waned to the point where I'm not really bringing anything positive to the forum party.

The trouble with being a CS professional is you spend your whole day proactively trying to give everyone else a positive experience and in you private time you hope that may be reciprocated in some small way. In most cases you can shrug off a poor purchase/after sales experience, but with the Emira being such an emotive purchase I've definitely gone down the proverbial emotional rabbit hole and come out the other side a more bitter human being.

Even though I know this forum is a place for general discussion both good and bad. I dont want to add negativity to the forum and in some small way possibly detract from other members having a more positive and exciting experience. So from now on I will be keeping to the mantra of "if you havent got anything nice to say, then say nothing at all"

Not looking for attention here and I'm not drunk or unstable (no more than normal anyway).

Genuinely just wanted to say that I am not the negative person that my recent postings/ramblings may have made me out to be, I hope this Emira malarky all pans out for the best and I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you in person at events in the future.

Cheers

View attachment 3623
I’ve just read this and for similar reasons have stopped posting for a few weeks. As a Corrado VR6 owner and long-standing member there’s nothing to apologise about. I agree some posts and threads have become a little handbags at dawn and personal in some cases. The discussions back in the summer of 2021 were more friendly and had a positive vibe. I’m sure once we’ve taken delivery of our pride and joys there’ll be lots more positivity and happiness 😎 I’m just gutted a delayed into 2023 as could have been in a September / October batch

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I’ve just read this and for similar reasons have stopped posting for a few weeks. As a Corrado VR6 owner and long-standing member there’s nothing to apologise about. I agree some posts and threads have become a little handbags at dawn and personal in some cases. The discussions back in the summer of 2021 were more friendly and had a positive vibe. I’m sure once we’ve taken delivery of our pride and joys there’ll be lots more positivity and happiness 😎 I’m just gutted a delayed into 2023 as could have been in a September / October batch
Lol cheers for the Corrado nod. Ironically that has made me happier knowing I'm getting the old girl restored ready for summer, than the thought of getting the Emira in June.
I watched all the Emira videos again yesterday and found that glimmer coming back. It should be an amazing car.
Sorry about your delay, at least you can familiarise yourself with it early 2023 get any work done you want in regards to protections/looks and then drive it while of Spring, Summer and Autumn 😍

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Lol cheers for the Corrado nod. Ironically that has made me happier knowing I'm getting the old girl restored ready for summer, than the thought of getting the Emira in June.
I watched all the Emira videos again yesterday and found that glimmer coming back. It should be an amazing car.
Sorry about your delay, at least you can familiarise yourself with it early 2023 get any work done you want in regards to protections/looks and then drive it while of Spring, Summer and Autumn 😍
You are a lucky man VR6 and Yaris GR , both would be in my quadruple garage if I had one! Delay on delivery is Mr Sensible waiting for extra funds instead of loans plus gives me more options on Base vs FE. Yes going for a partial PPF wrap. The Nimbus with tan vs black seats is a difficult one. Hope to join some Lotus get togethers in the summer of 2023

OP
Leonard

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
You are a lucky man VR6 and Yaris GR , both would be in my quadruple garage if I had one! Delay on delivery is Mr Sensible waiting for extra funds instead of loans plus gives me more options on Base vs FE. Yes going for a partial PPF wrap. The Nimbus with tan vs black seats is a difficult one. Hope to join some Lotus get togethers in the summer of 2023
No that does sound sensible. I may still push mine back at this rate, could be a good move. Only thing stopping me is thought of possible price hikes.
If you are ever around Derbyshire area you are welcome to check out the VR6 and see if black with Nimbus is way to go. Personally I kinda wish I'd gone red or tan now after seeing the photos, so be brave I say! :)

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
No that does sound sensible. I may still push mine back at this rate, could be a good move. Only thing stopping me is thought of possible price hikes.
If you are ever around Derbyshire area you are welcome to check out the VR6 and see if black with Nimbus is way to go. Personally I kinda wish I'd gone red or tan now after seeing the photos, so be brave I say! :)
Very kind ! I’d forgotten you are a Nimbus spec, I went full black pack in the end. I’m down in Bromley so don’t venture north of Watford that often, I’m sure they’ll be a central meet and Chatsworth would be worth the drive. There is another Bromley Emira buyer on the forum so hopefully I can drool over their car 😍

note89

Reaction score
You defo shouldn't have to be locking in i4 spec yet.
I'd speak to them again as painful as it is.... Stay strong! 💪
Ohh I misread this! You are saying I DON'T have to lock in my spec yet!
Here I am spending the weekend trying to find pictures of Dark Verdant that do not appear to be all that green anymore in the configurator. Maybe I have more time then. I will call them Monday instead and see if we just have a communication issue.
Are there different deadlines for different parts of the car?
The I4 configurator is not even live yet so does sound strange that it would be too late.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here I am spending the weekend trying to find pictures of Dark Verdant that do not appear to be all that green anymore in the configurator. Maybe I have more time then. I will call them Monday instead and see if we just have a communication issue.
The I4 configurator is not even live yet so does sound strange that it would be too late.
They haven't released i4 specifications, options and pricing yet, so it's impossible to specify an i4 at the moment.

r1lee

Reaction score

I also ordered a i4, I've been told maybe in late spring, to lockin i4 specs.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts